Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next World Record in Track & Field

Zürich felt like a hangover. Ok, some good performances like Isinbayeva and Thorkildsen and a few more. But Bolt, Stewart, Frasier etc. looked tired or uninspired. With Brüssel coming up next friday and a few more meetings, I was wondering, will there be another World Record this year?

Maybe Isinbayeva can set a new WR, she seems either in shape or just pissed off coz she lost in Berlin Maybe that loss motivated her in a good way.

I think if Usain get good conditions with warm weather etc. that he can improve record, especially if Powell can push him like he did in Zürich.

Maybe Melaine Walker can set a new WR, she was very close in Berlin, but for some reason the best times in women 400 hurdles comes in the championships !?

I don´t think the female HJ will see any WR this year. Friedrich and Blasic don´t look like WR-shape.

I think also that the men´s 3000 steeple can give us a new record. Many runner with possibilitie to go under 8:00 and with right pace in the start and many still in the run with 2 laps to go or so, then they might push each other close to the WR. I think Tahri might be the one that set the new record, he look hot now.

Other possible WR with right conditions might be set in men´s Marathon or women´s Hammer Throw.

But... to answer my own question, I think that Caster Semenya will be the next WR holder. I think if someone invite her she will set a new WR next time she run. Just give her a good pace-maker for the first 400 meter and with the right weather-conditions... Caster can crush the WR! I would not be surprised if she get under 1:50 one day, that race in Berlin was one of the most impressive performance I have seen. I hope she is not a man as some say and I don´t think she is either.

As much as we all would love to see Semenya run again this season, her appearance in Europe at a big meet is something I doubt seriously. Obviously we can all fill in the reasons. Bolt is done. Bekele is gunning for the money. Isi is just too good to rule out another WR. She is really the only possibility.

Comment

Isi might break it several times before the year is out to make up for the prize money she lost in Berlin.

Comment

Re: Next World Record in Track & Field

Originally posted by Elival
        Zürich felt like a hangover. Ok, some good performances like Isinbayeva and Thorkildsen and a few more. But Bolt, Stewart, Frasier etc. looked tired or uninspired. With Brüssel coming up next friday and a few more meetings, I was wondering, will there be another World Record this year?

Maybe Isinbayeva can set a new WR, she seems either in shape or just pissed off coz she lost in Berlin Maybe that loss motivated her in a good way.

I think if Usain get good conditions with warm weather etc. that he can improve record, especially if Powell can push him like he did in Zürich.

Maybe Melaine Walker can set a new WR, she was very close in Berlin, but for some reason the best times in women 400 hurdles comes in the championships !?

I don´t think the female HJ will see any WR this year. Friedrich and Blasic don´t look like WR-shape.

I think also that the men´s 3000 steeple can give us a new record. Many runner with possibilitie to go under 8:00 and with right pace in the start and many still in the run with 2 laps to go or so, then they might push each other close to the WR. I think Tahri might be the one that set the new record, he look hot now.

Other possible WR with right conditions might be set in men´s Marathon or women´s Hammer Throw.

But... to answer my own question, I think that Caster Semenya will be the next WR holder. I think if someone invite her she will set a new WR next time she run. Just give her a good pace-maker for the first 400 meter and with the right weather-conditions... Caster can crush the WR! I would not be surprised if she get under 1:50 one day, that race in Berlin was one of the most impressive performance I have seen. I hope she is not a man as some say and I don´t think she is either.
        There is a lot of magic thinking in your post. People are by no means machines which you can program, although some posters think that Bolt is the exception .

Isinbayeva could, but don't take that as a certainty.

The World Marathon Record could fall again. Sure.

Friedrich and Vlasic aren't in WR-shape, but a 2,10m is way out of their league for the moment. They even don't meet their own standards, frankly. Top sport is a very delicate balance these days. The demands on and outside of the field are huge but also lucrative, so I don't pity them. But they face much more than on lower levels the problem of what Germans call "Substanz Verlust"or plain losing substance.

The SC is a vivid event, but faces the same problem as all the other middle and long distance events up to 10K.

And Caster Semenya. I better not comment but I must ad predominantly from a performance profiling point of view. The sensitive part left aside.

And as right pacing is concerned. Unless you far superior than other contempary athletes you're not in a position to fool around with pacing.
        Unless your name is Wang Yunxia in 1993 or Daniel Komen in 1996.

If the necessary energy production to run the calculated WR can't be met, there is no pacing strategy in the world that will do the trick.

Comment

I dont think there will be anymore sprint records this season.
          Bolts tired and uninspired. But if he and Tyson race again, I think we'll see another fast time. And actually, if ever a time that Bolt is vulnerable to a Tyson Gay, its now. Theres nothing else to run for except money.
          If I were Gay, I'd race him again soon.

Comment

Originally posted by scratchman
            Bolts tired and uninspired. But if he and Tyson race again, I think we'll see another fast time. And actually, if ever a time that Bolt is vulnerable to a Tyson Gay, its now. Theres nothing else to run for except money.
            My understanding at the meet was that Gay would head home to have the groin surgery that he needs. The 4x1 became moot, but he wasn't at WK, and that should have been a big payday.

Comment

Tyson Gay is still on the start list for the 100 in Gateshead on Monday. It will be interesting to see what he produces.

Comment

Originally posted by scratchman
                I remember Rieti last year. Powell did bad at the Olympics but ran 9.72 in Rieti. Try to get Usain to Rieti and that high altitude and Powell in shape might produce some fast times.

Comment

Re: Next World Record in Track & Field

Originally posted by Frans Rutten

There is a lot of magic thinking in your post. People are by no means machines which you can program, although some posters think that Bolt is the exception .
                  I just looked at the possibilities of new WR. I never said there will be a WR, only in Caster Semenya case.

Comment

I think the 4x1500 in Brussels is the safest possibility. Isi comes next and thereafter it is the 60m indoors by Asafa :P

Comment

Maybe Borchin (20km walk) or Gebre in Marathon.

Comment

IMO the only real possibilities for WRs are wPV (Isi) and men's marathon - Geb or Wanjiru (obviously in Berlin).

Maybe there is small chance in wHT (Heidler if WÅ‚odarczyk is out ).

And racewalking - if there are any 'Russians in Russia' competitions planned then WRs may fall (if they have enough judges this time).

Comment

Try to get Usain to Rieti and that high altitude
                          405m above sea level

Comment

Originally posted by midnightsun

Try to get Usain to Rieti and that high altitude
                            405m above sea level
                            Only 405 meters? Hmm, I always believed it was higher above the sea Guess I was wrong.

Comment

What about Thor in the JT. He was sharp in Zurich.

Comment

Working...
                              X