Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ¶'09 w400: Sanya Richards (US) 49.00 WL

I guess get a good idea if Richards is going to win at the start. In Beijing she looked absolutely terrified - a rabbit in the headlights. If we see the same again, then she's had it.

Hopefully Sanya can put it all together today and finally win that precious major title.

Comment

Originally posted by The Captain
      I guess get a good idea if Richards is going to win at the start. In Beijing she looked absolutely terrified - a rabbit in the headlights. If we see the same again, then she's had it.
      With a lead big enough to have run under 49.00 in the semis, and a rest day, I don't think she has any excuse this time. Once more, she's run 49.27 on this track (2007).

She need only to tell herself one thing: This is just another GL meet! The other girls are going to kill themselves trying to match that time, if they're not ready. If she finds herself behind at the final stretch, she can run them down.

In one hour, this is going to end one of 2 ways: Either Sanya blows them all away big-time, or another case of nerves causes a big cramp and she ends up off the medal platform. Something like this happened to Suzy in the 2000 Olympic 1,500, although it wasn't a cramp that sent her to the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by CookyMonzta
        Originally posted by The Captain

Something like this happened to Suzy in the 2000 Olympic 1,500, although it wasn't a cramp that sent her to the ground.
        I remember that...she just stepped off the track and stopped running...

Comment

I wan Sanya to win but I'm not 100% confident

I think Sherika or the Russian will win.

Comment

About to start...

Comment

As Michael Johnson always said, " Lets settle it on the track!"

Comment

Here we gooooooooooo!

Comment

here we go...

Comment

After 4 months of long and winding arguments on this board, finally we'll have an answer!

Comment

I'm really nervous! Go Christine!
                      http://twitter.com/Trackside2011

Comment

YES!!!!!!

Comment

Sanya haters!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

SANYA RICHARDS IS A WORLD CHAMPION!

Comment

I became Sanya's detractor in part because I thought she didn't have the toughness and mental fortitude to be a champion, although she has always been a great talent. I just didn't think she'd be able to put it all together the big day. She did it wonderfully and I was absolutely wrong.

Redemption for Sanya Richards today

Congratulations to the new World champion, a magnificent athlete. She earned it, meter by meter. Congratulations to her fans too.

Comment

Working...
                              X