• VIDEO: Usain Bolt smashes all
    Final, semifinal, quarter...

Congrats to Usain

Comment

• Did you see michael johnsons face :shock: :shock: :shock:

Comment

• Originally posted by 3
        Originally posted by croflash
        While the bronze medal should be considered a success, I don't agree that the time necessarily can. He ran 9.95 (0.0) in Beijing last year, this time 9.84 (0.9) which is considerably better, but still clearly off his PB and peak performance.
        Mr. "croflash", I believe the time was a successful one, because it's the fastest he's ever performed in a championship, and it helped him medal.
        Well, but that's saying a lot if it can be considered a success. Two years ago Asafa was the favorite to win gold and ended up third, last year many still thought he could win and didn't even medal. The expectations have been lowered again and it almost feels like a surprise that he has won bronze when he has run faster countless times before and once again did not have his best race.

Don't get me wrong, winning a medal in this field is absolutely a feat that should be applauded, I just don't think joking and fooling around before the race and playing with the camera is the reason why he ran 9.84.

Comment

• I want to watch this race with the Jamaican commentary, if there is anyone who has this, can they send me a link please

Comment

• Originally posted by OBUTRACKSTER
            Originally posted by track_expert
            If tyson had no injury problems he probably wouldnt run faster than 9.71 anyway... and is not on 9.5 level.
            It isn't on that level but if you seriously don't think a Gay without the groin injury woulda ran 9.6x you're crazy..

Also I really still don't see Bolt running a WR in the 200.. we all know he ran that 19.32 all out, and that 9.69 was clowning, he could have ran a 9.58 or better at the olympics I think. I say 19.3 high or 19.4 for bolt.
            you sir are full of horse shit.
            Bolt ran 19.30 not 19.32, it was all out but into a headwind!
            He would NOT have run 9.58 if he didnt ease up, 9.63-9.64 with 0 wind.
            The beijing track is superior to this berlin track.

Comment

• Originally posted by dakota
              Chambers did well to reach finals in 1999 and 2009. Ray Stewart managed it eleven years apart in 1984 and 1995 (and lots in between!)
              Almost exact same time too it was 9'99 in 1999, yeah?

I'm happy for Dwain, I feel sorry for the crap time he gets. Man has a family to support, judgement placed upon him by faceless critics and still pushes on, makes a final winds up 6th in the history's finest race. Now, he'll sit at home and watch a quartet of mentally pathetic team mates fumble through a relay, whilst he, the nation's best runner is left of the team for no valid reason other than Vile Politics.

Comment

• I didn't know Maurice and Donovan were there, after the time I was running all over the place.

I was wondering if Donovan would be there since he was Usain's biggest supporter and somewhat of a mentor going into Beijing.

Comment

• There are almost no words.
                  Best race ever.

Bolt is unreal.

Gay set NR.

Asafa medaled.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3a
                    Originally posted by dakota
                    Chambers did well to reach finals in 1999 and 2009. Ray Stewart managed it eleven years apart in 1984 and 1995 (and lots in between!)
                    Almost exact same time too it was 9'99 in 1999, yeah?

I'm happy for Dwain, I feel sorry for the crap time he gets. Man has a family to support, judgement placed upon him by faceless critics and still pushes on, makes a final winds up 6th in the history's finest race. Now, he'll sit at home and watch a quartet of mentally pathetic team mates fumble through a relay, whilst he, the nation's best runner is left of the team for no valid reason other than Vile Politics.
                    i would have really liked to see a 9.99, would have brought this race to far surpass Tokyo 1991 (6 men sub 10.00).

Comment

• Originally posted by JRM
                      9.69 (0.0) = 9.69s
                      9.58 (0.9) = 9.62s

It all depends what you think he "actually" ran in Beijing.
                      0.02s for rt & 0.05s for slowing last 10m ( perhaps even an additional 0.01 - 0.02s for 80 - 90m )

Comment

• Originally posted by Speedfirst
                        Originally posted by track_expert
                        Originally posted by Speedfirst
                        Originally posted by dakota
                        I can see what Eldrick is saying actually although I'd counter it by suggesting the track in Beijing may have been faster.

In some ways Gay has caught up to the kind of level that Bolt actually ran last year, so it's a shame he lost time to injury.
                        Tyson said he was faster and better this year and yes the injury played a role.
                        If tyson had no injury problems he probably wouldnt run faster than 9.71 anyway... and is not on 9.5 level.
                        Here we go again....who said Tyson is on a 9.5 level? Now you wanna speculate what he might have run :roll:

While you're at it, why not try and rip a hole in his 9.71, cuz remember Tyson just a basic 9.84 guy :shock:
                        no-one said he was basic after his 9.77 in rome did they, so no need to bring that up twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by croflash
                          Originally posted by 3
                          Originally posted by croflash
                          While the bronze medal should be considered a success, I don't agree that the time necessarily can. He ran 9.95 (0.0) in Beijing last year, this time 9.84 (0.9) which is considerably better, but still clearly off his PB and peak performance.
                          Mr. "croflash", I believe the time was a successful one, because it's the fastest he's ever performed in a championship, and it helped him medal.
                          Well, but that's saying a lot if it can be considered a success. Two years ago Asafa was the favorite to win gold and ended up third, last year many still thought he could win and didn't even medal. The expectations have been lowered again and it almost feels like a surprise that he has won bronze when he has run faster countless times before and once again did not have his best race.

Don't get me wrong, winning a medal in this field is absolutely a feat that should be applauded, I just don't think joking and fooling around before the race and playing with the camera is the reason why he ran 9.84.
                          Physically he wasnt 9.7, he ran as fast as he could have.

Comment

• Asafa run a season's best.
                            The race went according to form man.

Comment

• Are you KIDDING me??!!

Comment

• Originally posted by eldrick
                                Originally posted by JRM
                                9.69 (0.0) = 9.69s
                                9.58 (0.9) = 9.62s

It all depends what you think he "actually" ran in Beijing.
                                0.02s for rt & 0.05s for slowing last 10m ( perhaps even an additional 0.01 - 0.02s for 80 - 90m )
                                How about comparing the track surfaces? This Berlin run was physically faster. In the end... whats your point?

Comment

Working...
                                X