Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marlow- Those are some rocking rose colored glasses you're wearing. I notice they have blinders too!

Comment

Originally posted by bhall
      Marlow- Those are some rocking rose colored glasses you're wearing. I notice they have blinders too!
      Marlow's wired for something:

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
        Originally posted by Ned Ryerson
        b. Tiger is a billionaire.
        b. who still wants an Oly gold. So does everyone else. The chances of actually winning a gold are increased astronomically if you're a member of the USA quartet, recent performances notwithstanding!!
        So you think Woods should be the new anchor to ensure his gold? Don't you think he'll be a bit pissed when the baton never arrives?

I missed it, but did Gay pull out of the 200 to rest for the relay? Or his injury playing up? He looked pretty good in the 100 final but I only saw the highlights.

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
          Originally posted by Ned Ryerson
          a. What have relay gold medals done for Leroy Dixon, Rodney Martin, Miles Smith, Darold Williamson or Angela Daigle-Bowen?
          b. Tiger is a billionaire.
          a. lots more than if they didn't have them!
          b. who still wants an Oly gold. So does everyone else. The chances of actually winning a gold are increased astronomically if you're a member of the USA quartet, recent performances notwithstanding!!
          a. Such as... What additional sponsorships have they procured as a result of their relay medals?
          b. Of course there is the sense of personal satisfaction in earning a medal, and it's something that those people should be very proud of. But if I'm a guy whose goal is to make the final of the 100m, and I have a choice between getting $40,000 to run a meet in Europe, or running a relay practice for free, on the hopes that the relay wins the gold and you get $20,000, the choice is easy, isn't it?

Comment

Comment

Then in light of the comments regarding the athletes and where their loyalties lie, we can safely assume that Mr. Logan can be absolved and all blame be placed on the shoulders of the athletes?

Comment

Originally posted by asindc
                Originally posted by klass klown
                And while we're on the subject of poor US relay coaching - who handled the 4x400 instructions?
                The idea with exchanging left to left is to keep the baton on inside and away from any potential mishaps if the exchange is being made next to other competitors. Not that I endorse this method, but at least that is the rationale. It worked in both the men's and women's, so I'm fine with it.
                Come on.

Klass Klown is correct.

You don't protect the baton handing off that way, you run up the back of the exiting athlete - and she isn't looking it in. It's the runner leaving who needs pay real attention with the hand off.

Those changes a shitty. Who ever is coaching them has too much time on their hands.

Comment

I agree that the picture of Demus handing off is not the best way. Carry the baton in the right hand- the outgoing runner should take the baton in the left hand and switch to the right early on in the leg unless you are anchor and then it does not matter since there will not be another pass to make. Catch left switch and pass right.

Just as posted above, passing with the left hand makes the incoming runner have to pass across their body and they can be dangerously close to running in to each other.

Comment

Originally posted by bad hammy
                    Marlow's wired for something:
                    I always thought that was a rather flattering picture of me. I look so . . . focused!

Comment

Ask Suziann Reid about switching hands on 4x4 handoffs...

Comment

Working...
                      X