Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 x 1500 relay in Van Damme meet

Not a bad idea........probably would have been hipper to have a distance medley but that's fine...the website says it is a provisional program.

What teams?

I guess U.S, G.B, Australia, Ethiopia, Kenya, South Africa, Morroco, Algeria, Canada, France, Bahrain, Spain, Germany, Ireland and maybe Poland ?

Anyone missing here?

The MVD 4x1500 will not be featuring 15 teams - that would be a circus from several different perspectives, as well as compromising an optimum competitive environment. The successful 4x800 WR event staged in '06 featured 6 teams, of which two were "all-star" type teams. Look for the same format this year.

Comment

Aussie 5000m finalist Collis Bimringham did mention something about an Aussie team running. I guess if the WC folks are still around, that'd be (by season's best):

3.32.93 Jeff Riseley
      3.34.39 Jeremy Roff
      3.37.01 Collis Birmingham
      3.37.24 Ryan Gregson

Given Aussie record is 15:17.91 (3.49.25 average), you'd expect that to get walloped...

Comment

I think it would be pointless If it includes made up teams of different nationalities.

I wanna see countries battling it out.

And yes....15 teams is a bit much....10 doesnt sound too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by cubop
          I think it would be pointless If it includes made up teams of different nationalities.

I wanna see countries battling it out.

And yes....15 teams is a bit much....10 doesnt sound too bad.
          I love the idea...more 4x15's, 4x8's 4x2's. How about a 4x8 or 4x15 or some type of medley at the WCH?

Comment

Re: 4 x 1500 relay in Van Damme meet

Originally posted by cubop
            Not a bad idea........probably would have been hipper to have a distance medley but that's fine.....
            being "hip" has nothing to do with it; the DM unknown to European fans, so no guarantee they'd find it anything but a circus sideshow. More importantly, the 4x15 is an official WR event, and if the Kenyans can crack that nut, it's great publicity for the meet.

Comment

Kenyan team announced as Choge, Kiprop, Biwott and Gathimba, which isn't too shabby!
              I'd rather see the 10000 back in the schedule though.

Comment

And the time to beat is:

14:38.8 Federal Republic of Germany Köln 16.08.1977

That is 3.39.70 on average, should be manageble for Kenya.

Comment

Working...
                X