X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by malmo
    Originally posted by DrJay
    With that kind of leap, does anyone reckon he has a 12:49 in him someday?
    Wow, maybe not. Ritz's is 114th all-time performance. There are only 20 performances, by 10 men, under 12:50.
    So?
    OK, you're right. My attitude would keep me at 114th. The moxie Ritz showed today may get him under 12:50.

Comment

Is there any plans for Ritzenhein running in Brussels?

I'm sure they would love to have him.

Comment

OK, you're right. My attitude would keep me at 114th. The moxie Ritz showed today may get him under 12:50.
        The most powerful muscle in the body resides in the 6 inches between the ears.

If you ran 12:56, that's might impressive regardless of attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by cubop

I'm pretty sure that after such a marvelous performance he wouldn't want to run another 5k. Why not end the season on a high?

Comment

Originally posted by cubop

he said in an interview before zurich, he would run the 5k at brussels next week (he also mentioned this could be changed to a 3k if k. bekele request's it) and then probably a half marathon possibly the world champs half marathon on october 11th, and then shutting down for a few months.

Comment

In his Berlin Flocast interview, Ritz was bummed because Brussels does not have a 10K on its programme this year.

Comment

The resurgence is a full-blown levee break....

Thanks to the big-3 (yes 3). The next 4-8 years will be fun.

Comment

Just saw his post race interview, what a great kid! He did run 8:40 something as a junior so very talented and now he's really done it. Also his coach gets some credit! here's his splits-

Ritz's Splits
                  30.9 [15th], 61.8 [1:32.7] [15th],
                  61.8 [2:34.5] [15th], 61.3 [3:35.8] [15th],
                  62.7 [4:38.5] [15th], 62.2 [5:40.7] [14th],
                  62.8 [6:43.5] [12th], 63.9 [7:47.4] [11th],
                  62.9 [8:50.3] [9th], 62.9 [9:53.2] [8th],
                  62.5 [10:55.7] [7th], 60.4 [11:56.1] [3rd],
                  60.2 [3rd]
                  2:00.6 for his last 800, 4:06 last 1600.
                  August 28, 2009
                  phsstt!

Comment

Mr. Ritz moves to train with Mr. Rupp. Mr. Webb moves to train with Mr. Ritz (and Mr. Rupp). When healthy and rested in 2010, what have the 3 of them in store?
                    Fire Impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by 3
                      Mr. Ritz moves to train with Mr. Rupp. Mr. Webb moves to train with Mr. Ritz (and Mr. Rupp). When healthy and rested in 2010, what have the 3 of them in store?
                      Yep, as if Webb needed anymore proof that he made the right decision! What will we see? As Dave said in the movie 2010, " Wonderful things."
                      phsstt!

Comment

Major kudos to Dathan!!!!!!!!!!!! I was there for the 1995 version of Weltklasse when we saw 13 and 7 broken for the first time, and I am equally impressed by how Dathan decided to run this race. He did not run from hope, he went out and ran and competed. He was in second with 100 to go and it filled me with pride.
                        Now I hope others follow and step up. Rupp is a beast, I just pray he takes what is important from Dathan's race, and it is not the damn splits

Comment

Ritz's is 114th all-time performance. There are only 20 performances, by 10 men, under 12:50.
                          Where do you find stats like that?

Amazing run by Ritz.

This should be the end of his season on the track.

Comment

Re: Weltklasse m5000

Originally posted by Dutra
                            Originally posted by malmo
                            Originally posted by Dutra

I heard Geb ran a race in Atlanta sometime shortly before the Zurich race.....but I could be wrong.....and that he mentioned he had blister or feet issues from that effort.
                            And ... what does that have with the price of tea in China?
                            "inexplicably walked in the last 100m after going toe-to-toe with Komen."

blisters....Geb said...feet hurt....Olympic 10,000m
                            Feet fine for 4900m, not fine for 100m? Blisters do that? I have a bridge in Brooklyn for sale.

Comment

Re: Weltklasse m5000

Originally posted by kuha

No. It was "surprising"; it was "unexpected"; it was even "shocking"; but it was not "inexplicable." The only truly inexplicable thing in this years-long debate is your love affair with that particular word--a word that, in this instance, is really not appropriate or accurate.
                              I'm not aware of a years-long debate. You are the one who seems to be obsessed with such nonsense.

4900 at WR pace stride-for-stride with Komen the whole way in the biggest 5k of the year, then suddenly jogs the last 100m. That's inexplicable is ever there is a word for it.

Comment

43rd performer all time.

http://www.iaaf.org/statistics/toplists ... etail.html

Originally posted by dunes runner
                                Ritz's is 114th all-time performance. There are only 20 performances, by 10 men, under 12:50.
                                Where do you find stats like that?

Amazing run by Ritz.

This should be the end of his season on the track.

Comment

Working...
                                X