Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm dumbfounded by the clear accusations he made. Imagine if John Smith said that. :shock:

Comment

• Originally posted by nony
      Originally posted by guruof track
      http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sports/html/20090820T020000-0500_157893_OBS_FRANCIS_BLASTS_JAAA.asp

Stephen Francis own words:

“It doesn’t look good for you to be victimising these athletes while the ones who took the drugs are running around and their coaches and so on being supported by the JAAA," Francis added.

“It is stink all over the world and the JAAA needs to understand that what they
      should be doing is trying to find out how to get the sport in Jamaica drug free.”

Francis can help the JAAA tremendously by putting all his athletes on the hot seats and let them show the world that they are drug free and all the braces worn by the top females are just a mere coincidence of getting fast overnight.

Francis is a bitter man, great coach though.
      Does he have a reason to be bitter?
      on the road

Comment

• I don't see how the bitter comment is relevant either. The man has coached the MOST gold medals in Jamaica in this meet. So why would he be bitter. Seems like a level-headed comment to me. Unless he is just jealous of Glen Mills.

You guys make it seem like his statements are just out-rights lies and have bearings. I think that he hits on some interesting points.

Comment

• Originally posted by Speedfirst
          Originally posted by nony
          Originally posted by guruof track
          http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sports/html/20090820T020000-0500_157893_OBS_FRANCIS_BLASTS_JAAA.asp

Stephen Francis own words:

“It doesn’t look good for you to be victimising these athletes while the ones who took the drugs are running around and their coaches and so on being supported by the JAAA," Francis added.

“It is stink all over the world and the JAAA needs to understand that what they
          should be doing is trying to find out how to get the sport in Jamaica drug free.”

Francis can help the JAAA tremendously by putting all his athletes on the hot seats and let them show the world that they are drug free and all the braces worn by the top females are just a mere coincidence of getting fast overnight.

Francis is a bitter man, great coach though.
          Does he have a reason to be bitter?
          The athletes who took the drugs are not running around, they were caught. The coach can't keep an eye on the athletes he trains 24/7. I'm not sure what he's rambling about. He should know better than to give the haters more ammo. The JAAA has given him some reason to be bitter, but it seems as if he's being a little childish. Just more crab ina barrel mentality, as puffy said the our communities are suffering from a disease called bitchassness.

Comment

• Well, there is a long-standing beef between Francis and JAAA exec Donald Quarrie. I'm not entirely sure how the problem has started, but they don't agree on a lot. Francis has always felt that Quarrie influences the JAAA to make things uncomfortable for him.

Politics of course.

But JAAA is in charge. I don't care how good Francis is, he still has to follow the rules set forth by the JAAA if he wants his athletes to compete. Francis is not bigger than Jamaica, but not matter how logical his reasons may seem to some of you, he needs to get in line. Simple as that.

Comment

• Wow...Franno put the dirty laundry out in the open.

This is a recipe for disaster for JAA.

Once dissention creeps in then people start turning on each other and dropping names and specifics.

That's what happened with Balco.

The tone makes it sound like drugs are a serious problem in the sport in JA.

Let's all hope this isnt true especially after all the success they've had the last two years.
              The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

• nony, I understand that, but in fairness to Francis comments with respect to cleaning up the sport in Jamaica, that woudn't have anything to do with being bitter.
                on the road

Comment

• TrainerPhil, are you suggesting his comments base no merits.

Comment

• this thread has become pointless; so much so that it's beyond salvage. Fini.

Comment

Working...
                    X