Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DentyCracker
    i think i just saw lerone clarke win the b race in 9.99
    And with a legal wind. He is now the 8th Jamaican to run sub-10 legally, and the second this year to do so for the first time. His previous pb was 10.08 from earlier this year.

Flash Quotes
    21:31 Asafa POWELL (JAM)
    This race gives me a lot of assurance that I can win the races. Just need to work more on the last part of the race. Now I know that I can also beat Usain when everything works out fine for me.

It seems that Asafa's entire race is now a work in progress. Certainly his start has changed so lets see what they can do about his finish.
    Regards,
    toyracer

Comment

This was the type of race where Gay can and will beat Bolt with a decent start.

Comment

Originally posted by jpaule
        Bolt : 9.58 + 19.19

Do you have much else to say?

Comment

Originally posted by track_expert
          Bolt : 9.58 + 19.19

Do you have much else to say?
          You know what Franno said????? :?:

Comment

Originally posted by toyracer
            Just need to work more on the last part of the race.
            obviously combo of injury recovery/self-deprecation

he ran ~ 6.38/3.39 wr 3y ago here

perfect finish

Comment

Agreed.
              Winners do their maths, but you are not guarenteed a win by doing your math.

Comment

So Gay would run 9.80 then... Hmm tall order.. Remember he would be tired after WC.. I agree this is the TYPE of race were Tyson CAN win, but I am not too sure if he would win this exact race. hmmm...

Comment

bolt is human, he is getting tired i think. he did not get a good start this time and did not accelerate as well as in berlin. didn't he say that the end of his season is near ?

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmuWtqiZrgI
                    Afrikan

Comment

Sometimes i wonder which race are some of you guys watching . It was so clear that the casual track fan would see that Bolt was gauging his race, he does it all the time. If Gay was in the race and wanted to challenge Bolt, Bolt would have ran a different race and the time would be faster, no doubt about it.

One Love!
                      One Love!!!

Comment

Originally posted by onlooker
                        Sometimes i wonder which race are some of you guys watching . It was so clear that the casual track fan would see that Bolt was gauging his race, he does it all the time. If Gay was in the race and wanted to challenge Bolt, Bolt would have ran a different race and the time would be faster, no doubt about it.

One Love!
                        Yea, have to say that Bolt essentially sand-bagged that one. Keyed off Powell and could have done whatever was needed.

Comment

Like Onlooker said Bolt did enough to win the race..

Let's see what Brussels brings us :wink:

Comment

One Love!
                            You obviously didn't see the scare that was on his face for a moment. And of cause concerning Gay. I already commented that above.

Comment

Originally posted by Frans Rutten

One Love!
                              You obviously didn't see the scare that was on his face for a moment. And of cause concerning Gay. I already commented that above.
                              Franz, I guess, Onlooker is saying Bolt intentionally got a bad start.

Comment

Originally posted by Frans Rutten

One Love!
                                Franz, I guess, Onlooker is saying Bolt intentionally got a bad start.
                                Sure, and SAF forgot to unlock the brakes of her engine.
                                Apparently some posters think, that Bolt can do anything. Onlooker probably watched too many "Felix the cat or whatever" tv-cartoons.

Since Bolt has such an overwhelming superiority he can correct mistakes or mishaps like no one else.

As I see it. What Bolt did in Zürich no other athlet on this planet would have pulled through giving the exact situation Bolt found himself in.

Comment

Working...
                                X