X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 3a
    Originally posted by dakota
    Chambers did well to reach finals in 1999 and 2009. Ray Stewart managed it eleven years apart in 1984 and 1995 (and lots in between!)
    Almost exact same time too it was 9'99 in 1999, yeah?

I'm happy for Dwain, I feel sorry for the crap time he gets. Man has a family to support, judgement placed upon him by faceless critics and still pushes on, makes a final winds up 6th in the history's finest race. Now, he'll sit at home and watch a quartet of mentally pathetic team mates fumble through a relay, whilst he, the nation's best runner is left of the team for no valid reason other than Vile Politics.
    Dont want to detract from the race, but I will for one post only.... I am always Dwains biggest defender when i see him banned from meets where other drug cheats compete, or when the BBC cannot shut up about his drugs ban..... BUT with the relay his bad actions of the past didnt just cost him a medal, but his team mates too... I guess that is the reason why he isnt in the squad and I can kind of accept that. The GB team would be a genuine medal threat with him onboard though.... and that is a shame.

back on topic, I wonder if Dwain could have improved if he had raced more this season against the big boys

Comment

• Take a look at the photofinish: Bolt's foot crossed in 9.53. That's one hell of a stride!

Comment

• Originally posted by JRM
        Take a look at the photofinish: Bolt's foot crossed in 9.53. That's one hell of a stride!
        shame he isnt a giraffe, he would have gone sub 9,50

Comment

• Originally posted by track_expert

you sir are full of horse shit.
          Bolt ran 19.30 not 19.32, it was all out but into a headwind!
          He would NOT have run 9.58 if he didnt ease up, 9.63-9.64 with 0 wind.
          The beijing track is superior to this berlin track.
          That was my bad I meant 19.30, who says there wont be a headwind when he runs it this time? Also if bejing track is superior then why think his time will be better? There is no way Tyson will run better than 19.50 in the 200, with that said who is going to push Bolt to a new WR? He already said he doesn't care about times this year just wants to win.

Bolt will not break his 200M record this year, write it down, quote me, whatever. 8-)
          http://i42.tinypic.com/wlqckx.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by croflash
            Originally posted by 3
            Originally posted by croflash
            While the bronze medal should be considered a success, I don't agree that the time necessarily can. He ran 9.95 (0.0) in Beijing last year, this time 9.84 (0.9) which is considerably better, but still clearly off his PB and peak performance.
            Mr. "croflash", I believe the time was a successful one, because it's the fastest he's ever performed in a championship, and it helped him medal.
            Well, but that's saying a lot if it can be considered a success. Two years ago Asafa was the favorite to win gold and ended up third, last year many still thought he could win and didn't even medal. The expectations have been lowered again and it almost feels like a surprise that he has won bronze when he has run faster countless times before and once again did not have his best race.

Don't get me wrong, winning a medal in this field is absolutely a feat that should be applauded, I just don't think joking and fooling around before the race and playing with the camera is the reason why he ran 9.84.
            Physically he wasnt 9.7, he ran as fast as he could have.
            There is also the fact that he injured himself in the semi's

Comment

• Mr. Bolt's top-2 times came exactly 365 days apart, with his 9"69 set in stone on August 16, 2008.
              Fire Impossible.

Comment

• or 2nd fastest non Bolt time.
                Don't you mean Tyson ran the fastest non-Bolt time? No one other than Gay has run a legal under 9.71.

How does this affect fast young men thinking about their 100 futures?

I would LOVE to see Bolt conquer the 400.
                You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

i would have really liked to see a 9.99, would have brought this race to far surpass Tokyo 1991 (6 men sub 10.00).
                  Well 10.00 by Burns is the fastest seventh place in history so...

Patton ran 10.03 in Beijing for eighth but didn't match that here though.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrainerPhil
                    Originally posted by Speedfirst
                    Originally posted by dakota
                    I can see what Eldrick is saying actually although I'd counter it by suggesting the track in Beijing may have been faster.

In some ways Gay has caught up to the kind of level that Bolt actually ran last year, so it's a shame he lost time to injury.
                    Tyson said he was faster and better this year and yes the injury played a role.
                    ...and here they come. Ok, so Gay's groin was a bit of an issue, I'll just give you that for the sake of the argument. But if Gay was 100% today, do you see him running 9.57? No chance in hell........
                    TrainerPhil,,,,,don't get it twisted, there is no here they come. Bolt won flat out, ran the fastest time ever. No one said Tyson would have run a 9.58 or better. But if you THINK, he wasn't injured, which I don't think you believe that, because you even commented on his groin in the past.

If you don't think his injury played a role in his training, well I don't know what to tell you, and if you are trying to make a link between the comments here with respect to beating Bolt, you are sadly mistaken.
                    on the road

Comment

• Originally posted by poster
                      Asafa run a season's best.
                      The race went according to form man.
                      He ran a 9.88 in Rome.

Where did he get injured in the semifinal ? I never heard about that.

Comment

• Amazing tbh, i reckon Thompson can get the indoor 60m WR if he went for it, he actually did really well and proves to be a championship performance. A couple of injury free seasons and he will be rapid, his first 60m is incredible.

All has been said about Bolt no more needs to be said. Gay ran incredible, Asafa was solid and ran SB, looks good for 100m races at grand prix meets after. A whole bunch of 9.7's and 9.6's on the cards. Are they all signed up for Brussels?

Comment

• Originally posted by OBUTRACKSTER
                          Originally posted by track_expert

That was my bad I meant 19.30, who says there wont be a headwind when he runs it this time? Also if bejing track is superior then why think his time will be better? There is no way Tyson will run better than 19.50 in the 200, with that said who is going to push Bolt to a new WR? He already said he doesn't care about times this year just wants to win.

Bolt will not break his 200M record this year, write it down, quote me, whatever. 8-)
                          lol you will be quoted come the finals

Comment

• Originally posted by OBUTRACKSTER
                            Originally posted by track_expert

Thank you michael johnson (last year michael came up with a list of seasons after the 100m finals, of why Bolt will not break his record :wink: :roll: )

Comment

• Originally posted by Gordon18
                              I want to watch this race with the Jamaican commentary, if there is anyone who has this, can they send me a link please

You can. I sent you a PM with the info.
                              Cows need love too

Comment

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KYGYsDy_jU

Comment

Working...
                                X