Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by J2thaD
    [quoteThompson being a faster guy than Patton. Powell would have really embarrased whoever the U.S. anchor was.

The evidence that Patton is garbage was in the heat when he couldn't even separate from the GB guy.

One Love!
    One Love!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by efua ninsin
      are we still talking about gb and the relay heats, if so how quick we forget beijing and the men 200m finals
      I don't think anyone has forgotten that race. That was the one that started with the US athlete Spearmon being singled out by officials for disqualification due to running out of his lane. This action taken after being declared the second place finisher and being allowed half a victory lap. Turns out he wasn't the only one running out of his lane!

How is what happened to the US relay team yesterday considered fair retribution for what happened to Spearmon and others in Beijing?

Comment

• 2011 is gonna be something once certain runners comes back. If anyone really think the USA is gonna be down and never win, never break records, never dominate for a long period of time, you will be in for a rude awaking. I remember when Canada was dominating, everyone though the USA reign was dead and gone and long and behold...well we know the rest.

I'm glad that I'm from Canada, because if what happens, does come true, I wouldn't wanna be some of you during that period. So I'm just gonna enjoy the sport for what it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by babestar
          2011 is gonna be something once certain runners comes back. If anyone really think the USA is gonna be down and never win, never break records, never dominate for a long period of time, you will be in for a rude awaking. I remember when Canada was dominating, everyone though the USA reign was dead and gone and long and behold...well we know the rest.

I'm glad that I'm from Canada, because if what happens, does come true, I wouldn't wanna be some of you during that period. So I'm just gonna enjoy the sport for what it is.
          Every country goes through cycles, what's new. however, I think jam will always be there now that they have the foundation laid and a nation inspired by the greatest athlete of all time. You may wait until your grave to see the cycle shift again, don't count on it for a long long time.

One Love!!
          One Love!!!

Comment

• Yeah...I remember when Canada dominated during the Donovan Bailey days. Sigh...one of the last Jamaican exports. Hope you enjoyed it....cuz all you'll be getting from us now is the scraps from the plate. Take your cycle theory and shove it. We'll be here for a while.
            http://img2.pict.com/c9/f0/bf/2845608/0/b.jpg

Comment

2011 is gonna be something once certain runners comes back. If anyone really think the USA is gonna be down and never win, never break records, never dominate for a long period of time, you will be in for a rude awaking. I remember when Canada was dominating, everyone though the USA reign was dead and gone and long and behold...well we know the rest.

For someone who isn't American you sure are worried about the state of American Track and Field, hell I haven't seen you raise one eyebrow or make one post commenting on the state of Canadian track and field, but here you are being the assigned TOWN CRIER for US Track and Field and the grim reaper for Jamaica's. I've posted with you for 2 years on TS and sincerely don't remember you having this opposition or venom toward the Jamaican athletes, if I remember correctly you used to sing some praises, but I guess JB is really teaching you well. When I met you I never took you for a "yes woman" or a "lackey" but dang your posts are even starting to sound like him. I

t is impossible to predict what will happen in 2011 when whichever US athletes you claim are coming back does. Just like how you think their program will evolve and get better, so too will Jamaica's. Right now we have a pretty good crop of young sprinters who will be ready for 2011 also. Why is it that you along with your little friends just cannot accept that this is Jamaica's time to shine. Why does everything we do have to be tainted or pored over with a fine tooth comb. Hell the US have been winning for years, and you never heard all of us Jamaicans lamenting. Most of us accepted defeat and went back to the drawing board with our tails between our legs and hoped that next year would be our year. Year after year we played second fiddle to the US, and now we're doing our thing you a CANADIAN pointing fingers, what did the athletes ever do to you babestar? Hell it's not Jamaica's fault that many American fans got disappointed or embarassed by those athletes that decided to take drugs, and have now become skeptical or suspicious of EVERY performance. I don't see YOU or any of the other ones speculating openly about any American performance that is out there, (oh wait, let me guess, every american has progressed naturally, and all their time are legit) but quick to judge us.

ALL the athletes that you are speculating about have turned up clean, so all the braces symbolism, and the unnatural progressions, and the steve mullings cover-ups, or the IAAF covering for us( :shock: ) is just ludicrous. Until you guys have proofs (and no Keith, the document by Tom does not count, because I know you're gonna come to the defense) you guys are always gonna be seen as haters. I am more than woman enough to eat a damn humble pie if the need ever arises, I won't hide like some people.

Your few posts here have all been filled with sarcasm and hints about foul play in Jamaica. I know you wish we'll have a story similar to Canada, but like you say until that time enjoy the sport for what it is. You just remember for every finger you point, one is pointed right back. And how about you worry about your business and stop worrying about ours.
              ~ I bleed BLACK, GREEN, and YELLOW~

Comment

• Hide TD!!!!!!!

The PC Police are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :arrow:

Comment

• Originally posted by Tammy_Baby

ALL the athletes that you are speculating about have turned up clean, so all the braces symbolism, and the unnatural progressions, and the steve mullings cover-ups, or the IAAF covering for us( :shock: ) is just ludicrous. Until you guys have proofs (and no Keith, the document by Tom does not count, because I know you're gonna come to the defense) you guys are always gonna be seen as haters. I am more than woman enough to eat a damn humble pie if the need ever arises, I won't hide like some people.
                  Never said the documents proved anything. I stated that it looked as though foul-play had taken place.

I still think its odd that Steve NEVER failed a test until the 2004 JAAA Trials, while CONSTANTLY tested in the college system. He has never failed a test there after either.

He was pretty much a shoe-in to make the team in the 100 and 200 that year. But I'm SURE ALL of Jamaica think this guy is a big time cheater. The test PROVES that right?

Comment

• Originally posted by guruof track
                    Hide TD!!!!!!!

how about you quit acting like your [email protected]&k size and be a grown ass man. Your little PC police joke is kind of getting old Keith. If you don't like what I have to say, pass it over, just like I ignore most of the crap you and the rest spew. PC Police is that really even the best you can do? and that juvenile joke is so not funny. I already told you, I will be respectful to you all just as long as you show the same. You call me names, I can do the same. Just because I'm a girl you think I'm gonna back down, and allow you to try to disrespect me, sorry not happening. Just like how you are allowed to post and have an opinion so do I. Next :arrow:
                    ~ I bleed BLACK, GREEN, and YELLOW~

Comment

• After rewatching the race along with Versus's commentary, I have to say that I'm shocked that someone with Ato's background is so clueless when it come to 4x100 exchanges. He calls Jamaica's second exchange a botched exchange, when in reality that's the type of exchange coaches dream of. He accused Bolt of leaving too early, despite the fact that he never had to slow down to recieve the baton and Frater made the pass on the first attempt. As a matter of fact, you'll notice that the gap between Jamaica and Trinidad remained the same through the second exchange. Ato seems to thinks that you run faster by handing off earlier in the zone, when actually, you run slower by doing that. If he wanted to critique Jamaica, he should have criticized their first and third exchanges which were early in the zone, and had the incoming runners having to slam on the brakes in order to make the exchange.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tammy_Baby
                        Originally posted by babestar

For someone who isn't American you sure are worried about the state of American Track and Field, hell I haven't seen you raise one eyebrow or make one post commenting on the state of Canadian track and field, but here you are being the assigned TOWN CRIER for US Track and Field and the grim reaper for Jamaica's. I've posted with you for 2 years on TS and sincerely don't remember you having this opposition or venom toward the Jamaican athletes, if I remember correctly you used to sing some praises, but I guess JB is really teaching you well. When I met you I never took you for a "yes woman" or a "lackey" but dang your posts are even starting to sound like him. I

t is impossible to predict what will happen in 2011 when whichever US athletes you claim are coming back does. Just like how you think their program will evolve and get better, so too will Jamaica's. Right now we have a pretty good crop of young sprinters who will be ready for 2011 also. Why is it that you along with your little friends just cannot accept that this is Jamaica's time to shine. Why does everything we do have to be tainted or pored over with a fine tooth comb. Hell the US have been winning for years, and you never heard all of us Jamaicans lamenting. Most of us accepted defeat and went back to the drawing board with our tails between our legs and hoped that next year would be our year. Year after year we played second fiddle to the US, and now we're doing our thing you a CANADIAN pointing fingers, what did the athletes ever do to you babestar? Hell it's not Jamaica's fault that many American fans got disappointed or embarassed by those athletes that decided to take drugs, and have now become skeptical or suspicious of EVERY performance. I don't see YOU or any of the other ones speculating openly about any American performance that is out there, (oh wait, let me guess, every american has progressed naturally, and all their time are legit) but quick to judge us.

Your few posts here have all been filled with sarcasm and hints about foul play in Jamaica. I know you wish we'll have a story similar to Canada, but like you say until that time enjoy the sport for what it is. You just remember for every finger you point, one is pointed right back. And how about you worry about your business and stop worrying about ours.
                        See i'm not good with words so it's good to have someone explain properly, what i see from a few people on this board.

Comment

• Moderator this is not a Boys champs record please have that caption adjusted ASAP!!!! Things are slacking at the seams I tell you!!

Comment

• [quote=Tammy_Baby]
                            Originally posted by "guruof track":2hkuka1u
                            Hide TD!!!!!!!

how about you quit acting like your [email protected]&k size and be a grown ass man. Your little PC police joke is kind of getting old Keith. If you don't like what I have to say, pass it over, just like I ignore most of the crap you and the rest spew. PC Police is that really even the best you can do? and that juvenile joke is so not funny. I already told you, I will be respectful to you all just as long as you show the same. You call me names, I can do the same. Just because I'm a girl you think I'm gonna back down, and allow you to try to disrespect me, sorry not happening. Just like how you are allowed to post and have an opinion so do I. Next :arrow:[/quote:2hkuka1u]

Obviously you don't ignore enough of what I spew.

What names I I called you?? A thread cop??? Thats not a name, thats what you do on the threads, you police them for comments you don't agree with from Americans.

I havent disrespected you. As a matter of fact, I show you the same respect I show to most people on this board. Show me where I disrespected you. ANd I will FREELY offer up an apology.

Now I am sarcastic as hell, but far from disrespectful. I hope you continue to post your opinions (even if they are policing the of the threads).

Misses officer, misses officer (in my best little wayne voice) I got stop by a lady cop, she got me thinkin bought dating a jamaican cop! :lol:

Comment

Which certain runners are coming back?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gordon18
                                Which certain runners are coming back?
                                Gatlin will be running again, his suspension is over.

Dix and Carter should be healthy at that time as well.

I'm not puttin my eggs in one basket though.

Comment

Working...
                                X