Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'09 WC w4x1: U.S. disaster in heats (surprise!)

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul Henry
    replied
    I meant exactly what I siad; "buckled under pressure". The intensity of the situation caused a professional athlete to trip up and aggravate an already delicate hammy. It then resulted her suffering a bad injury. No one can blame Mr. Logan for that (it was in fact said, the girls were practising to avenge Beijing so there was obviously some problem with the execution) I can't see the "bad taste" sentiment in that school of thought is all I'm saying.

Leave a comment:

• texas_speed
    replied
    Originally posted by jazzcyclist
    Ato is saying that Anderson tripped Muna, but I saw no contact. If she did trip her, then it means either Anderson wasn't on the outside of the lane or Muna wasn't on the inside of the lane.
    This is what I thought happened in seeing it from the stadium...which is what I meant in my long post on the previous page about Alex coming into the 3rd leg "wild" rather than more controlled. She seemed as if she was trying to prove she was fast from the looks of it when it was unneeded to get through the rounds....a mistake she could have possibly prevented IMO but a comprehensible one with her trying to make a name for herself on the team being a rookie and all.

Leave a comment:

• t_monk
    replied
    Originally posted by JROCK
    Originally posted by t_monk
    I can't believe what am hearing....

VCB isnt running in the final because she is not allowed to run anchor I hear.
    are u sure,because she did say she is willing to do 2nd or 3rd leg,but not the start.
    They reported it on CVM. I am waiting on seeing he finals before I make any judgements. But apparently it is being said that she was told she cannot run the anchor and as such she walked out on the team. The final apparently is going to be the same as the semi.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by Marlow
    c. this has everything to do with the fact that this line-up has not run together under meet pressure enough.
    Someone asked Mr. Bolt if he was nervous prior to his 200M final. He answered by saying he doesn't have any nerves whatsoever. Wise words.

In order to have alleviated any purported meet pressure for the 4x100M squad, it would have been wise for the teammates to have returned to basics and each aimed at the elbow...usually works under any circumstance, big meet or otherwise. If they miss one exchange, the outgoing sprinter resumes her armswing and picks up the baton on their natural backswing. It's safe, and very effective.

Leave a comment:

• texas_speed
    replied
    [quote=klass klown]
    Originally posted by "texas_speed":3ckr2bj5
    Regardless of how ugly the hand off looked, they got it off and an athlete was INJURED. Injuries happen
    So you're suggesting the injury was unrelated to the awkward body movements she made to get the baton, and would have happened either way.

Umm, ok.[/quote:3ckr2bj5]I'm suggesting that you can't prove it wouldn't have happened with a perfect pass.

Leave a comment:

• Jnathletics
    replied
    Ato is saying that Anderson tripped Muna, but I saw no contact. If she did trip her, then it means either Anderson wasn't on the outside of the lane or Muna wasn't on the inside of the lane.
    He didn't say this on the first replay.? :?

Leave a comment:

• rudawal
    replied
    Originally posted by klass klown
    Originally posted by rudawal
    The pewee realy teams that get the batons around so smoothly are able to do so because they are under very little pressure. Threaten any of them before a race and see what happens.
    "Threaten"? lol

These are professionals that are paid very well to do what they do under the pressures of world class competition. It's laughable to say they're cracking under unreasonable expectations.
    Who said anything about unreasonable expectations? US realy runners are choking, and choking has more to do with fear than with the 'reasonableness' of others' expectations.

Leave a comment:

• DCSIGMA
    replied
    Originally posted by Jnathletics
    Originally posted by Weights&Shoes
    From NBC's Replay looks like Muna was tripped then injured her Hamstring because of the angle at the same time.
    Yeah and once again another stupid comment from the annoucing crew. Ato stated that "Muna tripped herself" :roll: Idiot, who trips themselves? Her leg had to be hit by her teammate to make it run into her other leg at such a severe angle. Learn a few simple traits of running before you open you big fat stupid mouth, ato lewis and crew!!!!
    Did u see the mens 800m qualifying w/nick symmonds...dude tripped himself...and caused a huge collision

Leave a comment:

• texas_speed
    replied
    Originally posted by Paul Henry
    Fast forward 2012 on this board Guru, Texas et. al. in their pre meet analyses will be cursing the shoddy relay technique of their teams and how they hope the execute what they were trained to do
    I never once have been sitting here claiming that we have some superior relay technique...clearly we don't. So what you're saying about 2012 is no different than pre-Berlin or pre-Beijing because I was calling for the same thing then.

My point of contention was your terming of "buckled under pressure." While you tried to make it a clever play on words I deemed it as a slight at a downed athlete. Yes she "buckled" physically but it didn't come off as that's how you initially meant it. If I'm off base there then that's where we're seeing differently on the matter. I just felt in the heat of the moment the injury deserved more "respect" than an opportunity to bash the US relay difficulties.

Leave a comment:

• Paul Henry
    replied
    Ato said not to expect any records in the men's 100m because he is positive the "track is too slow". Ato speaks to earn, and earn's to speak; controversially so.

Leave a comment:

• klass klown
    replied
    From NBC's Replay looks like Muna was tripped then injured her Hamstring because of the angle at the same time.

Yep. Anderson ran up on her big time. That handoff was a disaster from the start.

Leave a comment:

• Jnathletics
    replied
    Yeah and once again another stupid comment from the annoucing crew. Ato stated that "Muna tripped herself" :roll: Idiot, who trips themselves? Her leg had to be hit by her teammate to make it run into her other leg at such a severe angle. Learn a few simple traits of running before you open you big fat stupid mouth, ato lewis and crew!!!!

Leave a comment:

• JROCK
    replied

are u sure,because she did say she is willing to do 2nd or 3rd leg,but not the start.

Leave a comment:

• jazzcyclist
    replied

Leave a comment:

• guruof track
    replied

I foresaw this problem after the 100 meter final. Especially with Franno saying that SAF aint running no curves.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X