Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stick a fork in Mo Green...

...he's done.

Did his "hamstring pull" spare him the beating he might have got if he had run the final in Boston?

If he did run he would have been beaten badly, and if the injury was legit, will he be able to rehab and come back in time for the trials?

Re: stick a fork in Mo Green...

capel gaitlen and crawford...

3 reasons Mo is in trouble

Comment

Mo is likely done as a major force in the 100m.

However, he has to be given credit for what he did. He stayed at or near the top of the sprinting world for five or six years, which is much longer than most are able to do.

As long as he wasn't cheating (a big "if," these days), he goes down as one of the all-time greats.

Comment

Yeah, I just dropped him from my fantasy track team. I hope I don't regret it, but I just don't think he'll even make the finals at the Oly trials.

He's had an incredible career, but at some point, one's body just won't cooperate anymore, and that's when you need to hang it up.
        "Run fast and keep turning left."

Comment

Or change events.

Comment

Unfortunately, since I'm a fan of his, I'm of the same opinion after this weekend. Hope I'm wrong, but it doesn't look good.

Comment

He aint hurt his self he just not as good as he assumes he is....He would've run the final but didn't wanna do it from lane 8 simple as that.

Comment

Faking hamstring injuries has gotten to be an automatic response for Green. I think he's had more hamstring pulls than anyone in history, and curiously they almost always show up when he's losing, or performing badly. I wonder if he's ever had a legitimate injury.

Comment

>....curiously they
                  >almost always show up when he's losing, or performing badly.....

And then they heal within a matter of days!

Comment

I don't know -- he might just be playing it safe, not wanting to relapse.

Comment

">I don't know -- he might just be playing it safe, not wanting to relapse."

I'm not sure, I didn't notice any difference in his form during the race or see him limping or feeling his leg after he finished. I have it TiVo-ed and will look again later. One thing about Mo though, in the past he's given injury performances that could have won an award here last night!

Comment

Greene's a longshot, no question...but I wouldn't rule him completely out yet in terms of making the US team...

Comment

I'm just saying -- I'm coming off a hamstring injury, total explosion injury, and if I feel a funny tickle I shut it down.

Comment

Mo Greene may suffer the same fate as the mobster from the godfather(not making off the rubdown table).... Seriously though if he can't make the US finals he's really regressed.....

Comment

>Faking hamstring injuries has gotten to be an automatic response for Green. I
                              >think he's had more hamstring pulls than anyone in history, and curiously they
                              >almost always show up when he's losing, or performing badly. I wonder if he's
                              >ever had a legitimate injury.

there is another possibility here - that he's setting himself up as the underdog. he's the type of personality that thrives off "coming back from injury" to beat the field et cetera.

I too agree with the statement that he has done a lot for his sport, staying at the top for almost 6 years... and though i will not speculate on whether he cheated, i think if he did, it's par for the course.

Comment

Working...
                              X