Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SWE vs FIN '09 (Christian Olsson a ghost of his former self)

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LopenUupunut
    replied
    Originally posted by Per Andersen
    Originally posted by LopenUupunut
    13.48 big PB in w100mH for 16-yo Nooralotta Neziri. Only 0.02 off WYL I think
    She ran 13.44 in Bressanone. WYL is 13.20. Pedersen from Norge :lol:
    Those are with the even lower hurdles. This 13.48 was with the merely low (women's) hurdles. The WYL with those is 13.46 I think - still Pedersen from Norge, so you don't lose out.

Re: her name, she's ethnically half Finnish (mother) and half Macedonian (father), and her name is equally half Finnish (given name) and half Macedonian (surname).

Leave a comment:

• Daisy
    replied
    Originally posted by 72
    Loved the mens 1500m...4.21 :roll:
    That's what happens when you run 80sec for the first 400m !

Leave a comment:

replied
    What quality stuff throughout the meet.!!!

Have the performances ever been worse or are these a record. Loved the mens 1500m...4.21 :roll:

Leave a comment:

• nbonaddio
    replied
    Originally posted by pela2
    Originally posted by 3
    Who won this competition between decathletes from Finland and the heptathlete Mr. Larsson from Sweden?
    It was a no show of the decathletes....

In the dual match Sweden won the men's competitions with 208-200 amd also the women's match with 213-197
    I/we claim victory in the Decathlon of Athletics Message Board Commentary.

It was nice to see Valtimaki give Wissman a run. That 3:09 though..I have to hold myself back from considering quitting my job and having a run for that myself.

Leave a comment:

• Daisy
    replied
    Originally posted by pela2
    http://88.131.109.176/finnkamp09/resultat.php
    For those intrigued by the title of this thread.

Christian Olsson 16.12 (1.8), 16.61 (1.0), - , 16.51 (3.2), - , X (1.3).

Leave a comment:

• Per Andersen
    replied
    She ran 13.44 in Bressanone. WYL is 13.20. Pedersen from Norge :lol:

Leave a comment:

• cacique
    replied
    such a typical finnish name!

Leave a comment:

• pela2
    replied
    Results can be found at

http://88.131.109.176/finnkamp09/resultat.php

Leave a comment:

• pela2
    replied
    Originally posted by 3
    Who won this competition between decathletes from Finland and the heptathlete Mr. Larsson from Sweden?
    It was a no show of the decathletes....

In the dual match Sweden won the men's competitions with 208-200 amd also the women's match with 213-197

Leave a comment:

replied

Leave a comment:

• pela2
    replied
    I hope the Finnish 800 guys realize they have to take Joni Jaako out during the first lap... :twisted:
    :wink: I didn't went to well huuuu? 8-)

Leave a comment:

• LopenUupunut
    replied

Leave a comment:

• LopenUupunut
    replied
    I hope the Finnish 800 guys realize they have to take Joni Jaako out during the first lap... :twisted:

Leave a comment:

• Elival
    replied
    Talking of the youth comps, Johan Rogestedt - World Youth Champ over 800m this year - appears to be running two distances for the Swedish boys here: the 3000m and the 4x400 relay. Now what's up with that?!

By the way my predictions for day 1 (so it's hopefully easier to see who's on top after first about-half):

Men - Day 1: FIN 93 - SWE 90 (eventual total: FIN 206 - SWE 204)
    Women - Day 1: FIN 111 - SWE 116 (eventual total: FIN 195 - SWE 215)
    Yes that Rogestedt is a huge talent. He was 16 seconds ahead of nearest opponent in that 3000 m race and seems to be able to run everything. When he won the WYC he was very strong in the finnish. Now he proves he can run solo races also.

Martina Salander looked good in the 4x100 youth-relay. Maybe she is one of the best talents of all in Sweden (ok, Bengtsson is probably more talented), she ran 11.92 at age 15 and is good in many Heptathlon-like events like Long Jump and Shot Put. People here in Sweden thinks she might be a bigger talent than Klüft was at age 15 (2 years ago). She has had many injuries last year or 2 and is now back on track. London 2012 will be very interesting in the Heptathlon with hopefully Salander, Jessica Ennis and the young Brittsh heptathlete that I don´t remember what is her name at the moment. She won the WYC this year.

Leave a comment:

• LopenUupunut
    replied
    After 1st day...
    Men: FIN 92 - SWE 89 (exactly the predicted 3 point lead for Finland)
    Women: FIN 110 - SWE 117 (Sweden very slightly up on my projections).

I hereby declare my predictions a success so far. Something good at least. :wink:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X