Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toyracer

As of right now in 2009 only five men have posted faster times than Asafa's PB of 19.90 and I'm pretty sure that he could be quicker than that it he really tried. However, given the problems he is having with his left groin, left ankle and past left hamstring injury I don't think we will see him doing anything strenuous that involves a curve.
    That PR is from when??? How many people have posted faster times since he ran that 19.90 is a fairer assessment. Because he has ran 200 AFTER that 19.90.

Comment

Originally posted by guruof track

As of right now in 2009 only five men have posted faster times than Asafa's PB of 19.90 and I'm pretty sure that he could be quicker than that it he really tried. However, given the problems he is having with his left groin, left ankle and past left hamstring injury I don't think we will see him doing anything strenuous that involves a curve.
      That PR is from when??? How many people have posted faster times since he ran that 19.90 is a fairer assessment. Because he has ran 200 AFTER that 19.90.
      He ran 19.90 at Kingston, JAM 2006. I believe the 200m would make him stronger for 100m. But If he gets injured from the running the curve, then I understand why he doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
        Originally posted by jeremyp
        Except in the event he allows a 5k to go at 13.30 speed and doesn't run the penultimate lap in 59-60. Then Lagat might beat him, ala Guerrouj in Athens.
        I think Lagat ran the PERFECT race for himself and still lost. Any other scenario and Lagat loses by more.
        I thought he kicked too soon.

Had he timed it better I thought he would have won.
        The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

Originally posted by guruof track

The last 200m he ran was in 2007, Shanghai in a -0.30 wind and he ran 20.00. That was his only 200m for the season. As for the 19.90 PR set in 2006 in Kingston I believe... that was also the only one he ran that season that he completed.

Asafa Powell has a very very very bad history with curves, if I see him running a curve I seriously worry.

Comment

[quote=t_monk]
            Originally posted by "guruof track":7oknzkbm

Asafa Powell has a very very very bad history with curves, if I see him running a curve I seriously worry.
            [/quote:7oknzkbm]

Mr. Powell also has a very bad history with the 100m . Just ask the meet promoters who have paid him big bucks to run - only to have him dog it Now that he is no longer a threat to break the WR in 100m, his market value has gone way down. Mr. Powell needs to focus on the 100 and trying to maintain his position as 3rd best 100m man in the world - which isn't a bad place to be.

Comment

Working...
            X