Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mike renfro
    Of course, even with Blanka not being able to refuse any opportunity to compete, it would take her at least 4 more years of jumping at a high level.
    Not really. In 2007 alone, she jumped 2 meters 34 times. In 2008, she did it 42 times! This season she has 29 so far, with a couple of competitions yet to come. So she can get there in just 2 seasons, if she continues competing at the same level.
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Considering the number of dances Blanka has done after successful jumps, she has to be ready for Dancing With the Stars!

Comment

Originally posted by jpaule

Blanka's still 70 behind Stefka.
        One 2.10 jump and nobody cares about that stat!

Will she try 2.09? In one way it makes less sense now since she has the 2.08.

There will certainly be mixed feelings if she clears 2.09 in a fabulous jump and again misses at 2.10.

Comment

Originally posted by Per Andersen

Blanka's still 70 behind Stefka.
          One 2.10 jump and nobody cares about that stat!

There will certainly be mixed feelings if she clears 2.09 in a fabulous jump and again misses at 2.10.
          By the number of meets Blanka competes in, it is clear she is a girl that likes money. She will go for the 2.10 because it will be a much bigger pay day. I'm surprised she didn't go for it today.

Is Blanka the hardest working girl in track and field?

Comment

I'm surprised she didn't go for it today.
            She did.

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy
              I'm surprised she didn't go for it today.
              She did.
              Sorry! I meant stright-a-way. I hope she makes 2.10 this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Per Andersen
                I can't imagine she'll go to 2.09m but there is a precedent with the men. In May 1980, Wszola cleared 2.35m for a new WR. Mogenburg equaled it the next day.

Comment

Re: Zagreb GP

Originally posted by Marlow
                  Originally posted by Hano
                  Kozmus 81.77 WL!
                  And isn't that sad that no one has broken 270' - 82m this year?!
                  No frowns in my small world, I hope the presumed reason behind it continues.

Comment

Originally posted by marknhj
                    I can't imagine she'll go to 2.09m but there is a precedent with the men. In May 1980, Wszola cleared 2.35m for a new WR. Mogenburg equaled it the next day.
                    Perhaps he hadn't heard of Wszoła's record when he went for 2.35? :wink:

Kostadinova also equalled Andonova's 2.07 before breaking it.
                    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

apparently mickey rourke has been holidaying in the adriatic & asked someone to get her phone number last week !

Comment

Im not surprised at all by melaine she dropped off at beijing too.. she is def a peaker .. like alot of her mvp camp mates.. good run by nester carter 10.04

Comment

Working...
                        X