Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Universal's track meet coverage on the internet

Wow, I just love it. If Universal was a woman I would marry it.

Yes, it was quite enjoyable, even though my "air card" connection made it a bit jumpy. It's supposed to be high bandwidth, but that's relatively speaking of course. I'm sure if I'd been home with my fiber optic bandwidth, it would have been great.
    I was over in javelin territory (Latvia) in June (in the home town of greatest-of-all-time Janis Lusis), and I'm making another trip over there in 4 weeks (with a side trip to Rome), but nothing beats Zurich, even watching it on the net like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Treadway
      Yes, it was quite enjoyable, even though my "air card" connection made it a bit jumpy. It's supposed to be high bandwidth, but that's relatively speaking of course. I'm sure if I'd been home with my fiber optic bandwidth, it would have been great.
      I was over in javelin territory (Latvia) in June (in the home town of greatest-of-all-time Janis Lusis), and I'm making another trip over there in 4 weeks (with a side trip to Rome), but nothing beats Zurich, even watching it on the net like this.
      Good gracious...I'm betting you have a super charged John Deer mower with rims on it. :lol: :lol:

Comment

I thought they were a bit skimpy on keeping us up to date on results this time. And they still insist-while the last laps of a track race are coming up-on lingering on field eventers long after their performance.

Comment

[quote=Paul Henry]
          Originally posted by "Randy Treadway":2x7k0647
          Good gracious...I'm betting you have a super charged John Deer mower with rims on it. :lol: :lol:[/quote:2x7k0647]

No, my mower is a Honda.
          My brother is the John Deer mower man- he has a mowing business back east. But he's grown to hate them because they break down all the time.

As for Lusis, I didn't realize that Jelgava is his home town until I came up on the city stadium and his name is on it. I said to my host 'hey, I know who that is!!!' and they said, yes he grew up here and still lives in the area- he is very famous. But the host said that Lusis' son also tried the javelin but was bad at it. (but I checked, and the son was still good enough to make the Olympic team).
          Lusis, of course, competed for the Soviet Union while they "occupied" Latvia, as the locals now like to say. Back in "Soviet Union occupation times".
          You can tell where the cut off happened- all the people my age had to learn Russian in school even though it wasn't their native language--- now all kids have to learn English instead of Russian. The age cutoff for who knows Russian versus English tells the story.

Comment

I'm speechless :

Comment

Re: Universal's track meet coverage on the internet

Originally posted by dukehjsteve
              Wow, I just love it. If Universal was a woman I would marry it.
              Not a chance I'd let you have her. Pistols at dawn. I bet, there would be plenty of suitors after we do each other in :wink: .
              "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
              by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Working...
              X