• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marlow
    Speer Men
    Martinez, Guillermo CUB
    Pitkämäki, Tero FIN
    Thorkildsen, Andreas NOR
    Pitkämäki unlikely to be there, needs more recovery time. Will be interesting to finally see Mannio competing outside Finland... (OK he won Euro U23 at Kaunas but I think that's been it this year.)

Comment

Originally posted by BCBaroo
      Good to see David Oliver's name up. Any word on his fitness or will this meet tell us the tale?

PS: I predict a WR in the men's 4 x 1
      I think this meet will be a barometer for D.O.
      on the road

Comment

[quote="t_monk
        She can run all she wants... as long as she doesnt win, lol[/quote]

Actually, I'd prefer if she did not run, rather than run and "throw" the race. That would be unethical and probably a banishable offence. There is no rules requiring an athlete to participate in any particular track meet. Although, it would look suspicious if she suddenly decide not to run in the final race.

Oh well, I really hope Kerron wins the next race though. I was actually pulling for her last week in Berlin.

Comment

3000m Steeple Chase
          Matelong, Richard Kipkemboi KEN
          Koech, Paul Kipsiele KEN
          Kemboi, Ezekiel KEN
          Kipruto, Brimin KEN
          Taher, Tareq Mubarak BRN
          Outside of 1976 when many African countries boycotted the Olympics in Montreal, has there ever been a meet where a kenyan did not win the steeplechase?

Comment

[quote=guruof track]
            Originally posted by "t_monk":3spgq8oc
            Originally posted by jpaule
            If SAF and KS are both injured, why are they running. The explosion out of the blocks is more likely to aggravate an injury than running a curve with a running start.
            It depends on the type of injury really.

The curve actually agitates certain injuries far more than a start best believe. Why do you think Asafa keeps away from the 200?
            Asafa has a groin injury. They have hammy injuries, unless I'm wrong.[/quote:3spgq8oc]

Wrong.

SAF's injury is as a result of her having her appendix removed. This is the reason she sighted for not running the 200 m after qualifying for it in second at the trials is because she still feels pain on the side where she had her appendix removed when she runs the curve.

Kerron's injury is reported a knee issue, carried over from 2008. That is the reason she hasn't been running many 200s this year, because she is still nursing injuries of that sort. She has been verifiable unimpressive in the 200 all season as opposed to the 100 that she has always come out as one of if not the best in the field.

Comment

Sorry, I thought SAF had a hammy injury...............actually positive that she had a hammy injury this season and missed training for it AFTER the appendix surgery. And if her appendix was that much of an issue, why the HELL would she be leading off the 4x1???? But I KNOW for a fact she had a hammy injury, as this was confirmed by her AND her coach.

KS, wasn't so sure about her injury.

Comment

Originally posted by t_monk
                If SAF and KS are both injured, why are they running. The explosion out of the blocks is more likely to aggravate an injury than running a curve with a running start.
                It depends on the type of injury really.

The curve actually agitates certain injuries far more than a start best believe. Why do you think Asafa keeps away from the 200?
                Considering the controversy they have created this will only add fuel to the fire, As a fan I want to see all athletes compete and make money to o so I am happy they are competing. But as far as Asafa goes in the 200 a list of at least a dozen dudes (maybe more) who would smoke him. .
                :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
                This is a man that has a pb of 19.90 from 2006!
                If he continued to improve, which would be a very natural thing to expect from him. There is no way a dozen men could beat him.... He would easily make a final and at that be a serious medal contender.

Comment

Originally posted by guruof track
                  Sorry,[ I thought SAF had a hammy injury...............actually positive that she had a hammy injury this season and missed training for it AFTER the appendix surgery. And if her appendix was that much of an issue, why the HELL would she be leading off the 4x1???? But I KNOW for a fact she had a hammy injury, as this was confirmed by her AND her coach.

Correct. She had a hammy issue as well during the course of the season. The hammy issue however wasn't the thing that was preventing her from running the curve because as you said it would have affected her 100m.

As for why the hell would she be leading off? That is why her coach didn't want her to lead off the team although it seemed they caved and was going to let her run it anyways, and thusly she being required to run it only once (in the final) and not the semis where she ran the second leg.

Comment

[quote=t_monk]
                    Originally posted by "guruof track":3ijzhfz2
                    Sorry,[ I thought SAF had a hammy injury...............actually positive that she had a hammy injury this season and missed training for it AFTER the appendix surgery. And if her appendix was that much of an issue, why the HELL would she be leading off the 4x1???? But I KNOW for a fact she had a hammy injury, as this was confirmed by her AND her coach.

Correct. She had a hammy issue as well during the course of the season. The hammy issue however wasn't the thing that was preventing her from running the curve because as you said it would have affected her 100m.

As for why the hell would she be leading off? That is why her coach didn't want her to lead off the team although it seemed they caved and was going to let her run it anyways, and thusly she being required to run it only once (in the final) and not the semis where she ran the second leg.[/quote:3ijzhfz2]

Something doesn't add up here!! On April 2, 2009 SAF hand an appendectomy. On June 6, 2009 she ran in the Jamaican nationals. All along the relay practiced with her to be the lead off leg and at the last minute she can't run the curve because of problems from appendectomy 2 1/2 months after the Jamaican championships. If thats the case it is either BS, or she should not have run at all, including 100 meters, because of possible internal problems. What is it?

Comment

Bingo.

Like I said politics dictated who ran which leg.
                      The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

[quote=jpaule]
                        Originally posted by "guruof track":1yb475zx

As for why the hell would she be leading off? That is why her coach didn't want her to lead off the team although it seemed they caved and was going to let her run it anyways, and thusly she being required to run it only once (in the final) and not the semis where she ran the second leg.
                        Something doesn't add up here!! On April 2, 2009 SAF hand an appendectomy. On June 6, 2009 she ran in the Jamaican nationals. All along the relay practiced with her to be the lead off leg and at the last minute she can't run the curve because of problems from appendectomy 2 1/2 months after the Jamaican championships. If thats the case it is either BS, or she should not have run at all, including 100 meters, because of possible internal problems. What is it?[/quote:1yb475zx]

Actually no. SAF NEVER practiced any relays until she SAF came to Berlin. Aileen, KS and VCB were practicing at the relay camp which SAF was not at. So more or less they never tested SAF on first, they simply assumed that she would do it for the mere fact that she is the best option to do so when she is in top form.

SAF would have been running the 200m in Berlin, which she had EASILY qualified for behind VCB, but opted out of it for the very reason that was stated. Did it not strike you people as strange that someone with a 22.1x PB just opted out of the 200m when she had a CLEAR chance of medalling?

And again, SAF had no problem running the start in the finals. The finals lineup involved her running the first leg. The only way Veronica could run anchor is if KS ran the 3rd or 2nd leg. The 3rd leg with her knee condition is not really an option and the 2nd leg would require them changing the lineup completely.

Comment

Originally posted by TrackDaddy
                          Bingo.

It depends on the type of injury... again.

Comment

Originally posted by rabalac

3000m Steeple Chase
                            Matelong, Richard Kipkemboi KEN
                            Koech, Paul Kipsiele KEN
                            Kemboi, Ezekiel KEN
                            Kipruto, Brimin KEN
                            Taher, Tareq Mubarak BRN
                            Outside of 1976 when many African countries boycotted the Olympics in Montreal, has there ever been a meet where a kenyan did not win the steeplechase?
                            83 Worlds - Patriz Ilg, FRG
                            87 Worlds - Francesco Pannetta, ITA

The Kenyans were nearly invisible in the first two worlds - the Ethiopians were almost totally invisible.

Comment

Originally posted by TrackDaddy
                              Bingo.

It depends on the type of injury... again.
                              T Monk, do you know what part of SAF's body was actually hurting during WCs from the appendectomy?

Comment

Actually no. SAF NEVER practiced any relays until she SAF came to Berlin. Aileen, KS and VCB were practicing at the relay camp which SAF was not at. So more or less they never tested SAF on first, they simply assumed that she would do it for the mere fact that she is the best option to do so when she is in top form.

SAF would have been running the 200m in Berlin, which she had EASILY qualified for behind VCB, but opted out of it for the very reason that was stated. Did it not strike you people as strange that someone with a 22.1x PB just opted out of the 200m when she had a CLEAR chance of medalling?

And again, SAF had no problem running the start in the finals. The finals lineup involved her running the first leg. The only way Veronica could run anchor is if KS ran the 3rd or 2nd leg. The 3rd leg with her knee condition is not really an option and the 2nd leg would require them changing the lineup completely.
                                No necessarily, because our third best 200 runners has only competed in ONE championship 200 setting and that was strictly due to circumstances (Sanya). But I get your drift.

Comment

Working...
                                X