X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Davidokun
    replied
    According to The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language:
    A system of betting in which the bettor, in order to win, must pick the first two finishers of a race, but not necessarily in the correct sequence.

Leave a comment:

• Grazerism
    replied
    What's the "quinella"? Braithwaite was the first person Lolo mentioned as a 110 favorite. Lopes the first for 100.

A Berlinino sat at the far corner of the horizontal-jumps pit, and one camera often showed him getting knocked over by the sand when the jumpers landed. My little stuffed dog was quite upset!

There were also Berlininos riding on the little carts that bring the implements back to the throwers.

Leave a comment:

• croflash
    replied
    Yes, Lolo was great. She has a future in television if she choses to follow that path after her career.

Leave a comment:

• Blimpie
    replied
    Originally posted by lexvid
    Originally posted by gm33
    ...Women's 100m hurdles didn't live up to expectations
    What expectations did you have? Mine was: Who the heck is going to win? And that sure happened.
    when you have 8 women from 12.50-12.64 and in the end O'Rourke comes 4th in 12.67 :shock:

Foster, Lopes and Ennis were all very good, but the rest underperformed...
    Harper, Felicien and McLellan all messed up and Damu Cherry too...
    Felicien (cramped and hit hurdles) and McLellan (bad back) were less than 100%. The men's race was also a bit anti-climatic although it was obviously great for Barbados.[/quote]

Lolo Jones called the quinella, before at the begining of the semi-finals. Lolo did great as an analyst for ES. She did not even mentioned her team mates

Leave a comment:

• lexvid
    replied
    Originally posted by Cooter Brown
    Originally posted by SQUACKEE
    I honestly thought Berlino was Allen Webb, then i realized Webb's head is larger. I liked Berlino even though he was a bit of a ham.
    Can't be. It appears the mascot at least met expectations.
    That's cold!!! :lol:....but true to this point.

Leave a comment:

• Cooter Brown
    replied
    Originally posted by SQUACKEE
    I honestly thought Berlino was Allen Webb, then i realized Webb's head is larger. I liked Berlino even though he was a bit of a ham.
    Can't be. It appears the mascot at least met expectations.

Leave a comment:

• lexvid
    replied
    What expectations did you have? Mine was: Who the heck is going to win? And that sure happened.
    when you have 8 women from 12.50-12.64 and in the end O'Rourke comes 4th in 12.67 :shock:

Harper, Felicien and McLellan all messed up and Damu Cherry too...[/quote]

Felicien (cramped and hit hurdles) and McLellan (bad back) were less than 100%. The men's race was also a bit anti-climatic although it was obviously great for Barbados.

Leave a comment:

• gm33
    replied
    What expectations did you have? Mine was: Who the heck is going to win? And that sure happened.[/quote]

Harper, Felicien and McLellan all messed up and Damu Cherry too...

Leave a comment:

• cacique
    replied
    Originally posted by jeremyp
    I wonder if the Berlino kids did though. They were quite a few times thrown over in the sand pit.
    they didn't show taht on tv. who were berlino kids? smaller versions of the mascot? who threw them on the pit?

Leave a comment:

• cacique
    replied
    ... ...Semenya made the 800m a boooring race

... too much Bolt
    i agree with the last one.

what was semenya supposed to do? be more mediocre?

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    The locals, far as I can tell, adored Berlino. And that's the real bottom line.

(I generally detest mascots, but I thought this guy's[es] knack for physical comedy was pretty darn good; right up there with Ted Giannoulis, the original San Diego Chicken)

Leave a comment:

• SQUACKEE
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jeremyp
    replied
    Originally posted by gh
    Originally posted by Grazerism
    Apparently 3 different guys take turns being Berlino. Personality seems pretty consistent anyway. What is 3-way schizophrenia?
    Ask Joanne Woodward.
    No gh that's what used to be called Multiple personality disorder, and is now called dissociative identity disorder. On the issues of mental illness I am quite certain....I think....maybe.... :lol: :lol:

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    Originally posted by Grazerism
    Apparently 3 different guys take turns being Berlino. Personality seems pretty consistent anyway. What is 3-way schizophrenia?
    Ask Joanne Woodward.

Leave a comment:

• jeremyp
    replied
    ...Jamal won an undeserved gold
    You could say this for a number of "lucky" athletes: Rogowska; Hylton; Mulaudzi. It was what it was.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X