Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tyson gay emailed Bolt and pleaded that Bolt not race! (hehe) he said.. "pleeaaaaa Bolt pleeeeasse.. pretty please with icing on top! do the 200m pleaaaasssee!! :cry: "

and so Bolt did the 200m :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by RamGoat
      Tyson gay emailed Bolt and pleaded that Bolt not race! (hehe) he said.. "pleeaaaaa Bolt pleeeeasse.. pretty please with icing on top! do the 200m pleaaaasssee!! :cry: "

and so Bolt did the 200m :lol:
      lmaoooooo...

Comment

I think most here have this thing the wrong way. Bolt is doing the 200m because he wants to race Gay at that distance. He is not running from the 100m, he wants to draw out Gay into the deep end.
        Knowing Bolt's personality he is very competitive and would have liked to see what he could have done with TG in the race with him. How long have they not raced the 200, 2 years?
        In essence:
        Bolt signaled gay to step outside and fight like a man in the 200m, and Gay runs upstairs slid under the bed and locked himself away in his room to run the 100m.. as predicted. :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by Haskell45
          I think most here have this thing the wrong way. Bolt is doing the 200m because he wants to race Gay at that distance. He is not running from the 100m, he wants to draw out Gay into the deep end.
          Knowing Bolt's personality he is very competitive and would have liked to see what he could have done with TG in the race with him. How long have they not raced the 200, 2 years?
          In essence:
          Bolt signaled gay to step outside and fight like a man in the 200m, and Gay runs upstairs slid under the bed and locked himself away in his room to run the 100m.. as predicted. :lol:
          There was an agreement for both to run the 100m. Bolt has moved to the 200m, knowing full well that Gay's groin condition is restricting him from running any bends. It's the smart move on Bolt's part, so he doesn't risk taking a loss. Bolt got himself on the cover of SI because people who don't know anything about track have a superhuman, so-much-better-than-everyone-else perception of him, much as non-swimmers had a similar perception of Phelps. After Phelps lost following the Olympics, that big 'S' faded from his chest a little in the minds of non-swimming afficionados. Bolt would certainly be challenged running against Gay in the 100m, and is vulnerable if he's not on the top of his game. If he were to lose, it would make headlines beyond the world of track and field media, and image of Bolt as Superman in the eyes of people outside of track is threatened. It's the smart desicion, to avoid the one person who can really challenge you at this point in the season. That way he can call it quits after collecting big checks in Asia and say: 9.58, 19.19, three more world golds and a perfect, unbeaten season. Not that any AOY honors are threatened if Bolt were to lose, but it's what a loss to anyone represents to the larger media.

Comment

You make it seem as if Tyson Gay is a machine that executes 100% of the time and is highly repeatable. Gay is just as vulnerable as you think Bolt is. And i still think he is of no challenge to Bolt.
            I get what you are saying though about Bolt choosing the 200m, he has more control of the outcome in the longer race, and it is this same reasoning why TG will not race Bolt in the 200m. The slower reacting Bolt has too much time to tilt things his way.
            Bolt could have switched from the 100m with the idea that Gay would want a piece of him and follow suit similar to a gentleman's duel . Not surprisingly Gay remained in the 100m to scavenge off a not so sharp Asafa.
            Gay is also affected by the media, more so than bolt, after all he is America's hope at the moment. Bolt mopping the place with Gay won't look too good at the close of the season.
            The risks of Bolt losing to Gay is very small. I would have liked to see Bolt go against Gay in the 200m. The quality of the 200m has been lacking this year compared to last year. The least Gay could have done is show us that the 19.58 is just as "for real" as the 9.7s he dropped this year.

Comment

Originally posted by guruof track
              Where are Yohan Blake and Daniel Bailey at?
              chillin. I'll tell Danny you said Hi.
              http://img2.pict.com/c9/f0/bf/2845608/0/b.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Ned Ryerson
                As far as switching, it is Bolt who has switched from the 100m to the 200m in Brussels.
                It's the smart thing for Bolt to do, but it does hint that the superhuman abilities he began to display in 2008 aren't inexhaustable.
                Mr. Ryerson, Mr. Bolt has caught a cold. If he's race-ready, but not able to drop down a 9"8, he's better served to opt for the longer race, which he can run more controlled and *relaxed* at 19"8 pace.
                Fire Impossible.

Comment

Well Bolt dropped a 9.81 last week with terrible start... I don't think he was dodging Gay, he just wants to do the 200m.. he wants to see what it feels like to run a technically superb 200m. Remember his 19.59 and 19.19 weren't as technically correct as he wanted them to be. So this 200m is actually part of his perfection of that distance IMO.

Comment

Bolt leaves the rest to race amongst themselves while he indulges his appetite for fast times over his favourite event. It's cruel.

Comment

Originally posted by RamGoat
                      Well Bolt dropped a 9.81 last week with terrible start... I don't think he was dodging Gay, he just wants to do the 200m.. he wants to see what it feels like to run a technically superb 200m. Remember his 19.59 and 19.19 weren't as technically correct as he wanted them to be. So this 200m is actually part of his perfection of that distance IMO.
                      Love to see him run the 200, since it is only his 3rd competitive outing of the season. Why does he run so few 200s? Anybody ideas?

Comment

Well he gets to beat up on Wally again.
                        I want to see gulyiev (spelling) try ride in on the Bolt effect and drop a really fast time too.

Comment

Originally posted by Hano
                          Originally posted by toyracer
                          Let's hope that Tyson isn't tired as well. Isn't Asafa in the race with him?
                          he is
                          Then he is gonna have a hard time as Asafa is very dangerous late season.
                          Anyone remember Tysons last race of 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by Non Potest
                            he is
                            Yes, he won the 100m at the Super Meet in Tokyo.

Comment

Originally posted by guruof track
                              Originally posted by TrainerPhil
                              I've been somewhat critical of Gay for not facing off against Bolt prior to Berlin. Truth is Bolt could easily find a way to face off against Gay if he wanted to himself. Here we had to perfect opportunity. Both Gay and Bolt will be in Brussels competing. Should Bolt be afraid of anyone right now? Of course not.......so I can't quite figure out why he wants to skip the rematch with Gay for the 200m where we all know he is going to win by 5+ meters. Maybe he is just so tired right now that he would rather run the "safest" race. The right decision would be to run the 100m against Gay and Powell. Sorry, but this is a disappointing move by Bolt.
                              Maybe Bolt doesn't know this. You know things can change pretty quickly over week or two as we have seen.

I'm not disappointed by Bolt's move, him, his coach, and his management obviously saw fit for him to compete in the 200 for whatever reason.
                              He is running the 200m at the World Athletics Final so I guess its a warm up run. He has barely run any 200s this season and its supposed to be his favourite event.

Comment

[quote=Ned Ryerson]
                                Originally posted by "Non Potest":2l1huiqf
                                he is
                                Yes, he won the 100m at the Super Meet in Tokyo.[/quote:2l1huiqf]

my mistake. I thought it was this race. Shanghai (china) 28/9/07

100 MetresOfficial Results - Men - 100 Metres - Wind : 0.0 m/s Pos Athlete Nat Mark Pts
                                1 Wallace Spearmon USA 9.96 10
                                2 Tyson Gay USA 10.02 8
                                3 Michael Frater JAM 10.07 7
                                4 Rikki Fifton GBR 10.16 6
                                5 Churandy Martina AHO 10.22 5
                                6 Joshua J. Johnson USA 10.24 4
                                7 Peimeng Zhang CHN 10.27 3
                                8 Yongyi Wen CHN 10.31 2
                                9 Marcus Brunson USA 10.40

Comment

Working...
                                X