TG 9.77 +1.9 and sunny
    UB 19.57 -1.3 and rainy
    :lol:
    Was wrong about wind and weather, sorry. :lol:

Leave a comment:

• RamGoat
    replied
    9.72 +0.4 last year..

and this guy is stronger.. It aint gonna be easy for Gay.. If Gay doesn't get a good start it's all over.. because if Asafa can hold off bolt up to 85/90m.... I wouldn't expect Gay to catch him and beat him.

Leave a comment:

• TrainerPhil
    replied
    Originally posted by jpaule
    Will Asafa quit again if Gay passed him from behind?
    I don't see how he would do anything different. I suspect Gay is well rested and ready to close the season on a high note. If the conditions are favorable it wouldn't surprise me if he ran 9.7X. Asafa usually runs extremely well after the World Championships or Olympics, but it would take a complete race for him to beat Gay and I haven't seen him run a complete race in...................?

Leave a comment:

• jpaule
    replied
    Will Asafa quit again if Gay passed him from behind?

Leave a comment:

• Ned Ryerson
    replied
    Nope, he won Yokohama two days later.

Leave a comment:

• Non Potest
    replied
    [quote=Ned Ryerson]
    Originally posted by "Non Potest":2l1huiqf
    Originally posted by Hano
    Originally posted by toyracer
    Let's hope that Tyson isn't tired as well. Isn't Asafa in the race with him?
    he is
    Then he is gonna have a hard time as Asafa is very dangerous late season.
    Anyone remember Tysons last race of 2007.
    Yes, he won the 100m at the Super Meet in Tokyo.[/quote:2l1huiqf]

my mistake. I thought it was this race. Shanghai (china) 28/9/07

100 MetresOfficial Results - Men - 100 Metres - Wind : 0.0 m/s Pos Athlete Nat Mark Pts
    1 Wallace Spearmon USA 9.96 10
    2 Tyson Gay USA 10.02 8
    3 Michael Frater JAM 10.07 7
    4 Rikki Fifton GBR 10.16 6
    5 Churandy Martina AHO 10.22 5
    6 Joshua J. Johnson USA 10.24 4
    7 Peimeng Zhang CHN 10.27 3
    8 Yongyi Wen CHN 10.31 2
    9 Marcus Brunson USA 10.40

Leave a comment:

• Non Potest
    replied
    Originally posted by guruof track
    Originally posted by TrainerPhil
    I've been somewhat critical of Gay for not facing off against Bolt prior to Berlin. Truth is Bolt could easily find a way to face off against Gay if he wanted to himself. Here we had to perfect opportunity. Both Gay and Bolt will be in Brussels competing. Should Bolt be afraid of anyone right now? Of course not.......so I can't quite figure out why he wants to skip the rematch with Gay for the 200m where we all know he is going to win by 5+ meters. Maybe he is just so tired right now that he would rather run the "safest" race. The right decision would be to run the 100m against Gay and Powell. Sorry, but this is a disappointing move by Bolt.
    Maybe Bolt doesn't know this. You know things can change pretty quickly over week or two as we have seen.

I'm not disappointed by Bolt's move, him, his coach, and his management obviously saw fit for him to compete in the 200 for whatever reason.
    He is running the 200m at the World Athletics Final so I guess its a warm up run. He has barely run any 200s this season and its supposed to be his favourite event.

Leave a comment:

• Ned Ryerson
    replied
    Originally posted by Non Potest
    he is
    Yes, he won the 100m at the Super Meet in Tokyo.

Leave a comment:

• Non Potest
    replied
    he is

Leave a comment:

• Haskell45
    replied
    Well he gets to beat up on Wally again.
    I want to see gulyiev (spelling) try ride in on the Bolt effect and drop a really fast time too.

Leave a comment:

• Hano
    replied
    Originally posted by RamGoat
    Well Bolt dropped a 9.81 last week with terrible start... I don't think he was dodging Gay, he just wants to do the 200m.. he wants to see what it feels like to run a technically superb 200m. Remember his 19.59 and 19.19 weren't as technically correct as he wanted them to be. So this 200m is actually part of his perfection of that distance IMO.
    Love to see him run the 200, since it is only his 3rd competitive outing of the season. Why does he run so few 200s? Anybody ideas?

Leave a comment:

• EZSum
    replied
    Bolt leaves the rest to race amongst themselves while he indulges his appetite for fast times over his favourite event. It's cruel.

Leave a comment:

• RamGoat
    replied
    Well Bolt dropped a 9.81 last week with terrible start... I don't think he was dodging Gay, he just wants to do the 200m.. he wants to see what it feels like to run a technically superb 200m. Remember his 19.59 and 19.19 weren't as technically correct as he wanted them to be. So this 200m is actually part of his perfection of that distance IMO.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by Ned Ryerson
    As far as switching, it is Bolt who has switched from the 100m to the 200m in Brussels.
    It's the smart thing for Bolt to do, but it does hint that the superhuman abilities he began to display in 2008 aren't inexhaustable.
    Mr. Ryerson, Mr. Bolt has caught a cold. If he's race-ready, but not able to drop down a 9"8, he's better served to opt for the longer race, which he can run more controlled and *relaxed* at 19"8 pace.

Leave a comment:

• JWiz
    replied
    Originally posted by guruof track
    Where are Yohan Blake and Daniel Bailey at?
    chillin. I'll tell Danny you said Hi.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X