Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Credit to US middle, long distance runners

Have to give our men and women credit. I've been critical of middle and long distance running in the US, but we seem to be improving. It is, at least, nice to see USA shirts in finals of these races. Long, long way to go, but it seems that progress is being made.

Re: Credit to US middle, long distance runners

Have to give our men and women credit. I've been critical of middle and long distance running in the US, but we seem to be improving. It is, at least, nice to see USA shirts in finals of these races. Long, long way to go, but it seems that progress is being made.
    Amen to that Brother BilVol!!!

Comment

I analyzed USA men's distance running (1500 & up) at all OG and WC since WWII.

http://track-superfan.blogspot.com/2009 ... orlds.html

Conclusion? Only Tokyo '64 was better all-around than Berlin '09. This year the USA equaled its best-ever showing in terms of top-8 finishes, and was only off its best medal total by 1.

Once you take out the 800, you see it's historically been pretty slim pickings for the USA. In 5 distance events, we've never had more than two golds, three medals, or six top-eight finishes in a single championship.

Comment

Interesting stuff. Good blog, too!

Comment

Working...
        X