• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gleason
    replied
    Originally posted by feltdog70
    Originally posted by Gleason
    Originally posted by lexvid
    I`m not a fan like Track Daddy (who can be, I`m jealous!) but Sanya winning in Berlin and running the fastest relay split showed me a lot.
    I think she is poised for bigger and better leading up to 2012. This assumes she can stay relatively injury free, has no major disease flare-ups, and doesn`t lose much time on the track by having 2 or more kids right now.
    The World is hers and she will be in her prime come 2012. The Gold is hers to lose although much can happen in 3 years.
    I`ll just sit back and watch her do some fun things on the track between now and London 2012.
    I agree, BUT Felix is at least as talented. I hope that WCh 2011 still allows 400/200 by women. IF Felix had run 400 @ USAT&F, she MIGHT have won both at Berlin.
    HUH? I love AF as a runner, but I don't think that she would have won both back then... Maybe in the future, when she's better prepared for rounds....
    The above may be accurate. AF had nothing to lose by running 400 at USAT&F. She wasn't running 100s and was undefeated at 400 before USAT&F. I hope that she runs 400 at USAT&F in 2010 or 2011.

Leave a comment:

• Speedfirst
    replied
    I`m not a fan like Track Daddy (who can be, I`m jealous!) but Sanya winning in Berlin and running the fastest relay split showed me a lot.
    I think she is poised for bigger and better leading up to 2012. This assumes she can stay relatively injury free, has no major disease flare-ups, and doesn`t lose much time on the track by having 2 or more kids right now.
    The World is hers and she will be in her prime come 2012. The Gold is hers to lose although much can happen in 3 years.
    I`ll just sit back and watch her do some fun things on the track between now and London 2012.
    I agree, BUT Felix is at least as talented. I hope that WCh 2011 still allows 400/200 by women. IF Felix had run 400 @ USAT&F, she MIGHT have won both at Berlin.
    HUH? I love AF as a runner, but I don't think that she would have won both back then... Maybe in the future, when she's better prepared for rounds....
    Felt back then was this summer, I do think if Allyson had that as an agenda, Bobby would have her prepared for both.

Leave a comment:

• feltdog70
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Gleason
    replied
    Originally posted by TrackDaddy
    :lol:
    10.97/22.17/48.70
    That dog will hunt.
    Because of these PRs, I think that her 23.50 200 split at Berlin was perfect. Her 23.6 at Beijing was also perfect, BUT those "leggings" cost her the OG win IMHO.

I'm sorry for this late comment, but other duties interfered.

Leave a comment:

• Gleason
    replied

Leave a comment:

• guruof track
    replied
    Imagine the pressure on MJ and Timmy Mo's kid. ops:

Leave a comment:

• 502CD
    replied
    I might turn agent and sign this kid early.
    No pressure on their kid. Kind of like Steffi Graf and Agassi's kids. They don't have much to live up to.

Leave a comment:

• TrackDaddy
    replied
    Well considering her fiance is an NFL cornerback :shock: and she's one of the fastest women in the world :shock: ...

I might turn agent and sign this kid early.

Leave a comment:

• SQUACKEE
    replied
    Yeah, I meant London. ops:

Thanks jc
    I think the idea of Sanya procreating has destroyed trackdaddy's abilty to think. 8-)

Leave a comment:

• TrackDaddy
    replied
    Yeah, I meant London. ops:

Thanks jc

Leave a comment:

• jazzcyclist
    replied
    She gets married next year and I know Ross wants a family. I've heard Sanya say in interviews that she's trying to talk him into waiting until after Berlin.
    Do you mean London? If I were a female athlete who didn't want to wait until retirement to start a family, I would have kids in the non-championship years such as 2010, 2014, 2018, etc. So if Sanya isn't going to start a family next year, she needs to convince Aaron to hold off until 2014 if she is to surpass Perec.

Leave a comment:

• TrackDaddy
    replied
    :lol:

10.97/22.17/48.70

That dog will hunt.

Leave a comment:

• guruof track
    replied
    Originally posted by guruof track
    Sanya's PR is still slower than the HSR, right? Unless I'm missing something here. It's not shabby by any standards, but the 200 is JUST now returning to its glory days.

Sanya is a VERY great talent, but she is not in the top 5 200 runners in the world right now. There are 2 people in the states better, and possibly 4 peopl in Jamaica.

I understand Sanya main event is the 400, but you using that as an excuse as to why she hasn't run faster. But if she ran a 21.6 tomorrow, you would 'inspite of running the 400'. You can't have it both ways, well I guess you can, but it makes people take you less serious.
    I don't know of 7 people worldwide who are faster than Sanya over 200 meters. Maybe 2-3 tops. Felix, Brown, and maybe the bahamian lady. Sanya can probably run just as fast as the rest of them. However, I personally feel that Felix has more potential as a 200/400 runner than Sanya. This is mainly because I'm a Felix fan...
    U think Sanya is faster than Muna over 200 meters??? Wasn't Sanya's PRs ran in a one off?

I think Sanya would be hardpressed to run with thess ladies after laying it on the line in the rounds.

While Muna was not totally fit this year, after dealing with a nagging injury. Last year was her first injury free season as a pro. No way Sanya can run with Muna over 200.

Leave a comment:

• feltdog70
    replied
    Originally posted by guruof track
    Sanya's PR is still slower than the HSR, right? Unless I'm missing something here. It's not shabby by any standards, but the 200 is JUST now returning to its glory days.

Sanya is a VERY great talent, but she is not in the top 5 200 runners in the world right now. There are 2 people in the states better, and possibly 4 peopl in Jamaica.

I understand Sanya main event is the 400, but you using that as an excuse as to why she hasn't run faster. But if she ran a 21.6 tomorrow, you would 'inspite of running the 400'. You can't have it both ways, well I guess you can, but it makes people take you less serious.
    I don't know of 7 people worldwide who are faster than Sanya over 200 meters. Maybe 2-3 tops. Felix, Brown, and maybe the bahamian lady. Sanya can probably run just as fast as the rest of them. However, I personally feel that Felix has more potential as a 200/400 runner than Sanya. This is mainly because I'm a Felix fan...

Leave a comment:

• feltdog70
    replied
    Originally posted by vip
    It's funny how some posters always preface their post by saying, "I'm a big Sanya fan, but ... "

Well, here goes: I'm a big Sanya fan, but before I put her in the same 200 category as Allyson and VCB, I'd like to see more proof. Not saying she couldn't do it. But, evidence, please.

Also, here's a question: Is Sanya better in the 200 than Allyson is in the 400?

Can't wait for TD's response.
    Heck no....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X