This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RJMB_1
    Hopefully someone can get some high technology applied to this race and we can see worthwhile splits etc.!
    Here are the most worthwhile splits

1 4 656 Usain Bolt JAM 9.58 (WR) 0.146
    2 5 1183 Tyson Gay USA 9.71 (NR) 0.144
    3 6 665 Asafa Powell JAM 9.84 (SB) 0.134
    4 3 111 Daniel Bailey ANT 9.93 . 0.129
    5 8 1116 Richard Thompson TRI 9.93 (SB) 0.119
    6 1 492 Dwain Chambers GBR 10.00 (SB) 0.123
    7 2 1110 Marc Burns TRI 10.00 (SB) 0.165
    8 7 1215 Darvis Patton USA 10.34 . 0.149

Comment

• Originally posted by RJMB_1
      Hopefully someone can get some high technology applied to this race and we can see worthwhile splits etc.

I do find Tyson Gay one of the most impressive sprinters ever: the way he can just floor it in the second half of the race ~ it is plainly exceptional! I expect the latter splits for Gay an Bolt will be equal. However overall Bolt is simply out of reach for Gay!
      There is high technology applied and we will get some good splits and analysis

Comment

• Originally posted by Speedfirst
        Originally posted by dakota
        I can see what Eldrick is saying actually although I'd counter it by suggesting the track in Beijing may have been faster.

In some ways Gay has caught up to the kind of level that Bolt actually ran last year, so it's a shame he lost time to injury.
        Tyson said he was faster and better this year and yes the injury played a role.
        ...and here they come. Ok, so Gay's groin was a bit of an issue, I'll just give you that for the sake of the argument. But if Gay was 100% today, do you see him running 9.57? No chance in hell........

Comment

• Originally posted by knockout
          Great to see Powell finally medal.. So happy for him.

However i am damn sure he was easing up at the end again

Lets hope this sorts his head out a little further.

I wonder whether the early season injury helped him or hindered him this year
          He had a groin injury from the semi coming out the blocks,that my be the cause.

Comment

• Chambers did well to reach finals in 1999 and 2009. Ray Stewart managed it eleven years apart in 1984 and 1995 (and lots in between!)

Comment

• ENOUGH with the damn basic times. These guys ran GREAT races. And enough with Asafa was injured. He wasn't the only one!!! He ran a damn 9.84, so save the injury comments.

Bolt was unreal, Tyson was humble and said the better man won, and Asafa and his camp continues to find some excuse to justify his performance.

Comment

• [quote=Vault-emort]
                Originally posted by "RJMB_1":5ieaf21w
                Hopefully someone can get some high technology applied to this race and we can see worthwhile splits etc.!
                Here are the most worthwhile splits

1 4 656 Usain Bolt JAM 9.58 (WR) 0.146
                2 5 1183 Tyson Gay USA 9.71 (NR) 0.144
                3 6 665 Asafa Powell JAM 9.84 (SB) 0.134
                4 3 111 Daniel Bailey ANT 9.93 . 0.129
                5 8 1116 Richard Thompson TRI 9.93 (SB) 0.119
                6 1 492 Dwain Chambers GBR 10.00 (SB) 0.123
                7 2 1110 Marc Burns TRI 10.00 (SB) 0.165
                8 7 1215 Darvis Patton USA 10.34 . 0.149[/quote:5ieaf21w]

I know, and.....

Comment

• Originally posted by JROCK
                  Originally posted by knockout

Really, I didnt hear about that.. Lets hope he is ok for the relay

Comment

• Originally posted by gm
                    Powell was looser than ever...and still got his butt handed to him.

9.84 on that racetrack?
                    gm u still cannt believe what u see gay was the one who got his ass handed to him .He said he would beat bolt(chatta box) 9.58 and look for 18. in the 200

Comment

• Originally posted by track_expert
                      If tyson had no injury problems he probably wouldnt run faster than 9.71 anyway... and is not on 9.5 level.
                      It isn't on that level but if you seriously don't think a Gay without the groin injury woulda ran 9.6x you're crazy..

Also I really still don't see Bolt running a WR in the 200.. we all know he ran that 19.32 all out, and that 9.69 was clowning, he could have ran a 9.58 or better at the olympics I think. I say 19.3 high or 19.4 for bolt.
                      http://i42.tinypic.com/wlqckx.jpg

Comment

• Speechless

Comment

• Originally posted by track_expert
                          number crunching is as good as a sack of shit.
                          how about the difference of Beijing track which was super fast (equal to atlanta) vs.
                          never seen iaaf release documented figures

the berlin track which by comments is not quite so fast

from the posters here ?!

i doubt swiss technology is inferior to american

Wind doesnt mean shit, it isnt consistent... has a different effect on everyone and every race, so take your basic times bullcrap elsewhere
                          iaaf has been using 2m/s = 0.1s for 70y

appears well-tested...

Comment

• Asafa matches his bronze medal from 2007, FYI.

Comment

• Originally posted by knockout
                              Originally posted by JROCK
                              Originally posted by knockout

Really, I didnt hear about that.. Lets hope he is ok for the relay
                              he ran 9.84 easing down so he'll be good enough

..... the relays.... can't wait to see those

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter Michaelson
                                Incredible acceleration by Bolt at around 25 meters.
                                Very good point. Similar qualities to that which began @ Reebok last year...albeit faster. I wouldn't be surprised to see 0.88 or better @ 20-30m and certainly a few peak 0.80's along the way.

PJ will have it before the IAAF makes known the calcs!

Comment

Working...
                                X