• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes the latest schedule shows two preliminary races in the 100

http://www.weltklasse.ch/en/meeting/tim ... tlist.html

Comment

Originally posted by teunissa
      It looks like there are going to be multiple heats of the 100 now.....or something goofy is going on with their start lists. I
      http://www.weltklasse.ch/en/meeting/startlist.html
      Yeah I may have to wait for lists on IAAF.org

Comment

The real explanation is that even though they may be listed as such on the Z site, those aren't "start lists" they're "entry lists."

Comment

Originally posted by guruof track
          I won't say Powell ate his lunch, Powell did win the leg, but he didnt just leave the guy standing still.
          Sure looked like it to me.
          They got the baton nearly even with Powell in the lead.
          Then Powell extended it.
          The times were what, 37.32 to 37.62?
          I think the race wouldve been even closer had the U.S. been in.
          I still say Thompson isnt where he was in Beijing.

Comment

Originally posted by scratchman
            Originally posted by guruof track
            I won't say Powell ate his lunch, Powell did win the leg, but he didnt just leave the guy standing still.
            Then Powell extended it.
            Powell got the baton ahead of Thompson. I've watched the tape several times. As I said Powell won the leg.

Comment

[quote=guruof track]
              Originally posted by "guruof track":1bszmozx
              Then Powell extended it.
              I still say Thompson isnt where he was in Beijing.--- Thompson was in a car accident in December, but his 4th place 9.93 is good for coming back this year.
              He helped T&T to a new NR of 37.62, which is faster than what they did in Beijing!!!!!

Powell got the baton ahead of Thompson. I've watched the tape several times. As I said Powell won the leg.[/quote:1bszmozx] That's very true, Asafa was ahead of Thompson, but I wonder what their splits were.

Comment

[quote=DJ_Expanium][quote="Paul Henry":342vv3u0]Wonder how much more speed we could get out of him if we threw on 5lbs of pecs on him?[/quote] Interesting or by adding 10 pounds of muscles. I didn't know that Thompson was in a car accident back in December. Did any one else know that? [url="http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sports/html/20090824T210000-0500_158172_OBS_THOMPSON_THRILLED_BY_RETURN_TO_FIT NESS_FOLLOWING_CAR_ACCIDENT.asp"]http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sports/h ... CIDENT.asp[/url]

His efforts of finishing 4th in 9.93 and setting a new 4x100 NR of 37.62 are both noteworthy.[/quote:342vv3u0]
                As a Baton Rouge resident, I knew about the accident when it happened. It set him back a lot further than most people are aware of. He was wearing a neck-brace at one time, and he couldn't get back to regular training regimen for a couple of months. All things considered, I think he's proved that his silver medal in Beijing was no fluke, a la Kim Collins, and he's younger than Powell and Gay.

Comment

Thompson proved himself as a championship performer, with an injury free season he could get down to low 9.8's and some of the most impressive first 60m's ever.

I think he can get 60m WR if he wanted to, but so could a few athletes.

What was his first 60m in Beijing??? If he improves by a tenth you can take a couple of 100ths off that.

Comment

[quote=jazzcyclist][quote=DJ_Expanium]
                    Originally posted by Paul Henry":2f05yzr4]Wonder how much more speed we could get out of him if we threw on 5lbs of pecs on him?[/quote] Interesting or by adding 10 pounds of muscles. I didn't know that Thompson was in a car accident back in December. Did any one else know that? [url="http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sports/html/20090824T210000-0500_158172_OBS_THOMPSON_THRILLED_BY_RETURN_TO_FIT NESS_FOLLOWING_CAR_ACCIDENT.asp
                    http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sports/h ... CIDENT.asp[/url]

His efforts of finishing 4th in 9.93 and setting a new 4x100 NR of 37.62 are both noteworthy.
                    As a Baton Rouge resident, I knew about the accident when it happened. It set him back a lot further than most people are aware of. He was wearing a neck-brace at one time, and he couldn't get back to regular training regimen for a couple of months. All things considered, I think he's proved that his silver medal in Beijing was no fluke, a la Kim Collins, and he's younger than Powell and Gay.[/quote:2f05yzr4] I agree with you and he's only 24......I think he'll improve more within the next couple of years....low 9.8s or high 9.7s.

Comment

[quote=guruof track]
                      Originally posted by "guruof track":2txjgeye
                      Then Powell extended it.
                      Powell got the baton ahead of Thompson. I've watched the tape several times. As I said Powell won the leg.[/quote:2txjgeye]
                      As I said.

Comment

Powell's split was 8.73.. Thompson got his guts cut out by Powell. I think he was a 8.9x or something. not bad for running with injury.

Comment

Originally posted by RamGoat
                          Powell's split was 8.73.. Thompson got his guts cut out by Powell. I think he was a 8.9x or something. not bad for running with injury.
                          Do you know Bolt's split?

Comment

Powell has normally looked sensational post-WC/Olympics.

Obviously no one here knows how much the injury has effected his training the last week!

Without any injury doubts I would think he could provide a good challenge to Bolt, who has probably taken his foot off the gas post games :-)

Comment

1 MBANDJOCK, Martial FRA 10.06 10.11
                              2 FRATER, Michael JAM 9.97 10.02
                              3 PATTON, Darvis USA 9.89 9.98
                              4 BOLT, Usain JAM 9.58 9.58
                              5 POWELL, Asafa JAM 9.72 9.84
                              6 THOMPSON, Richard TRI 9.89 9.98
                              7 BURNS, Marc TRI 9.96 10.00
                              8 RODGERS, Michael USA 9.94 9.94
                              9 EDGAR, Tyrone GBR 10.06 10.09

Comment

i think i just saw lerone clarke win the b race in 9.99
                                why don't people pronounce vowels anymore

Comment

Working...
                                X