• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BASIC

Originally posted by jpaule
    Originally posted by RamGoat
    This is the adjusted times thread..

I have posted a link to the T&F news adjusted times list.

Men
    http://www.trackandfieldnews.com/archiv ... justed.pdf

Women
    http://www.trackandfieldnews.com/archiv ... justed.pdf

Lists are on this page: http://www.trackandfieldnews.com/archive/
    Whoever compiled the "basics" adjustments didn't calculate the adjustments that now need to be made for Global Warming. Therefore all lists are invalid :lol: :lol:
    Doesn't everyone see how absurd this topic is? A WR is a WR until someone breaks it.
    Exactly
    on the road

Comment

Well Ask Track and field news that..

Eldrick is also saying they forgot to put in "Groin Injury adjustment too" :lol:
      (yeah right)

But still I am one of the basic WIND AND ALTITUDE ADJUSTMENT followers. because it makes sense.

It seems consistent with Usain's 9.58 +0.9 = 9.62 (Vs 9.65 Beijing) and his 19.19 - 0.3. =19.17 (Vs 19.23 Beijing).

It has proven consistent all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by eldrick
        i'm afraid your analytical skills are nowhere in the league of the above poster

i suggest you read it 1/2 dozen times to see what a "proper" analysis of the situation was

as for your prediction of tyson's basic, it is fundamentally flawed as he was running with a significant groin injury

reappraise that in that light & try again

:lol: I don't know whether to laugh or cry at your posts.

That wasn't an analysis. That was speculation. You can only analyze DATA. You get me? Substance.

Comment

your comprehension skills are negligible

he watched & digested the race & then analysed it - superbly

did they not teach you at school analysis can be done on any body of work let alone data ?!

read it & learn what top level critique is

Comment

Eldrick is also saying they forgot to put in "Groin Injury adjustment too" :lol:
            (yeah right)
            eh ?

you think he made up his groin strain ?

you think he passed up 2 or 3, $50k paydays on the circuit in the past 6 weeks because of some "imaginery" injury ?

once you find some sense, what time do you suppose a fully fit tyson wouda run at worst here ?

Comment

as for your prediction of tyson's basic, it is fundamentally flawed as he was running with a significant groin injury
              Hang on, are you now including injuries in your basic calculation? Even though there is no way you can know how much an injury may or may not be affecting a particular run. Usain Bolt may have been running on a stress fracture for all we know, he just didn't want to let on cause that's the kind of guy he is, no excuses. That would make him a 9.2 basic man!

Comment

eh ?

all i said was he wouda run ~ 9.74 basic, flat-out, in rome en-route to peaking in berlin

he ran 9.76-basic flat-out in berlin with a groin-injury

groin injury factor is upto everyone's individual decision

the best approximation i have is to find tyson's last 40m in berlin ( not basic - with +0.9 )

double it & add 3 for his slowest likely actual berlin clocking ( with +0.9 ) uninjured

Comment

I just wanted to clear that up because it sounded from your above post that injuries needed to be factored into a basic calculation.

I thought the basic calculation was about adjusting for wind and altitude not injuries, lack of training or simply not running flat out. In which case if you are going to factor all of these things in then you might as well call it what it is, which is pure speculation.

Comment

i looked up tyson's last 40m in berlin :

1.63 + 1.69

his groin affected his start more than the finish

i'd go with an injury-free tyson, peaking from rome to berlin wouda run no slower against bolt's 9.58 than

Comment

1.63 + 1.69

i'd go with an injury-free tyson, peaking from rome to berlin wouda run no slower against bolt's 9.58 than

How did you know his groin was affecting him.

Tyson Gay said it wouldn't affect him running. It was only a slight pain after the races.

Comment

1.63 + 1.69

How did you know his groin was affecting him.

Tyson Gay said it wouldn't affect him running. It was only a slight pain after the races.
                        Actually Tyson said it himself after the race, his groin was extremely painful, swollen and was just hanging on.

Comment

I was talking of what he said after Rome. Which is in many articles.

For Berlin now, of course he destroyed himself AFTER running 9.71.. :lol:
                          OBVIOUS
                          The guy looked like his head was going to explode during the race. He was definitely pushing it.

poor man had to pull out of the 200m to spare embarrassment.

Comment

you clearly don't observe properly

in the prelims here he was getting awful starts, not willing to push hard out of the blocks, wanting to save his 1 good possible start for the final & he still didn't get the best of starts exemplified by mismatch of his splits 6.39/3.32

initial is that of a 9.78 runner, latter is that of a 9.64 guy

Comment

Come on now.. Tyson gay is a human being.. he can't run no 9.64 basic.. Remember Bolt ran 9.69 which every thought was impossible and suspect.. now you are coming with gay running 9.64?!! That is 0.12 seconds of his basic 9.76.

I mean Bolt has an excuse.. he is a freak of nature.. but what more do you want from Gay? More turnover? more ground reaction force?

When I made the bet with you I said Gay has the whole year to prove to me that he can go faster.. so he still has the rest of the year to prove me wrong.

Not even a 9.75 or a 9.73.... but 9.64!!!!

You have to tell me how Gay can achieve this 9.64 BASIC.. legally.

Comment

learn to read

i said 9.64 in berlin race, which means with aid of +0.9

nothing about basic

Comment

Working...
                                X