Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cacique
    darn...i don't see this meet on US tv listings...
    http://www.justin.tv/brujita_deprimera24/popout
    i deserve extra credit

Comment

the fact remains that they did not WIN worlds. period.
      They won medals with good performances and beat the people who beat them at the first after-worlds match-up.
      I never said they won worlds so don't go off on that straw-man tangent.
      That's what you chose to assume since it would be fun to refute in a know-it-all manner (FYI...lol...like anyone here doesn't know who won worlds champs *SPRINT* medals)

Furthermore Isa season best is 48.0x he ran 48.5x here, thats not a MAJOR drop off. Batman's is 47.9x and he ran 48.8x thats a little more of a drop off (not major though), but considering he has a bad hammy.

Kerron and SAF ran 10.9x and 11.0x respectively, not their best, but not a MAJOR drop off either.

Maybe Melaine had a problem in the race, cramp maybe? I don't buy the she jut got lazy thing.
      I agree it's a huge drop in performance after pulling a season's best at worlds, no arguing there.
      There might have be deeper physical issues as well (who knows) but I think mental and physical fatigue is definitely playing a role for many of the athletes that did well at worlds.

Comment

Does 2.08 put Blanka in women's AOY hunt assuming she wins out the remainder of the year?

Comment

Originally posted by jpaule
          Does 2.08 put Blanka in women's AOY hunt assuming she wins out the remainder of the year?
          I'd think she has to have a chance.
          Isinbayeva not having the best year also helps...

Comment

VIDEO: Blanka Vlasic 208 and other jumps - Zagreb
            194 - first
            200 -first
            205 - first
            208 - first

all in first jump 8-)

Comment

yes

and it puts her way above Sanya for a start

wlodarchk
              blanka
              valerie
              sanya
              jessica

i'm leaving out kanaskin as i know nothing about walks
              i deserve extra credit

Comment

Originally posted by Abebe Bikila
                194 - first
                200 -first
                205 - first
                208 - first
                all in first jump 8-)
                Great jump....at last! Now I believe she can jump 2.10m.

Comment

Originally posted by marknhj
                  Originally posted by Abebe Bikila
                  194 - first
                  200 -first
                  205 - first
                  208 - first
                  all in first jump 8-)
                  Great jump that 2,08m clearance. But her 3 WR-attempts were as good as chanceless. Although she had the best conditions all year. You don't jump 2,10m at random. So I am not yet a believer.

Comment

[quote=Frans Rutten]
                    Originally posted by "Abebe Bikila":txw4xm9g
                    194 - first
                    200 -first
                    205 - first
                    208 - first
                    all in first jump 8-)
                    Great jump that 2,08m clearance. But her 3 WR-attempts were as good as chanceless. Although she had the best conditions all year. You don't jump 2,10m at random. So I am not yet a believer.[/quote:txw4xm9g]

First 2.09 then 2.10 I think.

Comment

[quote=Frans Rutten]
                      Originally posted by "Abebe Bikila":2uvwl52m
                      194 - first
                      200 -first
                      205 - first
                      208 - first
                      all in first jump 8-)
                      Great jump that 2,08m clearance. But her 3 WR-attempts were as good as chanceless. Although she had the best conditions all year. You don't jump 2,10m at random. So I am not yet a believer.[/quote:2uvwl52m]

Nobody can assume a WR. Example, Carl Lewis in the LJ .

Comment

Originally posted by Frans Rutten
                        Great jump that 2,08m clearance. But her 3 WR-attempts were as good as chanceless. Although she had the best conditions all year. You don't jump 2,10m at random. So I am not yet a believer.
                        I agree, which is why I used "can" and not "will", there's still a very significant difference between 2.08m and 2.10m.

You could tell by her reaction after the 2.08m clearance what an emotional relief is was for her to pr for the first time in two years. Pure relief. It was a great jump, but one that should have been made before now. Her pr only remained at 2.07m because of the silly number of attempts at 2.10m she's made. How many competitions does she have left this year? It wouldn't surprise me if she made 2.10m now, although I tend to agree with gh and think a jump or two at 2.09m may be a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Frans Rutten
                          I agree, which is why I used "can" and not "will", there's still a very significant difference between 2.08m and 2.10m.

You could tell by her reaction after the 2.08m clearance what an emotional relief is was for her to pr for the first time in two years. Pure relief. It was a great jump, but one that should have been made before now. Her pr only remained at 2.07m because of the silly number of attempts at 2.10m she's made. How many competitions does she have left this year? It wouldn't surprise me if she made 2.10m now, although I tend to agree with gh and think a jump or two at 2.09m may be a good idea.
                          Yep, it's only going to increase her confidence. It cracks me up when people think that if you jumped 2.07 or 2.08 you should be able to do 2.10 easily. She's living, breathing proof that it doesn't work that way. It's further testament to the juggernaut that Kostadinova really was.
                          If you're ever walking down the beach and you see a girl dressed in a bikini made out of seashells, and you pick her up and hold her to your ear, you can hear her scream.

Comment

Being a numbers geek, I pulled the data off of pela's site. Prior to today, here are the leaders in the number of 2.00 m jumps made.

195: Stefka Kostadinova -- Out = 97, In = 32 Ancillary: Out = 49, In = 17
                            125: Blanka Vlasic -- Out = 57, In = 22 Ancillary: Out = 38, In = 8
                            70: Kajsa Bergqvist -- Out = 36, In = 16 Ancillary: Out = 12, In = 6
                            63: Heike Henkel -- Out = 23, In = 22 Ancillary: Out = 9, In = 9
                            55: Inga Babakova -- Out = 40, In = 3 Ancillary: Out = 12, In = 0
                            44: Yelena Slesarenko -- Out = 22, In = 9 Ancillary: Out = 9, In = 4
                            35: Hestrie Cloete -- Out = 24, In = 0 Ancillary: Out = 11, In = 0
                            32: Anna Chicherova -- Out = 11, In = 12 Ancillary: Out = 5, In = 4
                            32: Ariane Friedrich -- Out = 14, In = 11 Ancillary: Out = 4, In = 3
                            25: Venelina Veneva -- Out = 14, In = 3 Ancillary: Out = 6, In = 2
                            23: Alina Astafei -- Out = 10, In = 10 Ancillary: Out = 0, In = 3
                            23: Tamara Bykova -- Out = 12, In = 3 Ancillary: Out = 6, In = 2
                            14: Monika Iagar -- Out = 9, In = 2 Ancillary: Out = 2, In = 1
                            14: Tia Hellebaut -- Out = 7, In = 2 Ancillary: Out = 3, In = 2
                            12: Marina Kuptsova -- Out = 3, In = 6 Ancillary: Out = 1, In = 2
                            11: Silvia Costa -- Out = 9, In = 0 Ancillary: Out = 2, In = 0

US leaders are Howard and Ritter with 7, Acuff with 4, and Waller with 2.

Comment

Originally posted by mcgato
                              Being a numbers geek, I pulled the data off of pela's site. Prior to today, here are the leaders in the number of 2.00 m jumps made.

195: Stefka Kostadinova -- Out = 97, In = 32 Ancillary: Out = 49, In = 17
                              125: Blanka Vlasic -- Out = 57, In = 22 Ancillary: Out = 38, In = 8
                              70: Kajsa Bergqvist -- Out = 36, In = 16 Ancillary: Out = 12, In = 6
                              63: Heike Henkel -- Out = 23, In = 22 Ancillary: Out = 9, In = 9
                              55: Inga Babakova -- Out = 40, In = 3 Ancillary: Out = 12, In = 0
                              44: Yelena Slesarenko -- Out = 22, In = 9 Ancillary: Out = 9, In = 4
                              35: Hestrie Cloete -- Out = 24, In = 0 Ancillary: Out = 11, In = 0
                              32: Anna Chicherova -- Out = 11, In = 12 Ancillary: Out = 5, In = 4
                              32: Ariane Friedrich -- Out = 14, In = 11 Ancillary: Out = 4, In = 3
                              25: Venelina Veneva -- Out = 14, In = 3 Ancillary: Out = 6, In = 2
                              23: Alina Astafei -- Out = 10, In = 10 Ancillary: Out = 0, In = 3
                              23: Tamara Bykova -- Out = 12, In = 3 Ancillary: Out = 6, In = 2
                              14: Monika Iagar -- Out = 9, In = 2 Ancillary: Out = 2, In = 1
                              14: Tia Hellebaut -- Out = 7, In = 2 Ancillary: Out = 3, In = 2
                              12: Marina Kuptsova -- Out = 3, In = 6 Ancillary: Out = 1, In = 2
                              11: Silvia Costa -- Out = 9, In = 0 Ancillary: Out = 2, In = 0

US leaders are Howard and Ritter with 7, Acuff with 4, and Waller with 2.
                              Blanka's still 70 behind Stefka.

Comment

Originally posted by jpaule
                                Blanka's still 70 behind Stefka.
                                Yeah, but Blanka's still jumping Stefka seems to have stayed retired. Of course, even with Blanka not being able to refuse any opportunity to compete, it would take her at least 4 more years of jumping at a high level. It does seem that the WR is a matter of time.

Comment

Working...
                                X