Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hey, what about the YAM COLORED SHOES? Was that the secret to running fast????

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackDaddy
      You know... running sub 10 no longer sounds like such a big deal.

All 9.9 and up sprinters....turn in your spikes.
      :lol: :lol: I am beginning to believe that to

Comment

• Originally posted by OBUTRACKSTER
        Originally posted by track_expert
        If tyson had no injury problems he probably wouldnt run faster than 9.71 anyway... and is not on 9.5 level.
        It isn't on that level but if you seriously don't think a Gay without the groin injury woulda ran 9.6x you're crazy..

Also I really still don't see Bolt running a WR in the 200.. we all know he ran that 19.32 all out, and that 9.69 was clowning, he could have ran a 9.58 or better at the olympics I think. I say 19.3 high or 19.4 for bolt.

some of us still haven't leant our lesson

AWESOME!!! SUPERB!!!! RIDICULOUS!!! THE G.O.A.T hands down.

One love!
        One Love!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gordon18
          Originally posted by Speedfirst
          Originally posted by dakota
          I can see what Eldrick is saying actually although I'd counter it by suggesting the track in Beijing may have been faster.

In some ways Gay has caught up to the kind of level that Bolt actually ran last year, so it's a shame he lost time to injury.
          Tyson said he was faster and better this year and yes the injury played a role.
          If tyson had no injury problems he probably wouldnt run faster than 9.71 anyway... and is not on 9.5 level.
          Here we go again....who said Tyson is on a 9.5 level? Now you wanna speculate what he might have run :roll:

While you're at it, why not try and rip a hole in his 9.71, cuz remember Tyson just a basic 9.84 guy :shock:
          no-one said he was basic after his 9.77 in rome did they, so no need to bring that up twice.

The detractors have to resort to something else to argue about now that the dust is settled and reality sets in

One Love!
          One Love!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by JROCK
            Originally posted by TrackDaddy
            You know... running sub 10 no longer sounds like such a big deal.

All 9.9 and up sprinters....turn in your spikes.
            :lol: :lol: I am beginning to believe that to
            Better make that 9.9 Basic!

Comment

• Originally posted by Speedfirst
              Originally posted by dakota
              I can see what Eldrick is saying actually although I'd counter it by suggesting the track in Beijing may have been faster.

In some ways Gay has caught up to the kind of level that Bolt actually ran last year, so it's a shame he lost time to injury.
              Tyson said he was faster and better this year and yes the injury played a role.
              Here we go again....who said Tyson is on a 9.5 level? Now you wanna speculate what he might have run :roll:

While you're at it, why not try and rip a hole in his 9.71, cuz remember Tyson just a basic 9.84 guy :shock:

Not even the best race of his life...couldn't come near Bolt! 9.71 is only .01 off Asafa's personal best 9.72 secs. Maybe the two can battle out that. They are no where near Bolt's 9.58.

By the way... Bolt spend more time looking around and still ran that time. Rewatch the slowmotion playbacks and look at the facial expressions of T. Gay and Bolt...you will see a stricking contrast. That says it all.

I'm off..to continue watching greatness! Sit back and watch...it's a privilege to be watching this not a right.

Comment

• Has Mo Greene had the GOAT removed from his arm yet :?: If not, when :?: :?: :?:

Comment

• mann...dunno if it's just me but seeing pics with this historic race run on a blue track feels a bit weird....is this the first wr to be run on "colored" track? it just feels weird....maybe 'cos blue is a "cold" color and the regular red/maroon/orange is rather warmer....yea yea....I know I might be nitpicking but at least, I dont think this is half as bad as some of the petty posts on this site... :wink:

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackDaddy

Bolt went from 10.03 to 9.58 in a year and a half. :shock:.....
                    Well, yes and no.... Gotta remember he had never run a 100 before '07, and he ran all of one of them (the 10.03). Given that he was also a 19.75 guy at that point, it's obvious that if he had run a sequence of 100s that year he would have been a sub-10 guy already before last year.

Put another way, he has never run a 60... if he "debuted" with a WR time would it shock anybody at this point?

Comment

• Originally posted by TrainerPhil
                      Originally posted by gh
                      Yes, feel free to call Flojo's 10.49 bogus, because it is.
                      Wow....ok.....

Out of curiosity gh, I thought that would have been off limits. What's the reason behind this allowance?
                      Because it's not attacking Flojo in any way, just her time. We recognize her 10.61 of the next day as the "world record."

Comment

• Originally posted by guruof track
                        Originally posted by DrJay
                        42.8 then teach him to hurdle.
                        I can't say I disagree.
                        I said it before, i'll say it again... if he practices long jump for 6 months 30' is gone... and 10m could fall within 18 months

Comment

• Originally posted by eldrick
                          0.02s for rt & 0.05s for slowing last 10m ( perhaps even an additional 0.01 - 0.02s for 80 - 90m )
                          Mr. "eldrick", Mr. Bolt reached his top speed at approximately 78m into the 9"69 race and was striding at approximately 260cm between steps at that point (4.3 steps/second). Considering it is physiologically unlikely to maintain top end speed for more than 2s, and Mr. Bolt had reached that apex between 50-80m (2"46), he was destined to slow between 80m-90m, and again between 90m and the goal line.

It is my opinion that Mr. Bolt was not going to save an additional 5/100 at the end of the race despite his slow down, nor up to 2/100 between 80m-90m. I believe he ran within himself and slowed down because he couldn't run any faster; he had, by the end of the run, only taken 41½ steps. The antics and show he put on were not likely to have cost him as much as 5/100 at all.
                          Fire Impossible.

Comment

• Did anybody point out earlier that it was exactly a year ago, to the day, that he set his previous WR? That may be another WR in and of itself!

Comment

• In the news

I just want to say how nice it is to watch newscasts; to see Track and Field get coverage in just about all of the newscasts; and to hear no mention at all referring to PEDs.

Comment

• You didn't read all of them :lol:

Comment

Working...
                                X