This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

actually

considering wind, rt & messing about in peking finish, i think this 9.58 was fractionally inferior to that by 0.01 - 0.02s

Comment

Originally posted by TrainerPhil
      Gay, bless your heart because you are a great sprinter. But you are not in Bolt's class.
      I think he's in the same class. He just ran .02 off the previous WR.

But congrats to Usain Bolt though because he's changed the game forever maybe.

There has to be a limit on how fast a human can go.

How far are we from that point?
      The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

Originally posted by JWiz
        Now let's debate who has the best top end.
        There's no debate, and if anyone thinks there is they are deaf, dumb and blind.

Comment

Originally posted by DrJay
          42.8 then teach him to hurdle.
          I can't say I disagree.

Comment

Not me....I knew this track was WR ready......

Nothing against Gay....the man just ran the 3rd fastest EVER.........but he is running in the wrong era...

Gay just said in the interview that he is upset because he knew he could run as fast as Bolt, it just didn't come together for him............

Gay, bless your heart because you are a great sprinter. But you are not in Bolt's class.
            TrainerPhil all due respect,...why single out Tyson? Those other 6 runners in the race, not in Bolt's class either, or in Tyson's.
            on the road

Comment

I screamed so loud in my family room that I awoke my son in his room -- far around the horseshoe bend of our house.

Now for the benefit of my idiot boomer friends: How fast did UB run the 100-yard dash today? Convert to hand time for old time's sake.

8.7? 8.6?

Also, 9.58 is only a tenth off the ultimate 100 time forecast in this story:
              http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 082831.htm

Denny predicts that male 100·m sprinters could one day get the record down to an incredible 9.48s, running 0.23m/s faster than Usain Bolt's current world record of 9.69·s.
              Also:
              http://www.sportsscientists.com/2008/12 ... ber-1.html

He predicts that the 100m world record for men will one day peak at 9.48 seconds. That's perhaps 2, maybe 3 generations away (given the assumption that each generation might take 0.07 to 0.10 seconds off it - that's off course open to change). It therefore agrees with the French study, suggesting a limit by 2030, or thereabouts.
              Also 9.44 was seen as ultimate -- BEFORE 9.69:
              http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2008/ ... is-freaky/

"With this new data, [the predicted fastest 100-meter time] would probably go down a little bit," said Reza Noubary, a mathematician at Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania and author of a textbook on statistics and sports. He had previously calculated an "ultimate record" of 9.44 seconds for the 100 meter.
              Me? I won't be happy till I see sub-9.

K E N
              K E N

Comment

Originally posted by tm71
                it is insane to run 9.71 (0.08 faster than maurice greene ever did) and lose by 5 feet ! i am surprised at the time, initially i thought it was 9.68 when it flashed, but my eyes must have been playing tricks on me !!!
                The 5 feet = 2 big steps: 1 out the blocks + 1 out of drive. Tyson was matching top end.

Comment

Originally posted by croflash
                  HOLY ****

And who said the track was slow ? :lol:
                  It is! Bolt has been arrested by German police for breaking the speed limit!

Comment

Originally posted by JRM
                    Not me....I knew this track was WR ready......

Nothing against Gay....the man just ran the 3rd fastest EVER.........but he is running in the wrong era...

Gay just said in the interview that he is upset because he knew he could run as fast as Bolt, it just didn't come together for him............

Tyson Gay just showed that he is the second best sprinter of all time. How does that put him in "the wrong era"? I don't understand your point.
                    Easy. He is the second fastest sprinter of all time and he can't win Gold. How tough it most be for him to be as good as he is......historically good in fact......and not be the best right now....

Comment

Biggest breaking of the WR in the 100 in the auto-timing era!

Before that, you can go back to Bob Hayes's 10.06 in the '64 OG. At that time the WR was 10.0 hand, and the first of the 10.0s was Armin Hary's 10.0 in 1960. The auto on Hary's mark was 10.25, which means Hayes's improvement was 0.19, although there might (slim chance on "might") have been better marks if they had been auto-timed.

Bolt has now bettered the pre-Bolt record by 0.19, the same amount as Hayes's improvement.

Comment

OMFG!!!!!!!!!

HAIL THEATHEIST LOL WOWWWWWWW

9.58, JUST SEEING IT ON THE SCREEN WAS TOO MUCH. LIVING LEGEND.

TYSON GAY, WOW 9.71!!! GIVE TYSON HIS PROPS WOW, AND I'M HAPPY WITH POWELL, FOR ONCE, BUT LMAO 9.58

SUB 19 200?

Comment

I'll never take anything from this performance.

Bolt made history in 2 ways (WR & 1st jamaican male to win a WC)
                          Gay ran with an injury to his PB
                          Powell showed the world a new side to him he ran the whole race and this could maybe lead to him eventually getting that monkey off his back.

BUT I wonder what the time would be on a track like Beijing....LOL

Comment

Originally posted by pherekydes
                            It is! Bolt has been arrested by German police for breaking the speed limit!
                            How fitting that the autobahn runs through the same country.
                            Fire Impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by lar
                              I want to cry...my browser crashed JUST before the race started...then lost internet connection...then everythin started workin as soon as the race was done.... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
                              Don't worry. You didn't miss much*.

*Just 9.58 seconds of stuff.

Comment

did you see the side view Bolt kept pulling away, the whole way,

Comment

Working...
                                X