Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SWE vs FIN '09 (Christian Olsson a ghost of his former self)

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWE vs FIN '09 (Christian Olsson a ghost of his former self)

http://www.finnkampen.se/

Both teams have been announced today...

Swedish team: http://www.friidrott.se/elit/uttag/utta ... .aspx#vfin
    Finnish team: http://tinyurl.com/neq8w4

Will need to study the teams a bit before I can predict how much we're going to win the main (men's and women's) competitions by.

My 1st prediction sheet indicates a Finnish victory by 2 points in men's comp, so our Swedish cousins should be in for a thriller that builds their hopes up and then squashes them into pulp at the very end.

Comment

Where are EPelle, pela, etc? I feel like doing some trash talking.

Comment

Originally posted by nbonaddio
        Where are EPelle, pela, etc? I feel like doing some trash talking.
        I miss EPelle's posts. Haven't seen him around in quite a while.

Comment

No matter what way I add the numbers up Sweden is the favorite on women's side, but at least they got off with a dispiriting start. Moa Larsson, a 100m hurdler, was extremely happy to be selected into the team for the first time - only to be told the next day the supposed selection had been an accident and she didn't belong in the team after all. So she became extremely sad and angry instead and made that very, very clear - she refused the reserve spot, resigned from absolutely anything involving the meet or Swedish national team and is now apparently contemplating retiring.

Heja Sverige! :twisted:

Comment

Originally posted by LopenUupunut
            No matter what way I add the numbers up Sweden is the favorite on women's side, but at least they got off with a dispiriting start. Moa Larsson, a 100m hurdler, was extremely happy to be selected into the team for the first time - only to be told the next day the supposed selection had been an accident and she didn't belong in the team after all. So she became extremely sad and angry instead and made that very, very clear - she refused the reserve spot, resigned from absolutely anything involving the meet or Swedish national team and is now apparently contemplating retiring.

If Soumi doesn't win with >+30 points on the men's side I will be really surprised.... (even if C. Olsson will compete in the TJ)

Comment

Originally posted by pela2

If Soumi doesn't win with >+30 points on the men's side I will be really surprised.... (even if C. Olsson will compete in the TJ)
              Pela, call up EPelle. Lopen and I challenge you to a decathlon. I will do five out of the ten, he will do the other five, you do the same and we will truly see who is the stronger nation!

Comment

Originally posted by nbonaddio
                Originally posted by pela2

Pela, call up EPelle. Lopen and I challenge you to a decathlon. I will do five out of the ten, he will do the other five, you do the same and we will truly see who is the stronger nation!

Oh, and don't try to pull any fast ones like calling up Wiberg and trying to convince me him and EPelle are one and the same either!

Comment

I'll do the 1500 and make up for all the damage I did in my first four events by making sure the other guy doesn't even finish. :lol:

Comment

I am most curious on how long Christian Olsson will jump in TJ. He said on sport-news today his training has been working very fine. I think it will be bad weather this weekend, so maybe not that long after all.

Then it is a huge dissapontment that Sweden refuse any one under age 18! They prefer to put some loser instead of Angelica Bengtsson who recently jumped 4.37 PV, only 16 years old. They showed her training on sport-news, the bar was at 4.20 and she stream-jumped over 4.20, some jumpes with a HUUUGEE margin, hard to say but looked close to 4.50 Just look in this link after 2 min 8 sec
                    http://svtplay.se/v/1669116/friidrott/b ... _orattvist.

Comment

Seems like the ideal setting for someone of her age to gain some experience. Maybe they are afraid she will be signed up by a film studio.

Comment

I wondered about that, too. It's not even as though your girl team really needs her... But if you want to go out of your way to give us a chance I won't complain.

Comment

Yes. And now the Finnish Pole Vaulter will score 16-6 or 15-7 I think. I think Bengtsson could have won or be 2nd in PV.

The same thing now with Sandra Wagner, only 17 years old, she just ran in the youth-competion about 1 hour ago or so in 53.04 (!) in 400 meters in cold and rainy conditions. But... she is to young to compete in the senior-comeption. I think she will run the 4x400 for Sweden though.

Comment

Talking of the youth comps, Johan Rogestedt - World Youth Champ over 800m this year - appears to be running two distances for the Swedish boys here: the 3000m and the 4x400 relay. Now what's up with that?!

By the way my predictions for day 1 (so it's hopefully easier to see who's on top after first about-half):

Men - Day 1: FIN 93 - SWE 90 (eventual total: FIN 206 - SWE 204)
                            Women - Day 1: FIN 111 - SWE 116 (eventual total: FIN 195 - SWE 215)

Comment

Finland walked away with the separate walk competition (26-18, with 1st places in both men's 10k and women's 5k).

Comment

Working...
                              X