X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trolls

i am soooooooo sick of the trolls dominating this forum at the moment

can't we talk about anything without it turning into personal attacks and a slanging match

why don't they all fuck off back to whichever forum they crawled here from

:x
    i deserve extra credit

Agreed! This forum used to be about the sport and people were at least respectful of others' opinions. And the silly, infantile nationalistic cheerleading was also absent. I miss those days and I read the forum a lot less frequently now than I used to because of that. T&F is NOT about Jamaica vs. USA! Those rants are just tiresome and uninteresting!

Comment

Re: Trolls

Originally posted by mump boy

can't we talk about anything without it turning into personal attacks and a slanging match

sounds like the kettle calling the pot black to me........

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksf

sounds like the kettle calling the pot black to me........
        lol

Comment

The two of you are treading a fine line here.

Comment

me? what did I do..... :?

Comment

Originally posted by gh
              The two of you are treading a fine line here.
              Wow.

Comment

Remember what killed the IAAF Forums? The same thing is happening here now.
                Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

I quit reading the IAAF Forums long before they disappeared, just because the noise to signal ratio was so high: what's your analysis of what went wrong there?

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                    I quit reading the IAAF Forums long before they disappeared, just because the noise to signal ratio was so high: what's your analysis of what went wrong there?
                    People like you quit because the noise to signal ratio was so high.

Comment

Originally posted by LopenUupunut
                      Originally posted by gh
                      People like you quit because the noise to signal ratio was so high.
                      Precisely. A number of clueless, rabidly nationalistic fans, mostly from Jamaica, increasingly dominated the discussion till the point where none of the more sensible posters wanted to visit any more.

I stopped even looking at any sprint threads here - they always degenerate into 400-post long US vs Jamaica shouting matches, with no substance whatsoever.
                      Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Towards the end of the WC there was a thread started by someone talking about how the boards now suck. I posted on that thread that these forums were going the way of the IAAF and AW boards. Ben Hall replied that, because I was indicating that the level of discourse has headed towards the crapper and then I ended my post with ‘whatever’ that he held my opinion in zero value. I was going to reply that the habit of the mods to shoot the messenger and to blame the old timers for the problems was indicative of a death-knell head-in-the-sands attitude that would ensure the demise of the boards, but the whole thread was pulled before I was able to post.

Comment

There should just be a "Jamaica vs. USA" or "Bolt vs. Gay" subforum. It might act as a flypaper of sorts.

Comment

I'm curious as to what defines a troll around here?
                            on the road

Comment

Originally posted by Speedfirst
                              I'm curious as to what defines a troll around here?

mump's use of the term "troll" is probably not really accurate for most people, in the "traditional" online use of the word. It has become a catch-all term lately (here and other sites I'm sure).

Trolling usually implies some sort of "malicious" [or insert softer synonym] intent. I'm not sure I'd give a lot of the posters around here lately that much credit.

Comment

Working...
                              X