X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Speedfirst
    Originally posted by TrainerPhil
    Not me....I knew this track was WR ready......

Nothing against Gay....the man just ran the 3rd fastest EVER.........but he is running in the wrong era...

Gay just said in the interview that he is upset because he knew he could run as fast as Bolt, it just didn't come together for him............

Gay, bless your heart because you are a great sprinter. But you are not in Bolt's class.
    TrainerPhil all due respect,...why single out Tyson? Those other 6 runners in the race, not in Bolt's class either, or in Tyson's.
    Because it was a "Showdown" and his 9.71 didn't get the recognition it should.
    Afrikan

Comment

Originally posted by CunnySewer
      Originally posted by tm71
      it is insane to run 9.71 (0.08 faster than maurice greene ever did) and lose by 5 feet ! i am surprised at the time, initially i thought it was 9.68 when it flashed, but my eyes must have been playing tricks on me !!!
      The 5 feet = 2 big steps: 1 out the blocks + 1 out of drive. Tyson was matching top end.
      this is the dumbest post how tha heck u can deduce that????

Comment

as mentioned, tyson had a groin injury which apparently curtailed his build up

you have to figure without that he mighta got down to 9.65 - 9.67 today

still a convincing loss but more realistic of difference

Comment

Originally posted by eldrick
          actually

considering wind, rt & messing about in peking finish, i think this 9.58 was fractionally inferior to that by 0.01 - 0.02s
          Mr. "eldrick", you stand alone in the cold on this one.
          Fire Impossible.

Comment

Well done to Gay, i said he could only do 9.76 but he proved me wrong!!
            He came out just as strong as powell, so it was from there i realized he was going to get a about 9.74. but 9.71 is amazing!

Powell i am glad and disapointed at the same time, his mid race very stiff, he should have silvered, but i like how he fought. He let up but he could not catch gay at the end.

I know Powell will try to break this record after champs, but its gonna be very hard. :lol:

edit: Powell injured himself after the semis, so he did ok.

Comment

Originally posted by DrJay
              42.8 then teach him to hurdle.
              He'll never run 42.8 for the 400m Hurdles. :twisted:

Maybe Tyson should try the 800m?

Comment

Originally posted by eldrick
                as mentioned, tyson had a groin injury which apparently curtailed his build up

you have to figure without that he mighta got down to 9.65 - 9.67 today

still a convincing loss but more realistic of difference
                *cough* exuse *cough*

Comment

Originally posted by pherekydes
                  42.8 then teach him to hurdle.
                  He'll never run 42.8 for the 400m Hurdles. :twisted:

Maybe Tyson should try the 800m?
                  He meant 42.8 in the 400 and THEN move on to hurdles.

Comment

19.19??
                    Maybe 19.0x, or even 18.9x! Tyson will make it a much closer race.

Comment

• Originally posted by rasb
                      Wow !!!!! In advance...
                      Yep.

Comment

• Gay gets singled out because some of you were saying he is the man to beat Bolt. Some of us have been saying that Gay really doesn't have a chance but you guys just chalked it up to us being disrespectful or failing to acknowledge how good Gay or the others are.

But I think you are seeing what some of us have been trying to explain. That Bolt is in a different class. From Gay. From the others. Bolt was always going to win this thing and the healthiest of Gay wouldn't have beaten him today. He is simply the best sprinter right now. And pick an era, any era.......... you can't compare times from eras but, Bolt is furthet away from the second best runner in the world than any of the great sprinters in history. Some of us can recognize this, which is why we were so comfortable predicting a WR and a win by a rather large margin.

And the margin is going to be bigger in the 200m.

Comment

• I guess Tyson quiets all this he is a basic 9.84 guy, his American was questioned prior to today. Asafa would get him in the finals, because Asafa let up in the semi :roll:
                          on the road

Comment

• It is! Bolt has been arrested by German police for breaking the speed limit! //

i thought the autobahn had no speed limit lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Haskell45
                              I know Powell will try to break this record after champs, but its gonna be very hard.
                              Errrr,,,,that would be Sestriere with a flier and +2.0..

Comment

• Originally posted by eldrick
                                actually

considering wind, rt & messing about in peking finish, i think this 9.58 was fractionally inferior to that by 0.01 - 0.02s
                                point being? are you gona give us some conversions to say Bolt is not the fastest ever? :roll: :roll:

Comment

Working...
                                X