Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mump boy
    Originally posted by 3a
    There weren't so many three heat semi's and dodgy draws.

The weather didn't destory the marks and times on Friday.

The Mascot was set alight and suffered a horrible death.
    Are you mad the mascot is AMAZING one of the german papers today said Berlino (that's his name) was the secret star of the world champs. He's brilliant why don't you like him ???

:shock: :? :shock:
    Agreed !!! The mascot was outstanding. I can't even remember noticing the mascot at a major games before. The guy deserves an award.

Comment

I thought these were the best champs ever and without the disappointments there would be no surprises...that said Reed not getting to the final kills me.

And even more than Hitler seeing Bolt I would have loved him to see blacks competing for Germany!

Comment

Originally posted by Non Potest
        Agreed !!! The mascot was outstanding. I can't even remember noticing the mascot at a major games before. The guy deserves an award.
        This is the problem... all future WCs and OGs are going to try to emulate and expand upon Berlino's antics. Then it's really going to get absurd.

Comment

Apparently 3 different guys take turns being Berlino. Personality seems pretty consistent anyway. What is 3-way schizophrenia?

Comment

Originally posted by TrackDaddy
            ...the marathon should end in the stadium.
            I actually thought it was much better the way it was. The Berliners really got involved, a big crowd gathered for the finish at the Brandenburg Gate, which is a great setting for the finish of a race like this. I can't see how finishing in a nearly empty stadium would have been any better. And, especially with the criticism of ticket prices directed at the organisers, allowing people to watch the finish of the marathon for free was good promotion of the sport, too.
            Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Could have been better if the IAAF had treated Caster with at least a trace of humanity and decency.

Comment

Originally posted by Powell
                Originally posted by TrackDaddy
                ...the marathon should end in the stadium.
                I actually thought it was much better the way it was. The Berliners really got involved, a big crowd gathered for the finish at the Brandenburg Gate, which is a great setting for the finish of a race like this. I can't see how finishing in a nearly empty stadium would have been any better. And, especially with the criticism of ticket prices directed at the organisers, allowing people to watch the finish of the marathon for free was good promotion of the sport, too.
                I'll try to write a bit on the Brandenburg Gate experience later.... but in short, I hope all future road races are done that way (I've been lobbying for the walks that way for 15-odd years). It was a wild party. Fabulous for the spectators and runners/walkers alike.

I'm sure if the athletes had a vote they'd go for the street version every time. (even though I didn't actually ask anyone)

Comment

... too many falls and reinstatements

... Elena Isinbayeva NH

...Jamal won an undeserved gold

...Semenya made the 800m a boooring race

...Women's 100m hurdles didn't live up to expectations

... too much Bolt

Comment

Originally posted by cacique
                    who's the other hooker, squaks?

i loved berlino (the little i saw on tv)! i thought it was great, specially when he gave melaine a piggy ride (good thing she wasn't injured in that fall).
                    That fall was the funniest thing ive seen in years! The other Hooker is an american female sprinter.
                    phsstt!

Comment

Re: Great W.C. but......

Originally posted by SQUACKEE
                      It could have been better if-

Lagat wasnt spiked
                      Kaki didnt trip
                      Radcliffe was running
                      Baby Face was running
                      Muna Lee didnt get hurt
                      4x1's made it to the final
                      Issy no heights
                      You dont have laps in a championship Marathon and you finish in the stadium!
                      2 Hooker's hurt but one came thru....
                      bump
                      phsstt!

Comment

Originally posted by Grazerism
                        Apparently 3 different guys take turns being Berlino. Personality seems pretty consistent anyway. What is 3-way schizophrenia?
                        This is a good board to ask that question...
                        I thought Berlino was great - or at least part of me did, some of the time...

Comment

Originally posted by Frans Rutten
                          I watched on TV (Eurosport and ZDF/ARD--German natl TV) and I LOVED Berlino! One of the reasons this WC was so great!
                          I wonder if the Berlino kids did though. They were quite a few times thrown over in the sand pit.
                          Yeah I called PETA on that! Also the DSPCM (Deutchland society for prevention of cruelty to Mascots).

Comment

Originally posted by gm33
                            ...Jamal won an undeserved gold
                            You could say this for a number of "lucky" athletes: Rogowska; Hylton; Mulaudzi. It was what it was.

...Women's 100m hurdles didn't live up to expectations
                            What expectations did you have? Mine was: Who the heck is going to win? And that sure happened.

Comment

Ask Joanne Woodward.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                                Ask Joanne Woodward.
                                No gh that's what used to be called Multiple personality disorder, and is now called dissociative identity disorder. On the issues of mental illness I am quite certain....I think....maybe.... :lol: :lol:

Comment

Working...
                                X