• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bolt Says Yes to LJ, No to 400m

http://www.comcast.net/articles/sports- ... Long.Jump/

Slightly different than the article on the home page:

http://sport.stv.tv/world-sport/119004- ... long-jump/

Okay, he's coming after Carl.

If you want to be the king ala Jesse and Carl...you gotta win the long jump too.

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/beijin ... oly,185544
    The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

The discomfort associated with training effectively for the 400m cannot appeal to someone accustomed to destroying the competition in the 100m and 200m, regardless of potential ability. He is having way too good of a time. 8-)

Comment

I gotta agree TNT.

The 400 aint no joke.

Besides the traditional route has been the sprint double and the long jump.
        The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

That decision won't sit to well with all those who said the 400m record was Bolt's for the taking.
          on the road

Comment

Originally posted by Speedfirst
            That decision won't sit to well with all those who said the 400m record was Bolt's for the taking.
            Why is he asking his coach's advice, Franno runs that island.

Comment

I've learned my lesson about doubting Mr. Bolt. Last year after his double gold OG WRs, I emphatically stated that he would never exceed that accomplishment. If he takes up LJing seriously, I don't see 9m as a huge obstacle. His already elevated CG will give him an advantage and then there's that 9.58 speed. :shock:

Comment

Originally posted by Speedfirst
                They'll have to hang out with the guys who want Wariner to run the 800m! :lol:

Comment

I firmly believe tht Bolt could run sub 43.5 today. I think the 400 is easier to master than the LJ.

Comment

I'm not sure Bolt would get the pacing right to run a 43.5 "cold" at this point, but throw him on a relay and I see him down close to 43-flat. Not a scintilla of doubt in my mind.

Comment

I want him to run the 400 dammit and there is a little devil on my shoulder who says, (if he insists on the long jump), he hopes Bolt goes for the world record, sprints down the runway and as he hits the takeoff board.........his leg breaks in half. :twisted:
                      phsstt!

Comment

I can agree with Bolt's decision not to run the 400m. He just said "NO" to pain.
                        Now, if he doesn't break his damn ankle planting on the LJ take off or break his neck on the landing, he might not screw up his real game the 100, 200.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                          I'm not sure Bolt would get the pacing right to run a 43.5 "cold" at this point, but throw him on a relay and I see him down close to 43-flat. Not a scintilla of doubt in my mind.
                          FloJo did that type of performance.

I think that there is also less 'risk' to his image. If he does not get the LJ, it can be chalked up to transferring to a completely different and new event. If he does not get the 400 it is an inability to run the other sprint distance and detracts more from his aura.

I forgot to add that the LJ seems to be a bit of a dig back at Carl, who has been less than generous in his comments.

Comment

Bolt has to run the 400. That's the best way to get Wariner to move to the 800!

Comment

Originally posted by dj
                              Bolt has to run the 400. That's the best way to get Wariner to move to the 800!
                              Which moves Kaki to the 1500 and Kiprop to the 5,000.
                              phsstt!

Comment

Working...
                              X