Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is next for Asafa?

I have always been a great fan of Asafa, but what is next for him?

World record hopes are gone, even a PB will be difficult. Is there anything besides running sub10 all the time he can achieve in the next few years?

Re: What is next for Asafa?

Originally posted by Hano

World record hopes are gone, even a PB will be difficult. Is there anything besides running sub10 all the time he can achieve in the next few years?
    Lots of cash on the circuit, a job that allows him to see the world and do what he loves to do, World Relay records, a bunch of medals....just a few.

What does everyone else do? I mean, if you're 20 years old and training to be a sprinter.....surely you're going to change event? Lemaitre should go and learn how to hurdle.

Comment

Like every other 100m sprinter in the world, he will continue to strive to improve his personal best in the event until his legs calls it quits.

Comment

If all else fails, I guess he could just go home to his wife. :wink:

Comment

Re: What is next for Asafa?

Originally posted by Hano
          I hope that he no longer puts the pressure of regaining the WR on himself, and just goes out there to run for the fun of it. I want to see him running relaxed. There is no shame in silver or bronze; it's how you run that makes the difference. Many athletes have gone through entire careers without a medal of any colour, and Asafa still does not have an Olympic individual medal, which he can still achieve in 2012.

9.58 by UB, putting the record (IMHO) out of reach of Asafa may have been the very best thing that could have happened for Asafa. Even though he was more relaxed than previous finals he still wasn't fully relaxed in the race and shortened his drive phase by four steps. He just needs to run for the fun, the results will come. Go out and have fun Asafa.
          Regards,
          toyracer

Comment

WR are a part of Asafa Powell; I think he will strive to get 100 sub tens now. :wink:

It's funny how he said he is going to go out on the circuit and see how close he can come to the 9.5x when asked if he think the WR is reachable. I was glad to hear that.

Comment

Working...
            X