Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'09 WC w4x1: U.S. disaster in heats (surprise!)

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DCSIGMA
    replied
    Originally posted by t_monk
    I can't believe what am hearing....

VCB isnt running in the final because she is not allowed to run anchor I hear.
    HUH?????

Leave a comment:

• Weights&Shoes
    replied
    From NBC's Replay looks like Muna was tripped then injured her Hamstring because of the angle at the same time.

Leave a comment:

• T&F_LA
    replied
    Originally posted by t_monk

Good bye to the WR then? :cry:

Leave a comment:

• T&F_LA
    replied
    Originally posted by JWiz
    Originally posted by jazzcyclist
    I guess the only thing that needs to happen now is for the Jamaican women to DNF in the final to complete the Beijing deja vu.
    Back!!! Get Back Satan!! The power of Christ compels you!!

:wink:
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Leave a comment:

• t_monk
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jazzcyclist
    replied
    Originally posted by texas_speed
    So I'm curious to know why would you take exception to my critique of the race before you've seen it yourself?
    I've seen the race. I'm at the track. I haven't seen multiple replays from different angles.
    Okay.

Leave a comment:

• JWiz
    replied
    I guess the only thing that needs to happen now is for the Jamaican women to DNF in the final to complete the Beijing deja vu.
    Back!!! Get Back Satan!! The power of Christ compels you!!

:wink:

Leave a comment:

• texas_speed
    replied
    So I'm curious to know why would you take exception to my critique of the race before you've seen it yourself?
    I've seen the race. I'm at the track. I haven't seen multiple replays from different angles.

Leave a comment:

• jazzcyclist
    replied

Leave a comment:

• guruof track
    replied
    YOUr right on some accounts. But since Hooker was hurt, Anderson should have sat this one out. If Hooker was ok, then yes let Anderson run in the heats with hooker, still don't like the idea though.

As for Felix, its not like she needs to run 100% all out she can go 85% and qualify for the finals.

As long as we have this idea that we can substitute AS many folks as possible then we will continue to have bad luck.

We need to have some consistency to our relays. PERIOD.

Leave a comment:

• jazzcyclist
    replied
    Originally posted by texas_speed
    One thing that went wrong was Muna didn't give Anderson a stationary target - the dreaded windshield wiper movement.
    I love it when I read these kinds of comments.

Very rarely will you find a stationary target and if you do, I'll show you a person taking the baton who isn't very fast.

The job of the incoming runner is to FIND the outgoing runner's hand. The margin for error can always be improved and having not seen the replay yet, I can't say what I think caused this situation but right now, the most important thing IMO is the health of an injured runner.
    I absolutely feel for Muna and I'm not saying that the bad exchange caused her injury. Obviously the target can't be stationary in a literal sense, since the runners are moving at 20+ m.p.h. However, I think most folks on this board know what I mean by "stationary target", but in case you don't, I'm saying that the outgoing runner is NEVER supposed to reach for the baton, because it makes it that much harder for the incoming runner to find the target. :roll:

P.S. Just in case you didn't know, I'm as big a Muna fan as anyone, so I'm going to always give her the benefit of the doubt. So I'm curious to know why would you take exception to my critique of the race before you've seen it yourself?

Leave a comment:

• jpaule
    replied
    For someone who was pulling hard for the US relay team, I now wish the Jamaican team the best (and their great fans) and hope they do break the world record in the finals. I think we all want to see the 41.37 GDR record broken. All I can say to The Jamaican team is "HAUL ASS"!

Leave a comment:

• klass klown
    replied
    Originally posted by rudawal
    The pewee realy teams that get the batons around so smoothly are able to do so because they are under very little pressure. Threaten any of them before a race and see what happens.
    "Threaten"? lol

These are professionals that are paid very well to do what they do under the pressures of world class competition. It's laughable to say they're cracking under unreasonable expectations.

Leave a comment:

• drbop
    replied
    Let relays choose themselves

Have 4x1 as part of the WC/Oly trials. Let teams choose themselves. The athletes who were truly interested in being on the relay would make it happen.

Leave a comment:

• steveu
    replied
    How many times has Team USA not made 4x1 or 4x4 finals in recent decades because of various problems?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X