This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locking of "juicy" threads

Mods can you please stop locking the best threads? The site is getting boring.

Re: Locking of "juicy" threads

Originally posted by RamGoat
    Tafny!

[for the edification of newcomers who may not be familiar with the term, the Tafnies are (well, were) awards given out at the end of the year for Best Posts in various categories. I'm not sure what the category would be for this one, but I'd like to nominate it for SOMETHING!]

Comment

Threads are being locked (see "Trolls" thread) because we're getting 127 different threads on the same subject where the original would do. And people just regurgitate the same old shit. What you call "juicy," management calls totally devoid of imagination.

Come up with something actually original and interesting and it'll stay alive. Otherwise, prepare to be bored.

Comment

Best?!? I don't think that word means what you think it means.

Comment

Let's hear it for gh. :!:

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf
            Let's hear it for gh. :!:
            :!:

Comment

It is sad that there can't be a discussion about issues pertinent to the board (although I guess GH has to be sole arbiter). In the 'Troll' thread and in one I posted during the WC 'Where can you go to talk T&F these days?', it's apparent that many people weren't happy with some of the trends on the board in recent times. I know I had a big whine in that thread, but it's a tragedy the issue can't even be discussed.

And I certainly agree with what 50% of the posters in the Trolls thread said (the 50% that weren't name removed by mods).

Comment

Originally posted by Vault-emort
                And I certainly agree with what 50% of the posters in the Trolls thread said (the 50% that weren't ...).
                Also agreed, the site has dumbed down a lot in the last 6 months with petty arguements and 1 line responses(plenty of times just smiley faces). I always found if I wanted to read some results and read proper discussion on athletics I'd come here and read, if i wanted to read some mindless drivel where i can laugh at the posters(not with) in question I'd go to trackshark. The worse posters from over there have came over and are doing exactly the same and posting with crazy frequency. Usual Jamaican vs US crap, trying to undermine other peoples posts due to their own stupidity and lack of comprehension.

X wasn't a bad poster because he wasn't stupid, he was just arrogant and seemed to have a chip on his shoulder. I liked X maybe a bit OTT,but it seems like he's banned now anyways.

X, X, X are terrible posters who bring the board down.

X isn't too bad and i could stomach him if X wasn't here because they seem to back each other up all the time or post dribble to each other. He actually does have some good posts from time to time but gets dragged into arguements too often and then him and X make comments about posters or generalisation while quoting each other to not directly aim it at anyone imparticularly but clearly are aiming it at a proportion of the posters.

X and X I just find plain stupid and they seem to have opinions on matters they clearly don't understand. Even when explained to them they struggle to comprehend and then try and belittle other peoples posts with 'LOL's' and 'LMFAO' to hide their insecurtiy of not having a clue.

[note: series of specific names removed by mods, who while they may agree completely, don't feel that this is the fault of any small group of people; it's a collective malaise that has overtaken the board, and getting personal isn't going to solve it; thanks for understanding]

Comment

Look at Mikewats, why don't you simply call out the folks your referring to and not use the XXX you indicated. You got something to say about those individuals, state it specifically to them.
                  on the road

Comment

Originally posted by Speedfirst
                    ...simply call out the folks your referring to and not use the XXX...
                    Look more closely. The mods removed the names to stop a massive flame war.

Comment

Normally I wouldn't even bother writing in such a useless thread, but for crying out loud, can you even read or is that too much to ask?

Let me point it out to you since apparently it wasn't crystal clear:

[note: series of specific names removed by mods, who while they may agree completely, don't feel that this is the fault of any small group of people; it's a collective malaise that has overtaken the board, and getting personal isn't going to solve it; thanks for understanding]

Comment

Look at Mikewats, why don't you simply call out the folks your referring to and not use the XXX you indicated. You got something to say about those individuals, state it specifically to them.
                        I actually laughed out loud at this thread. Please keep this one open. Its very juicy...

Nah. Mike was actually being funny in a thinly veiled attacking sort of way.

What's funny though is that the previous thread was locked and now this one may very well take its place. And it should. It has always irked me when mods and long time posters insist that a topic has been rehashed several times in the PAST and as such should never be revisited again even if it is now relevant again and the newer posters never actually joined in the old "rehashes".

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy
                          ...simply call out the folks your referring to and not use the XXX...
                          Look more closely. The mods removed the names to stop a massive flame war.
                          Oh. I thought he actually did it himself and put the disclaimer there to be facetious. Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by mor'fiyah
                            I thought he actually did it himself and put the disclaimer there to be facetious..
                            Not at all. I saw the original.

Comment

We all might go over the line a bit every now and then but it is usually not malicious, just silly. I fully support tougher policing of this entire Board by gh and bh. This will help reduce the silliness but of much greater good it will weed out the true baddies.

Comment

Working...
                              X