Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OH MAN, THIS IS GETTING TO ME NOW!!!!!!

Comment

• [quote=efua ninsin][quote=asindc][quote="efua ninsin":1sqgzmnu]
      Originally posted by steve
      Originally posted by "efua ninsin":1sqgzmnu
      Originally posted by steve
      Originally posted by "efua ninsin":1sqgzmnu
      are we still talking about gb and the relay heats, if so how quick we forget beijing and the men 200m finals
      I don't think anyone has forgotten that race. That was the one that started with the US athlete Spearmon being singled out by officials for disqualification due to running out of his lane. This action taken after being declared the second place finisher and being allowed half a victory lap. Turns out he wasn't the only one running out of his lane!

How is what happened to the US relay team yesterday considered fair retribution for what happened to Spearmon and others in Beijing?
      yes this same event where it was clear that spearmon touched the line but it wasnt so clear that churandy did.

in the end the results were that the us won the two latter medals. now that sound like the ultimate snitching and bitching game
      it has come back to bite them in the ass

they shouldnt have started something that they couldnt finish. ppl will continue to do this to them
      Just like I think that it would be unfair to select Spearmon for a DQ and leave Martina alone, I also think the US relay deserved to be DQ'd for not following the rules. All they had to do to prevent it was pass the baton within the zone. All Spearmon and Martina had to do was stay completely in their lanes. If those things were done there would be no problems today.

What I don't understand is how you somehow equate the two events which happened to completely different groups of people as some sort of karma, fair retribution against the US. Both sets of DQ's were within the rules and both could have been prevented by the athletes with more attention to detail. I know it's not easy at those speeds to always be so precise, but that's part of what makes doing the events correctly so difficult.

Are you anti USA, and looking for grand schemes in which the US athletes failing makes you happy?

i wanted the us in the relay as i have said before. then when jamaica won i wudnt be hearing all these shuda cuda wudas that i am hearing now.
      b4 every race i pray that all the favourites goes through.

why am equating it? its because ppl on this board have been criticising gb of being snitches when the americans did the same thing b4
      thats what i am saying
      dont do something and then dont expect ppl to return the favour.
      ppl are going to always look out for a us mistake becuz of what they did last year.
      its not karma its the way of the world. if you treat ppl one way then dont expect to be treated differently.

he wasnt being singled out either many persons have been dq'd for breaking the rules. his was obvious. the fact remains that churandy prob wudnt have been dq'd if the us had shut up and the us prob wudnt have been dq'd if gb had closed their mouths also

get it[/quote:1sqgzmnu]

What I get is that the US would not have protested at all if their guy had not been DQed in the first place for something another competitor had done as well. I think you are upset because Martina is from a country that had not experienced that kind of success at the OG before, and the protesting country was the big, bad, arrogant Americans who think they should win everything.

You seem to fail to see the distinction for that reason. For the Martina analogy to work here, GBR would have had to finish 3rd (or 4th with a fast time) and been in danger of not qualifying for the final because a team that beat them broke the rules.

I find it very telling that the Brazilians, who had the most to gain, did not lodge the protest in this case. It is also very telling that no one thought there was anything wrong with the race immediately after it had been run. Which means, of course, that GBR officials looked for something out of sorts after their team had already qualified. Definitely not the same situation as the Martina protest, in fact, quite the opposite.[/quote:1sqgzmnu]

i dont think gb went and was looking if the us did something wrong. i think they were looking analysing their race and saw what the us did wrong as their team was right beside them.
      but they prob did it just out of spite to the us bcuz they have protested and bitched about so many things in the past.

i am looking at this situation quite clearly and of course i was upset that churandy lost his medal but he broke the rules and therefore shud be dq'd. this was true for spearmon and the us relay team.

who noes maybe gb was doing the same thing the amricans have always done looking after their own interest. they knew that the us wud challenge for a medal and it wud be harder for them to so they protested went into the finals and recieved a bronze for their effort

now ask yourself, if jamaica had change b4 the zone like the us did and the us saw that dont you think they wud have protested too.

think abt b4 you answer.[/quote:1sqgzmnu]

If it would have affected their qualification status, yes. If not, no. I don't blame the GBR athletes or fans. Many Brit fans are no more pleased about this than US fans. And if the athletes are anything like with I suspect, they are not happy about it, either. And you are right, the US relay team was DQed fair and square. It would be just easier to take if GBR did not do it just to duck the competition in the final.

Again, my congratulations to the medal winners, especially Jam, who would have won anyway, IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by shearer39

Steve Mullings took an aphrodisiac in some naive and ultimately costly attempt to sate his burning loins during the trials. The testers confirmed that. He took it after the 100s and just before the 200m at the 2004 national championships.
        I've nwver heard this theory, but I'll take that into account. :lol:

Comment

• Originally posted by guruof track
          Originally posted by shearer39

Steve Mullings took an aphrodisiac in some naive and ultimately costly attempt to sate his burning loins during the trials. The testers confirmed that. He took it after the 100s and just before the 200m at the 2004 national championships.
          I've nwver heard this theory, but I'll take that into account. :lol:
          Actually half true, he did in fact take them but it was all in keeping with the frat boy activities in which he partook .

Comment

• Originally posted by trackfan22
            This thread seems very hostile...
            That's because some can't get over the fact that the Jamaicans have the best sprinters in the world right now......... And rather than accept it and hope that the Americans can get their acts together and regain control, they just sit there and throw out accusations and talk about the "what if's" and come across as poor poor losers.

The measure of a man (or woman) is how they act in defeat.............

Comment

• Lots of rock throwing here.

The Jamaicans would most likely have won the race even if the US had been there. They have a faster bunch of guys who will actually work together on their passing, not simply pay lip service. The US did foul up on their exchange. Anyone who knows how the Brits operate shouldn't be surprised they'd move to get the US or anyone else DQ'd if they analyzed the race and found something amiss.

It's all over until next time!

Comment

• Originally posted by lexvid
                Originally posted by scratchman
                Originally posted by lexvid
                Originally posted by scratchman
                Right. So had that been the US in that position with a smooth handoff.....
                ....And we're faster than Trinidad?
                Analyze that.
                I'm sorry the US Team wasn't there but I think you're making a fool of yourself with all this speculation.
                It didn't happen and there's nothing you can do to change this!

The results will always say JAM 1ST, T&T 2nd, GB 3rd...
                HA!HA!
                You think so??
                This is just a forum where in the past, its been ok to throw out hypotheticals.
                Did you change the rules overnight?
                ...I didnt get the memo. :roll: :lol:
                Don't understandwhat ha ha means but it's all good. I'll keep it short and simple. Hypotheticals are all good before the race. After that it's wishful thinking. Anyone can say an individual or Team event could have been better. Only the winner is usually satisfied with their efforts.
                As far as the rules, I don't make 'em but I try to respect 'em. That's all...
                LOL!
                Again, did you make these rules?....about hypotheticals???
                What's the fine for not following your order of things?
                A check ok?
                I do like what you said right after that, tho. About anyone can say they could've done better. Consitution guarantees me freedom of speech.
                Then you said you dont make the rules.
                ....Coulda fooled me :lol:

Comment

• Originally posted by efua ninsin

he wasnt being singled out either many persons have been dq'd for breaking the rules. his was obvious. the fact remains that churandy prob wudnt have been dq'd if the us had shut up and the us prob wudnt have been dq'd if gb had closed their mouths also

get it
                  Got it!

Glad you're not anti-American (or any other country competing).

I think it was reasonable for the Americans to have pointed out Martina. I doubt they went looking for him, but probably saw that he also stepped out of his lane when they were examining race footage and felt that it wasn't fair to only DQ Spearmon under that rule (I'm sure the officials reviewed tape before rendering a decision).

It was also reasonable to protest the American relay team. Why should they have the privilege of not having to be concerned with the exchange zone. I doubt that the Brits felt that they should pay back the US for anything or were out to get them.

I agree with you that any Americans upset at the Brits need only look at themselves in that if they had passed in the zone there would never have been the chance for a DQ.

Comment

• Originally posted by steve
                    Originally posted by efua ninsin

get it
                    Got it!

Glad you're not anti-American (or any other country competing).

I think it was reasonable for the Americans to have pointed out Martina. I doubt they went looking for him, but probably saw that he also stepped out of his lane when they were examining race footage and felt that it wasn't fair to only DQ Spearmon under that rule (I'm sure the officials reviewed tape before rendering a decision).

It was also reasonable to protest the American relay team. Why should they have the privilege of not having to be concerned with the exchange zone. I doubt that the Brits felt that they should pay back the US for anything or were out to get them.

I agree with you that any Americans upset at the Brits need only look at themselves in that if they had passed in the zone there would never have been the chance for a DQ.
                    Heres the difference in the relay and Martina....
                    The Brits were already in the final. Its not like if the US had been allowed to compete, that they'd be knocked out of the finals. In that case, I could understand them going ahead and doing it. And even if it were the finals, if the US violated and the Brits were 4th- then YEAH! Blow the whistle. The US did vilolate. No doubt. Rules are rules. But geeez. :roll: That was kinda petty, yall.
                    ......Brits were gonna be in the final regardless.

Comment

• Any splits available from the 4x1 final yet?

Comment

• yea the brits wud ave been in the finals but with the americans there it wud have been harder for them to medal. they prob wudnt have gotten one if the americans were in the finals and didnt botch a handoff

all in all it came down to medalling

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul Henry
                          Should I derive that although the US is firmly affixed to finish NUMBER 1 in these championships and adept fans like yourselves are this sore as if all went wrong; it as a result of the sparsity of Marquee medals (ie sprints).
                          Should I then concur that based on this soreness that Jamaica are the winners?
                          Or will you guys after seeing this position will wake up and realize that despite the advancement of the rest of the world (right to down to Cyprus) you are still holding your own.

Atleast for now. :wink:
                          Sparsity of marquee medals? :?

Dude... the USA won BOTH the men's and women's 400m gold, Silver in the mens 100m, bronze in the women's 100m, gold in the womens 200m, GOLD in BOTH the mens and womens 4x400, etc...

Did you watch the meet? :?
                          The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackDaddy
                            Originally posted by Paul Henry
                            Should I derive that although the US is firmly affixed to finish NUMBER 1 in these championships and adept fans like yourselves are this sore as if all went wrong; it as a result of the sparsity of Marquee medals (ie sprints).
                            Or will you guys after seeing this position will wake up and realize that despite the advancement of the rest of the world (right to down to Cyprus) you are still holding your own.

Dude... the USA won BOTH the men's and women's 400m gold, Silver in the mens 100m, bronze in the women's 100m, gold in the womens 200m, GOLD in BOTH the mens and womens 4x400, etc...

As I said: "Or will you guys after seeing this position will wake up and realize that despite the advancement of the rest of the world (right to down to Cyprus) you are still holding your own."
                            You weren't this edgy until now. Welcome back.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackDaddy
                              Originally posted by Paul Henry

Exactly TD...

Were it not for some snitches... who know what the other color may have been
                              on the road

Comment

• Originally posted by guruof track
                                Originally posted by Gordon18
                                Which certain runners are coming back?
                                Gatlin will be running again, his suspension is over.

Dix and Carter should be healthy at that time as well.

I'm not puttin my eggs in one basket though.

Blake alone will be enough to deal with them, no need to roll out the big horse

One Love!
                                One Love!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X