Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gh
    History suggests that sub-11s aren't all that easy to come by in Brussels (top-20 list from their site, with places other than 1st added by me):

1 10.76 Marion Jones 1997
    2 10.80 Marion Jones 1998
    3 10.83 Gwen Torrence 1994
    3 10.83 Merlene Ottey 1997 (2)
    3 10.83 Marion Jones 2000
    6 10.84 Gail Devers 1996
    7 10.86 Gwen Torrence 1993
    8 10.88 Chryste Gaines 2003
    9 10.89 Merlene Ottey 1992
    10 10.90 Zhanna Block 2002
    11 10.92 Merlene Ottey 1994 (2)
    12 10.93 Tayna Lawrence 2002 (2)
    13 10.94 Irina Privalova 1993 (2)
    13 10.94 Chryste Gaines 2002 (3)
    15 10.95 Irina Privalova 1992
    15 10.95 Christine Arron 1998 (2)
    15 10.95 Chandra Sturrup 2001
    15 10.95 Sherone Simpson 2006
    19 10.96 Gail Devers 1996
    19 10.96 Ekaterini Thanou 2001 (2)

(and note how many of these people have... errr.... "checkered pasts")
    There will be not so many meetings with a better record. Certainly not if you keep in mind that this is in fact the last big meeting of the year. So I would suggest history suggests that's easy to run sub-11.

And what about Bolt's 9,77s last year into a headwind of 1,3m/s or Ottey's 21,64s in 1991. Occasionnally the weather will temper, but not significant more than in Zürich, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Frans Rutten
      There will be not so many meetings with a better record. Certainly not if you keep in mind that this is in fact the last big meeting of the year. So I would suggest history suggests that's easy to run sub-11.

And what about Bolt's 9,77s last year into a headwind of 1,3m/s or Ottey's 21,64s in 1991. Occasionnally the weather will temper, but not significant more than in Zürich, IMO.
      so your saying a fast time is highly probably it seems
      I hope so because I would love to see a serious assault for sprint supremacy here.

Comment

hmm im giiving the win to either jeter or fraser.. kerron tends to slip off close to the end of the year.. while fraser is not at her best but around 10.90.. hmm jeter seems to be able to run fast all season long now..

Comment

VC typically runs well at the end of the season and thus, I would not be surprised if she wins.
          Cows need love too

Comment

"better record" is irrelevant. The point was a suggestion that there might be 5 sub-11s. My take is that the history of this meet (heck, all meets) suggests otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
              "better record" is irrelevant. The point was a suggestion that there might be 5 sub-11s. My take is that the history of this meet (heck, all meets) suggests otherwise.
              I see. You put me on the wrong leg.

Comment

Originally posted by t_monk
                I hope everyone comes here to really run. I can see 5 sub-11's here at least if everyone comes to run and is rested and fir enough.
                Sub-11s in one race

Sevilla 22-08-99 (-0.1) 6th place 10.97

Barcelona 01-08-92 (-1.0) 5th place 10.88
                Atlanta 15-06-96 (1.1) 5th place 10.96
                Eugene 28-06-08 (1.0) 5th place 10.96

Comment

[quote=Frans Rutten]
                  Originally posted by "t_monk":tkgllgkp
                  I hope everyone comes here to really run. I can see 5 sub-11's here at least if everyone comes to run and is rested and fir enough.
                  Sub-11s in one race

Sevilla 22-08-99 (-0.1) 6th place 10.97

Barcelona 01-08-92 (-1.0) 5th place 10.88
                  Atlanta 15-06-96 (1.1) 5th place 10.96
                  Eugene 28-06-08 (1.0) 5th place 10.96[/quote:tkgllgkp]

Hmmm looking at some of those races I think we should go back to GH's quote of "checkered pasts"

Seville Sub 11: Jones, Miller, Thanou, Block, Devers, Arron.

Comment

As an addition to posts above, I just noticed that Brussels has a new mondo track, opened by Usain Bolt yesterday which should help in regard to fast(er) times.

Comment

Lock for Jeter IMHO Based on current form she seems unbeatable.
                      I think a 10.7 is coming from her in next 12 months

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by longingfornia

Cheers
                        Based on her late season history, VCB is a live threat.
                        She has a win over Jeter in her race just before the World Champs.
                        Plus I keep remembering Shanghai '08

Comment

I'm looking for Simpson to take out Campbell here and send a message for next season, but she's not ready to challenge any of the "big 3" as of yet.

Comment

Cheers
                            Someone who got annihilated by almost .20 just a couple weeks ago looks unbeatable?
                            Jeter stops at 10.8. She doesn't have the race to dip below that mark. She only beats Fraser and Stewart when those women are off their game. At their best she can't compete with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Noon
                              I'm looking for Simpson to take out Campbell here and send a message for next season, but she's not ready to challenge any of the "big 3" as of yet.
                              Bold prediction. Lets see. Gunfight at the OK Corral coming up or High Noon part 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Noon

Cheers
                                Someone who got annihilated by almost .20 just a couple weeks ago looks unbeatable?
                                Jeter stops at 10.8. She doesn't have the race to dip below that mark. She only beats Fraser and Stewart when those women are off their game. At their best she can't compete with them.
                                This is a rather unusual set of conclusions to draw from recent observations. How would you change your interpretation if Jeter:

beats all but one of them?
                                All of them?
                                If she runs a wind-legal 10.7x?

Note that SAF has a great start and that Jeter does not have a technically good start. To me that indicates that Jeter can make significant gains from fixing her start, whereas SAF is maxed out with no upside in that department. Since Jeter is already running 10.8, clearly a technical change that would seem to be feasible would change her 'race' in a way that is contrary to your assertion.

Comment

Working...
                                X