Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big 12 championships

There's a lot of performances that deserve some note here, especially Wariner's 45.78 and Bookman's 20.58.

Re: Big 12 championships

>There's a lot of performances that deserve some note here, especially Wariner's
    >45.78 and Bookman's 20.58.

agreed! as a former big ten athlete, i was also very interested in the big ten results. a bit of an anti-climax considering how fast willis has already run this year, but still, there were a bunch of meet and track records that were broken (3000, 800, 600.. i think). looking at the results, i wasn't overly surprised, but i think back to my michigan days and know that i would be shocked if the times at big tens back then were as fast as they are today(and at other conferences for that matter). way to go NCAA track!

Comment

Grrr! I'm still highly annoyed that both Texas teams lost. The men got trounced. As for the women, they tried their best, but damn -- what can you do when you score 159 points AND LOSE? Nebraska had scorers coming out of every nook and cranny of their arena.
      "Run fast and keep turning left."

Comment

Nebraska's teams were truly amazing at these championships, especially on the men's side. I don't know how they keep producing such huge scores at the indoor conferences each year, but outdoor is always a different story for them. My team had a pretty paltry performance unfortunately, but we're always stronger outdoors.

Comment

This was the second year in a row the meet was at Nebraska. They need to move it. Just like the Nationals always in Boston. Iowa State and Nebraska both have very nice in-door tracks and should think about hosting an in-door national. The Masters Nationals in-doors are at Boston almost every year and the out-doors with this year being an exception(Ill.) are always on the east or West coast. Nothing like having a central location so fans and athletes from all over can ahve an equal shot at attending. Can not wait for the Drake Relays.

Comment

The Iowa State track, while nice, and techinically indoors, is not really an indoor track. There really is not enough in the way of seating at either of these venues to host a national championship.

Comment

Nebraska has hosted the NAIA national indoor meet and has more seating than the Reggie Lewis Center in Boston by far. Iowa State on the other has very little seating, but is a track that the athletes would love to run on.

Comment

Nebraska has hosted the Big 12 Indoors nearly every year. Only once in the last 5 years has it been at Iowa state. It is simply the best facility to host the meet, the others aren't really capable of hosting a good championship meet. It does give them a nice home field advantage every year though.

Comment

Working...
                X