• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chriswitt
    carl who???
    Bolt at 6-5 with that type of start!

Comment

• Originally posted by 3a
      I'm happy for Dwain, I feel sorry for the crap time he gets. Man has a family to support, judgement placed upon him by faceless critics and still pushes on, makes a final winds up 6th in the history's finest race. Now, he'll sit at home and watch a quartet of mentally pathetic team mates fumble through a relay, whilst he, the nation's best runner is left of the team for no valid reason other than Vile Politics.
      Yea I really thought he might medal but I guess I am too biased. He really is my favorite runner for some reason I just feel a connection with him. And yea it is stupid he is not on the relay.

As for Asafa, well, I really don't understand how people are pleased with a 9.84. This is a man who still has not mastered being a big meet competitor. I thought he could win, and now I see I was wrong, but he did not put up a fight. It makes me sad because I really thought he could have been the greatest of all time.

Comment

• Man, some of you guys behave like kids in the school yard... with all your arguments and macho posturing...what next? my dad is bigger than your dad????

we just saw the greatest race of all time... can't you just enjoy it without feeding your own egos???????

Comment

• I'd also like to add that i reckon Mo Greene is still the 2nd greatest 100m sprinter ever. His championship times etc are amazing and i reckon he would of raised his game racing Bolt. in 2001 he was going to run something crazy. In that form in the race today with bolt i think he would go mid 9.6

Comment

• Originally posted by knockout
            Man, some of you guys behave like kids in the school yard... with all your arguments and macho posturing...what next? my dad is bigger than your dad????

we just saw the greatest race of all time... can't you just enjoy it without feeding your own egos???????
            No.....that's why this a message board and why we can post what we want within reason and not what you want us to post.

If you don't wanna be involved in the bantering, don't be a part.
            on the road

Comment

• Originally posted by Speedfirst
              Originally posted by knockout
              Man, some of you guys behave like kids in the school yard... with all your arguments and macho posturing...what next? my dad is bigger than your dad????

No.....that's why this a message board and why we can post what we want within reason and not what you want us to post.

Keep feeding that ego...

Comment

• 9.58 9.58

Comment

• Originally posted by Gordon18
                  9.58 9.58

Comment

• Originally posted by knockout
                    Originally posted by Speedfirst
                    Originally posted by knockout

Keep feeding that ego...
                    Got absolutely nothing to do with ego, I didn't train one second to run in this race. This has to do with your attempt to legislate what someone can or cannot post. You might wanna stop feeding your ego :shock: :lol:
                    on the road

Comment

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZJn_vuJTEQ

MICHAEL JOHNSONS REACTION

Comment

• Originally posted by Speedfirst
                        TrainerPhil,,,,,don't get it twisted, there is no here they come. Bolt won flat out, ran the fastest time ever. No one said Tyson would have run a 9.58 or better. But if you THINK, he wasn't injured, which I don't think you believe that, because you even commented on his groin in the past.

If you don't think his injury played a role in his training, well I don't know what to tell you, and if you are trying to make a link between the comments here with respect to beating Bolt, you are sadly mistaken.
                        Fair enuff. Gay may have run somewhere in the 9.65 range had he been in tip top form. All I was looking for something like "Gay 100% was not winning this race." I'm still not seeing that, but I guess you can only eat so much of that humble pie.....

Comment

• Originally posted by RJMB_1
                          So taking the conditions in Berlin, what time would he have had to run inorder to be intrinsically faster than in Peking.
                          your a stats guy - no need to ask me, but 9.55 at worst i'd say

Comment

• Originally posted by guruof track
                            Originally posted by Haskell45
                            Is Bolt greater than carl lewis now?
                            2 consecutive WR in championship settings?
                            And there is more to come. I still cannot wrap my head around 9.58!!

Dwaine chambers; project Bolt.........lol . :roll: ......................he is a fool.
                            Carl Lewis was a better athlete...........simply because of the LJ component. But straight sprinting, its Bolt, MJ, Mo, Carl Lewis. In that order.
                            Would you even be surprised if he just wanted to try the LJ for shits and giggles and he ended up being the best in the world at that as well? I'd think he would be pretty darn good at it.......

Great question though guruof track, if he went on to the 400m and he conquered that event, would you then change your mind about who was the better athlete?

Comment

• i hate when people try to ruin the moment, guru is right. we just watched the best 100 meter race ever, just enjoy it and be happy we were able to be a part it. even from far away...

Comment

• every part of bolts race is better than gays, if bolts executes he wins, simple as.

Comment

Working...
                                X