This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Weights&Shoes
    Powell showed the world a new side to him he ran the whole race and this could maybe lead to him eventually getting that monkey off his back.
    Mr. Powell's entire pre-race action at the line showed a completely new side to him. He removed his hip number, "6", put it over his mouth whilst the camera was rolling during the line-up announcements. Mr. Powell and Mr. Bolt shook hands in a jovial way before they removed their warm-ups. Mr. Powell was definitely more relaxed and loose than I have seen him, in person or on television.
    Fire Impossible.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3
      Originally posted by eldrick
      actually

considering wind, rt & messing about in peking finish, i think this 9.58 was fractionally inferior to that by 0.01 - 0.02s
      Mr. "eldrick", you stand alone in the cold on this one.
      No he's not.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldrick
        you have to figure without that he mighta got down to 9.65 - 9.67 today
        ...and still be a world's away from winning a major race for the next ~8yrs.

Comment

• Originally posted by guruof track
          I don't see ANYONE beating Bolt. Count me down as a believer. That was un-fucking-real. He SMASHED the WR by .11...............No way Tyson was ready to run that healthy or otherwise.

Seriously this dud might run 9.3 before its over.
          thats what i was thinking, 2012 +2.0 lol?

Comment

• Originally posted by 3
            actually

considering wind, rt & messing about in peking finish, i think this 9.58 was fractionally inferior to that by 0.01 - 0.02s
            do the numbercrunching...

Comment

• Bolt is good.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3
                actually

9.69 (0.0) = 9.69s
                9.58 (0.9) = 9.62s

It all depends what you think he "actually" ran in Beijing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fortis4Eva
                  Originally posted by CunnySewer
                  The 5 feet = 2 big steps: 1 out the blocks + 1 out of drive. Tyson was matching top end.
                  this is the dumbest post how tha heck u can deduce that????
                  I should clarify, I think it's insane that a man that big can have such a fast reaction time and bounce coming out the blocks. His bounce out the blocks and transition from drive to full out was superb -the best I've seen. Tyson's top end however was on par, at least for the 100m.

Comment

• Lightning strikes thrice!!! can he make it 4 times?

9.58!!!! Just appreciate that everyone. :shock: 8-)

Congrats to Gay 9.71!!! AR a great USA champion.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrainerPhil
                      Gay gets singled out because some of you were saying he is the man to beat Bolt. Some of us have been saying that Gay really doesn't have a chance but you guys just chalked it up to us being disrespectful or failing to acknowledge how good Gay or the others are.

But I think you are seeing what some of us have been trying to explain. That Bolt is in a different class. From Gay. From the others. Bolt was always going to win this thing and the healthiest of Gay wouldn't have beaten him today. He is simply the best sprinter right now. And pick an era, any era.......... you can't compare times from eras but, Bolt is furthet away from the second best runner in the world than any of the great sprinters in history. Some of us can recognize this, which is why we were so comfortable predicting a WR and a win by a rather large margin.

And the margin is going to be bigger in the 200m.
                      We said Tyson could win, not would win, difference. I don't have a problem with you singling out Tyson, just wanted to know why. Tyson stated what he did in his interview and he stands by his statement.

There were more people doubting Tyson even being able to finish the race, let alone run the 3rd fastest time ever, or 2nd fastest non Bolt time. If that means singling Tyson out, that's cool.
                      on the road

Comment

• Powell was looser than ever...and still got his butt handed to him.

9.84 on that racetrack?

Comment

• Originally posted by eldrick
                          do the numbercrunching...
                          Mr. "eldrick", why not...
                          Fire Impossible.

Comment

• Originally posted by CunnySewer
                            Originally posted by Fortis4Eva
                            Originally posted by CunnySewer
                            The 5 feet = 2 big steps: 1 out the blocks + 1 out of drive. Tyson was matching top end.
                            this is the dumbest post how tha heck u can deduce that????
                            I should clarify, I think it's insane that a man that big can have such a fast reaction time and bounce coming out the blocks. His bounce out the blocks and transition from drive to full out was superb -the best I've seen. Tyson's top end however was on par, at least for the 100m.
                            thanks for the clarification

Comment

• Originally posted by gm
                              Powell was looser than ever...and still got his butt handed to him.

9.84 on that racetrack?
                              :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Comment

• Eldy, don't be silly. You forgot to factor in that he didn't have a BM before the race today.
                                Hey, I was the first to say WOW !
                                How did the German police catch him to arrest him?
                                What were the all-time best times / place in the Final?

Comment

Working...
                                X