Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bolt's 20-meter breakdowns

one hopes this is proper high-speed analysis, not computer-generated stuff off slow video, which shouldn't be shown to 100ths.

http://berlin.iaaf.org/mm/document/comp ... _13529.pdf

Interesting that Bolt and Thompson were nearly identical to 20m, and Thompson was with Gay until 40m.

Comment

like i said before, not one part of gays race is better than bolts.

I also think a top form asafa running his best race is at least a tenth faster over 60m. If asafa hits low 6.3 for first 60m it would be a very close race between him and gay.

Comment

Originally posted by Light Horse
        Interesting that Bolt and Thompson were nearly identical to 20m, and Thompson was with Gay until 40m.
        thompson got a 0.119 reaction though, but he has got an amazing first 40-60m. Beijing he had an amazing 40-60m.

I think if he gets an injury free season, and gets down to low 9.8's we will see some very quick first 60m's from him.

Comment

Is Patton injured? He got totally left for dead from the start looking at those numbers. At 40m it's all over for him. Did the 9.98 semi final take all he had to qualify?

Comment

Tyson Gay equaled 60 m indoor record with 6.39 and Bolt smashed it with 6.31!

Comment

My impression from watching the race was that Gay lost very little ground on Bolt from the 60 meter point to the finish. The splits show it a bit differently. Apparently the lead grew by 0.05 in that segment, which is around two feet...
              Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Originally posted by persan
                Interesting that in Beijing he was 6.32 to 60m, with 0.0w. Yesterday he was 6.31 to 60m with 0.9w. Was Beijing an intrinsically better race?

Source: http://speedendurance.com/2008/08/22/us ... endurance/

Comment

Originally posted by dakota
                  Is Patton injured? He got totally left for dead from the start looking at those numbers. At 40m it's all over for him. Did the 9.98 semi final take all he had to qualify?
                  He said it was a cramp and his race was over from there.

Comment

Originally posted by Light Horse
                    Originally posted by persan
                    Interesting that in Beijing he was 6.32 to 60m, with 0.0w. Yesterday he was 6.31 to 60m with 0.9w. Was Beijing an intrinsically better race?

Source: http://speedendurance.com/2008/08/22/us ... endurance/
                    In the press conference Bolt said he is not in Beijing Shape yet.

What we are seeing here.. is a Bolt that is better trained than last year but not a Bolt that is necessarily stronger than last year. That is the only explanation that I can see.

Comment

Another weird thing I noticed: in the semis, it looked like Bolt held back a little at the start after the earlier false start and didn't get out too fast, but this says his 20m split there was exactly the same as in the final. I'm a bit skeptical about this.
                      Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Mr. Bolt appears to have had a 60-80m split of 1.61s, or .805/10m, another *first* in history if evenly distributed.

Mr. Bolt sped up between 30-60m at .84/10m, and appears to have run with a .83/10m clip the final 20m, though not likely evenly distributed; he split .83/10m in Beijing between 80-90m as well. Mr. Bolt's final 20m appears to have only been 3/100 faster in differential (5/100 compared to 8/100) between 60m-80m in the final compared to the semi-final, where he didn't run through the line and had a noticeable comfort zone.
                        Fire Impossible.

Comment

From the splits I think Gay's top end speed is his strength..

Notice that his 0-60m time was not better than what Asafa set before.. but look at his end of race time. He made up for that.

Also interesting is that he continued to loose time as the Race continued up to 100m.. the Gap diverged. Bolt's Top speed was just too high..

THis is good but I would prefer 10m splits.

Comment

I'm trying not to do numbers today and I'm not very good with them anyway, but..

Bolt was pulling away from Gay with every stride from 20m until the finish.

I know that's impossible to say with 100% certainty from these splits "every stride" being the bottleneck, but would you stattos say that it's a probability based on that data?

Comment

Might there be a 0.79 segment in there? Not necessarily at a 10m interval but rather five metres either side of wherever he hit maximum during that 1.61 20m split?

What leaps out at me is for both Bolt and Gay the 40-60 and 80-100 segments of their race yielded similar splits. Is that normal?

Surprised Chambers only runs 6.50 with a +0.9 after 6.42 indoors.

It's interesting looking at how Bolt pretty much executed every section of the race the best. Is Gay at his limit or does this suggest with perfect technical precision he could match Bolt's splits? It's not like there's one segment where Bolt did something that was other worldly compared to Gay, which Gay could never possibly match over 20m. It's just the accretion of all of it that creates a 0.13 margin.

I do think Bolt had a slightly better first 60m in Beijing, all things considered, if these numbers are right. 6.39 from Gay over 60m puts to bed any talk about him having a poor start.

Comment

Working...
                              X