This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by track_expert
    How about comparing the track surfaces? This Berlin run was physically faster
    conjecture

no documented releases from iaaf about this

In the end... whats your point?
    he wasn't intrinsically faster than peking

Comment

• Originally posted by track_expert
      Originally posted by eldrick
      Originally posted by 3
      Originally posted by eldrick
      actually

considering wind, rt & messing about in peking finish, i think this 9.58 was fractionally inferior to that by 0.01 - 0.02s
      Mr. "eldrick", you stand alone in the cold on this one.
      do the numbercrunching...
      number crunching is as good as a sack of shit.
      how about the difference of Beijing track which was super fast (equal to atlanta) vs. the berlin track which by comments is not quite so fast.

Wind doesnt mean shit, it isnt consistent... has a different effect on everyone and every race, so take your basic times bullcrap elsewhere
      Berlin's final was excluding the anomaly of the 8th place and adding 0,04s for each place to compensate for the aiding wind today and substracting the partying of Bolt just as fast as Beijing's final. Or did they now underperform? Bolt gained today also on his RT, which contributes to the opinion that he wasn't intrinsicly better than last year. Although this doesn't matter, because he's still in his own league.

Statistically it could take numerous reruns, before the maximal performance is reached. In fact Bolt very rarely runs allout.

Comment

• I just want to pat myself on the back:

Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am

What I think a Bolt blowout would look like:
        +0.7
        Usain Bolt--------9.61
        Tyson Gay--------9.72
        Asafa Powell-----9.84

(Pretty close)

I think its wonderful Gay made it through without getting hurt. Bolts performance makes it seem like there needs to be some kind of rule change or something, like they need to put him 10 meters behind everyone else like the Australian foot race.

I also stand pat on the fact that Gay's groin hampered him big time, but I don't think Gay would have ran fast enough to beat Bolt's 9.58 no matter what the circumstances. I think he could have been closer, though, if not for the groin complication.

Also, while searching for my predictions post, I ran into a debate I had with Speedfirst (he and I never seem to agree on anything). He was adament that Bolt was NOT the GOAT yet, I contended that if he beat Gay in Berlin, that he would be.

He beat Gay in Berlin, and even a healthy Gay probably would have only topped out at 9.66-9.67. Plus, he ran a 9.58. It is my assertion that Bolt is now the GOAT. What say you now, Speedfirst?

I also submit Gay is the second best of all time. I'm really not a fan of Bolt.

Comment

• 22/100, that's the margin he crushed the WC-record with...

Gotta go to sleep now...but I don't think I can! Emotionally empty over here!

Comment

• I just want to pat myself on the back:

+0.7
            Usain Bolt--------9.61
            Tyson Gay--------9.72
            Asafa Powell-----9.84

(Pretty close)

I think its wonderful Gay made it through without getting hurt. Bolts performance makes it seem like there needs to be some kind of rule change or something, like they need to put him 10 meters behind everyone else like the Australian foot race.

I also stand pat on the fact that Gay's groin hampered him big time, but I don't think Gay would have ran fast enough to beat Bolt's 9.58 no matter what the circumstances. I think he could have been closer, though, if not for the groin complication.

Also, while searching for my predictions post, I ran into a debate I had with Speedfirst (he and I never seem to agree on anything). He was adament that Bolt was NOT the GOAT yet, I contended that if he beat Gay in Berlin, that he would be.

He beat Gay in Berlin, and even a healthy Gay probably would have only topped out at 9.66-9.67. Plus, he ran a 9.58. It is my assertion that Bolt is now the GOAT. What say you now, Speedfirst?

Comment

• Originally posted by eldrick
              Originally posted by track_expert
              conjecture

peking? what you talking about fool?

Comment

• Is Bolt greater than carl lewis now?
                2 consecutive WR in championship settings?
                And there is more to come. I still cannot wrap my head around 9.58!!

Dwaine chambers; project Bolt.........lol . :roll: ......................he is a fool.

Comment

• The Jamaicans can talk all the smack they want. Bolt is it!

Gay 9.71, and still gets his hind pots handed to him. Great race by Asafa!

TV

Comment

• Originally posted by eldrick
                    Originally posted by track_expert
                    conjecture

So taking the conditions in Berlin, what time would he have had to run inorder to be intrinsically faster than in Peking.

Comment

• Originally posted by bluequiet
                      I just want to pat myself on the back:

+0.7
                      Usain Bolt--------9.61
                      Tyson Gay--------9.72
                      Asafa Powell-----9.84

(Pretty close)

Bolt is the GOAT, world title and olympic title, unbeatable times, what you want him to do next? He'll add the 200m gold + another record and a relay gold/record to this.

Comment

• Bolt was all class in the NBC post-race interview.

Comment

• Originally posted by Haskell45
                          Can't believe someone can be 1/2 a second faster than someone else in a 100m, its mind boggling!!!

Bolt can go faster too!! he was looking side to side!! :shock:
                          Uhh.. lets race Haskell.. I'll show you mind boggling lol :lol: :lol:
                          http://i42.tinypic.com/wlqckx.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Haskell45
                            Is Bolt greater than carl lewis now?
                            2 consecutive WR in championship settings?
                            And there is more to come. I still cannot wrap my head around 9.58!!

Dwaine chambers; project Bolt.........lol . :roll: ......................he is a fool.
                            Carl Lewis was a better athlete...........simply because of the LJ component. But straight sprinting, its Bolt, MJ, Mo, Carl Lewis. In that order.

Comment

• carl who???

Comment

• pekingt is what they call beijing on here.

chambers still got the 200 as part of project bolt!

all jokes aside, chambers ran well, the championship was better because he was there.

Comment

Working...
                                X