• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jpaule
    Originally posted by t_monk
    Originally posted by TrackDaddy
    If SAF and KS are both injured, why are they running. The explosion out of the blocks is more likely to aggravate an injury than running a curve with a running start.
    Bingo.

Like I said politics dictated who ran which leg.
    It depends on the type of injury... again.
    T Monk, do you know what part of SAF's body was actually hurting during WCs from the appendectomy?
    Yes. It was specifically stated that it was her side, the side she had the operation on.

Comment

[quote=guruof track]
      Originally posted by "t_monk":2kyno3e3

Actually no. SAF NEVER practiced any relays until she SAF came to Berlin. Aileen, KS and VCB were practicing at the relay camp which SAF was not at. So more or less they never tested SAF on first, they simply assumed that she would do it for the mere fact that she is the best option to do so when she is in top form.

SAF would have been running the 200m in Berlin, which she had EASILY qualified for behind VCB, but opted out of it for the very reason that was stated. Did it not strike you people as strange that someone with a 22.1x PB just opted out of the 200m when she had a CLEAR chance of medalling?

And again, SAF had no problem running the start in the finals. The finals lineup involved her running the first leg. The only way Veronica could run anchor is if KS ran the 3rd or 2nd leg. The 3rd leg with her knee condition is not really an option and the 2nd leg would require them changing the lineup completely.
      No necessarily, because our third best 200 runners has only competed in ONE championship 200 setting and that was strictly due to circumstances (Sanya). But I get your drift.[/quote:2kyno3e3]

Exactly! Circumstances. I have seen people on here ask why she isn't running the 200 and adding her as a shoe in for a bronze if she ran it.

By the way I think Miss Lee might give Miss Richards a run for her money as your second best, lol.

Comment

TMonk I said THIRD!

Comment

[quote=t_monk]
          Originally posted by "t_monk":308v8sic
          If SAF and KS are both injured, why are they running. The explosion out of the blocks is more likely to aggravate an injury than running a curve with a running start.
          Bingo.

T Monk, do you know what part of SAF's body was actually hurting during WCs from the appendectomy?
          Yes. It was specifically stated that it was her side, the side she had the operation on.[/quote:308v8sic]

I would think if her side is hurting it is irresponsible for anyone to allow her to run anything because of some possible serious internal problems. Has she had any testing at all to see what the problem is?

Comment

Originally posted by guruof track
            TMonk I said THIRD!
            Ohh.... smart move... lol!

Muna to di wurl!!!! As much as I am a big Sanya fan and all, I must say I pull for Muna more than I pull for any other US athlete. I want her to get her moment in the spotlight, even though she have relay gold, I want her to step up on a medal podium by herself to take a gold medal.... my problem now is at the risk of whom? LOL! I definitely want SAF/KS/SS to win the 100..... I want VCB to win the 200m.... And I can't see her beating Allyson either....

Comment

[quote=jpaule]
              Originally posted by "t_monk":22fb3mcb
              Bingo.

Yes. It was specifically stated that it was her side, the side she had the operation on.
              I would think if her side is hurting it is irresponsible for anyone to allow her to run anything because of some possible serious internal problems. Has she had any testing at all to see what the problem is?[/quote:22fb3mcb]

I am not sure, I am guessing she has however. I am guessing that the wound is simply healing and taking a long time to do so. I have known a number of persons who have had appendectomy and it normally takes a while to heal, it requires very LITTLE strenuous activity to heal completely and you can guess that SAF was pushed for time and was rushing to get herself back to tip top form to qualify. I am guessing the fact that she is running that its taking a longer time for it to heal 100%. It's understandable to me why the curve would agitate the injury more though...

Comment

Originally posted by rabalac
                I really want Kerron to win.... I am pulling for her over SAF because I want her to get her jackpot money
                So what's a million dollars among friends? What if Kerron wins the 100? She will have one more to go to get that (at least a piece of the ) Million. What should SAF do if it were to come to that? Should she run and possibly "rob" the Jamaican economy of at least quarter million dollars by beating Kerron in the final race?

By the way, have Dibaba and Defar mend fences since a similar situation occured a few years ago regarding the 2 Ethiopians who were/are friends?
                shelly-ann fraser should do like she does and like everyone should do, try to do their best. track really does not want a scandal of having fixed races.

as for t. dibaba and defar, t. dibaba was sad she lost, but realized every competitor has the right to try to win, the not getting along was more fabricated by the media than being real, defar even was invited to and went to the dibaba and sihine wedding.

Comment

and as a top competitor one should not one to fall down for them, if they did it would make it like a movie or pro wrestling with a predetermined outcome.

an example of a top competitor turning down a large amount of money to maintain the integrity of the sport is in the sugar ray robinson story said to be true, gangsters allegedely came to robinson and told him, he could make a lot more money if he fought another top fighter, 1 fighter would win the first, the other fighter would win the second, and the 3rd fight would be a real fight that either could win, and robinson said i dont do it that way if i lose, its because i lost, and i dont want anyone to take a dive for me.

Comment

Since KS and SAF are so severely injured, does poor little Carmelita Jeter have a change or dare I ask? Go Carmelita :!:

PS - I'm going to make sure I watch and see how far and fast KS and SAF run around the curve after the race.

Comment

Since KS and SAF are so severely injured, does poor little Carmelita Jeter have a change or dare I ask? Go Carmelita :!:

PS - I'm going to make sure I watch and see how far and fast KS and SAF run around the curve after the race.
                      lol.... feel free.

Note: running on a curve while accelerating and running on a curve while decelerating are two very different things....

Comment

Kerron is usually more consistent on the circuit and thus, I am expecting her to win.
                        Cows need love too

Comment

The big man Bolt arriving in Zurich
                          Cows need love too

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
                            Originally posted by croflash
                            Let's not forget that Kerron Stewart, Yelena Isinbaeva, Sanya Richards and Kenenisa Bekele are still in the race for the jackpot.
                            KB is the only one who is a MORTAL LOCK to not lose. After seeing what he did to Lagat at the end of the 5K, there's no way ANYONE can beat him when he's fit. Speed kills. Speed AND endurance? The mind boggles. Even with no PRs, he's the WC co-MVP.
                            Except in the event he allows a 5k to go at 13.30 speed and doesn't run the penultimate lap in 59-60. Then Lagat might beat him, ala Guerrouj in Athens.

Comment

SAF is running because she isn't affected on a straight (surgery, not an injury per say). Stewart is running with an eye on the Golden prize.

Originally posted by guruof track
                              Asafa has a groin injury. They have hammy injuries, unless I'm wrong.
                              Asafa's issue with the 200m is related to both the groin and hamstring. His last competitive 200m was in Yokohama '07 and he pulled up after injuring his left hamstring.

But as far as Asafa goes in the 200 a list of at least a dozen dudes (maybe more) who would smoke him. .
                              As of right now in 2009 only five men have posted faster times than Asafa's PB of 19.90 and I'm pretty sure that he could be quicker than that it he really tried. However, given the problems he is having with his left groin, left ankle and past left hamstring injury I don't think we will see him doing anything strenuous that involves a curve.
                              Regards,
                              toyracer

Comment

Originally posted by jeremyp
                                Except in the event he allows a 5k to go at 13.30 speed and doesn't run the penultimate lap in 59-60. Then Lagat might beat him, ala Guerrouj in Athens.
                                I think Lagat ran the PERFECT race for himself and still lost. Any other scenario and Lagat loses by more.

Comment

Working...
                                X