• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by croflash
    Originally posted by poster
    Asafa run a season's best.
    The race went according to form man.
    He ran a 9.88 in Rome.

Where did he get injured in the semifinal ? I never heard about that.
    He said he tweaked it in the semi's.

Comment

• Originally posted by jamaicantrackfan
      Originally posted by Gordon18
      I want to watch this race with the Jamaican commentary, if there is anyone who has this, can they send me a link please

You can. I sent you a PM with the info.
      Send me a PM too if you can

Comment

• I wonder if anyone in the future will bet again bolt,and cussing us about other people should not show up since bolt win .........................

8-) 8-)
        From now on people running for silver medalsssssssss

Comment

• Powell injured his groin after the semis.
          He said he was surprised to even get a medal, his coached asked him if he wanted to run; he said he has to!
          He was feeling the pain and blocked it out.
          Well done running 9.84 on a fresh injury, race would have been even sweeter with Powell and Gay going down to the line.

Well on to the 200m WR and 4x100 WR :lol:

Comment

• Originally posted by dakota
            Originally posted by track_expert

i would have really liked to see a 9.99, would have brought this race to far surpass Tokyo 1991 (6 men sub 10.00).
            Well 10.00 by Burns is the fastest seventh place in history so...

Patton ran 10.03 in Beijing for eighth but didn't match that here though.
            Patton gave up or is injured, not sure...

Comment

• Originally posted by Haskell45
              Powell injured his groin.
              He said he was surprised to even get a medal, his coached asked him if he wanted to run; he said he has to!
              Well done running 9.84 on a fresh injury, race would have been even sweeter with Powell and Gay going down to the line.

we saw sub 9.6, not time for sub 19, and sub 37

Comment

• Originally posted by Gordon18
                Originally posted by Speedfirst
                Originally posted by track_expert
                Originally posted by Speedfirst
                Originally posted by dakota
                I can see what Eldrick is saying actually although I'd counter it by suggesting the track in Beijing may have been faster.

In some ways Gay has caught up to the kind of level that Bolt actually ran last year, so it's a shame he lost time to injury.
                Tyson said he was faster and better this year and yes the injury played a role.
                If tyson had no injury problems he probably wouldnt run faster than 9.71 anyway... and is not on 9.5 level.
                Here we go again....who said Tyson is on a 9.5 level? Now you wanna speculate what he might have run :roll:

While you're at it, why not try and rip a hole in his 9.71, cuz remember Tyson just a basic 9.84 guy :shock:
                no-one said he was basic after his 9.77 in rome did they, so no need to bring that up twice.
                I"ll bring up, what I want to bring up, not what YOU or anyone else thinks I should, thank you. That's why you get to post what you decide and I get to post what I decide. Last time I checked, I'm not a puppet and definitely not yours.
                on the road

Comment

• You know what's crazy? Bolt is so phenomenal that I've run out of superlatives. I thought running 9.69 the way he did was virtually impossible; was the greatest sprint performance I'd ever seen. He now runs 9.58, numbers I didn't think I'd see in my lifetime. I actually screamed and then stared at the tv set with my mouth wide-open. My mind has been blown. :shock:

Comment

• Originally posted by guruof track
                    ENOUGH with the damn basic times. These guys ran GREAT races. And enough with Asafa was injured. He wasn't the only one!!! He ran a damn 9.84, so save the injury comments.

Bolt was unreal, Tyson was humble and said the better man won, and Asafa and his camp continues to find some excuse to justify his performance.
                    Most sensible quote today.

A great run that lived up to it's hype.

Comment

• Originally posted by Haskell45
                      Powell injured his groin after the semis.

If it affected him as much, you can only say well done and congratulate on a great performance.

Comment

• [quote=track_expert]
                        Originally posted by OBUTRACKSTER
                        Originally posted by "track_expert":28b0qc5p

you sir are full of horse shit.
                        Bolt ran 19.30 not 19.32, it was all out but into a headwind!
                        He would NOT have run 9.58 if he didnt ease up, 9.63-9.64 with 0 wind.
                        The beijing track is superior to this berlin track.
                        That was my bad I meant 19.30, who says there wont be a headwind when he runs it this time? Also if bejing track is superior then why think his time will be better? There is no way Tyson will run better than 19.50 in the 200, with that said who is going to push Bolt to a new WR? He already said he doesn't care about times this year just wants to win.

Bolt will not break his 200M record this year, write it down, quote me, whatever. 8-)
                        Thank you michael johnson (last year michael came up with a list of seasons after the 100m finals, of why Bolt will not break his record :wink: :roll: )[/quote:28b0qc5p]

We saw Michael's mind get blown LIVE! on UK TV. For such an exceptional WR holder to have his mind blown is the greatest testament of all, probably!

Comment

• Originally posted by jamaicantrackfan
                          Originally posted by Gordon18
                          I want to watch this race with the Jamaican commentary, if there is anyone who has this, can they send me a link please

You can. I sent you a PM with the info.
                          Would you send me the link as well JTFan?

Comment

• That was the best start I've seen from Tyson. It seemed like from 20 to 30 meters on it was a two man race.

Comment

• I hope Asafa is ok for the 4x100 because they have a chance to break that WR again.

Comment

• Can't believe someone can be 1/2 a second faster than someone else in a 100m, its mind boggling!!!

Bolt can go faster too!! he was looking side to side!! :shock:

Comment

Working...
                                X