Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

¶'09 w400: Sanya Richards (US) 49.00 WL

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I did not watch this (or check the outcome) until I got home from work. My son was making fun of me because I was talking to the screen. Sanya's struggles in championships really made me want to cheer her on this time. I almost fell out of the chair when I heard the TrackDaddy shout out however.

    Comment


    • Great race by Sanya.

      It was a joy to watch her pull away in the beginning of the stretch and bring it home.

      Other than Bolt and the Canadian Hurdlers, this has been the most satisfying race for me since I love the 400 the most.

      Bravo Sanya....and TrackDaddy your connection is so cool I can't even pretend to be jealous

      Comment


      • Ran a mirror of her semi. (Though with slightly heavy feet :lol: )

        Beat her like a drum.

        Comment


        • Thanks everybody!

          I must admit, I was stunned too when she said "that was for you, TrackDaddy."

          Made my knees weak and my head swell. ops:

          I've watched the race and the interview 5 times.

          And mojo... uh...we can arrange that TrackMommy thing without getting married. 8-)
          The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

          Comment


          • Originally posted by TrackDaddy
            I must admit, I was stunned too when she said "that was for you, TrackDaddy."
            I just watched this on Versus, and when she said that, I thought, "No way!" But now I see it's true. You da man, TD, congrats to your TrackDaughter and you!!!! So cool.

            Comment


            • I think Sherika or the Russian will win//

              YEAH RIGHT ! THEY GOT A GOOD LOOK AT SANYA'S BACK !
              I can't believe that many here and in the media made her look like a big meet failure. She is ONLY 24 years old and has won a wolrds gold and silver, an olympic bronze and a few relay golds. I say that is successful and like boldon said she will dominate the event for a few more years !

              Comment


              • track daddy getting shouts out on the broadcast.

                Comment


                • One question for TrackDaddy....are you a lock to get her wedding invitation?

                  Good story by the way.

                  I have a friend who knows her sister. I have asked for a signed autograph last year but I believe my friend forgot to ask her about it, I will remind him now that she won the title.


                  One Love!
                  One Love!!!

                  Comment


                  • I just got home to watch the replay. Did anyone notice Sanya shut it down with about 4 to 5 meters to go? That could have been 48.98.

                    Like I said before, I can't wait for Zürich. If Allyson breaks 22.00 this weekend, win or lose, they'd better leave a lane open for her in the 400. I want to see fireworks unlike anything that has been seen since the 1982 Euro Champs and 1996 Olympics. Anyone here know the 200 splits for Koch (48.16) and Kratochvílová (48.85), and Pérec (48.25) and Freeman (48.63)?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by CookyMonzta
                      I just got home to watch the replay. Did anyone notice Sanya shut it down with about 4 to 5 meters to go? That could have been 48.98.
                      more like the last 2-3 meters. But I think she may have over conserved her energy on the back straight. It seems like instead of running her own race, she just picked up on Williams and just followed her up until 200m. I think she could have gone much harder without loosing it on the home straight.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by tm71
                        I think Sherika or the Russian will win//

                        YEAH RIGHT ! THEY GOT A GOOD LOOK AT SANYA'S BACK !
                        I can't believe that many here and in the media made her look like a big meet failure. She is ONLY 24 years old and has won a wolrds gold and silver, an olympic bronze and a few relay golds. I say that is successful and like boldon said she will dominate the event for a few more years !
                        Go outside and catch some air....

                        You can't fault someone (in this case me) for making that prediction, she just me up and I gave her ultimate kudos she deserves it all.


                        I got to go back and watch that 2003 WC Final, Ana ran a great time and THOSE conditions in Paris were terrible.

                        Comment


                        • Heartwarming story TD, and well done to Sanya.

                          Comment


                          • anybody got a link to the video where she gives TD a shoutout? thanks.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by onlooker
                              One question for TrackDaddy....are you a lock to get her wedding invitation?

                              Good story by the way.

                              I have a friend who knows her sister. I have asked for a signed autograph last year but I believe my friend forgot to ask her about it, I will remind him now that she won the title.


                              One Love!
                              onlooker

                              Yes, I will get a wedding invitation. But I believe I will be one of about a thousand people.

                              This is a picture of Sanya's dad, Sanya and I (wearing an autographed shirt 8-) ) at the Olympic trials last year.

                              Man...you have no idea how nervous I was in this picture. ops:

                              The arm I was hugging her with was shaking. :lol:



                              This is a picture from the trials village in Eugene where I caught up with her on the move... :twisted: :lol:

                              The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

                              Comment


                              • Some of what you were referring to, scott.

                                Oh the memories...
                                The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X