X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 26mi235
    Originally posted by Noon
    Originally posted by longingfornia
    Lock for Jeter IMHO Based on current form she seems unbeatable.
    I think a 10.7 is coming from her in next 12 months

Cheers
    Someone who got annihilated by almost .20 just a couple weeks ago looks unbeatable?
    Jeter stops at 10.8. She doesn't have the race to dip below that mark. She only beats Fraser and Stewart when those women are off their game. At their best she can't compete with them.
    This is a rather unusual set of conclusions to draw from recent observations. How would you change your interpretation if Jeter:

beats all but one of them?
    All of them?
    If she runs a wind-legal 10.7x?

Note that SAF has a great start and that Jeter does not have a technically good start. To me that indicates that Jeter can make significant gains from fixing her start, whereas SAF is maxed out with no upside in that department. Since Jeter is already running 10.8, clearly a technical change that would seem to be feasible would change her 'race' in a way that is contrary to your assertion.
    It's never a good argument to use an athlete's weakness in a particular area, as you have done with Jeter's start, as an assumption that it will improve.
    The evidence shows she hasn't mastered that skill, and at 29 it's not likely she will improve dramatically. She doesn't have the turnover out of the blocks to match Fraser. Her top end can't match Stewart at her best.

Jeter is a talented athlete, but she doesn't seem to possess an understanding of the technical flaws and advantages of her race. She just runs and hopes for the best.

Fraser, at 22, has already mastered technique and knows what she needs to do to peak and win. She's not as strong as these bigger girls, but is quicker and savvy and she understands sprint dynamics and uses her tools well.

Her advantages are mental. It's more likely that she will improve her top end strength, based on the trajectory of her career arch, than it is that Jeter will learn things she should have learned ten years ago.

Comment

SAF and Kerron looked tired last week. With $1,000,000 on the line Kerron wasn't close to having enough to beat Jeter and I doubt anyone will beat her in Brussels. This is very solid field, but I don't think anyone has enough left in the tank to run away from Jeter..........can Sherone suprise?

Comment

Cheers
        Gotta agree. And not only that Jeter seemed to be more focused and determined post Berlin than her competitors. After jogging last time out can SAF gather herself and refocus?

I think Jeter will win comfortably.
        The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

Win one race, and suddenly she's Usain Bolt. :lol:
          Me thinks Jeter will get another good look at Kerron and Shelly's fine derriere.
          http://img2.pict.com/c9/f0/bf/2845608/0/b.jpg

Comment

Cheers
            SHE has won one race since WC and now she is unbeatable... blank stare.. VCB runs consistently fast .. fraser im sure will run better here so too kerron

Comment

I will just watch di ride tomorrow...
              I hope the best for everyone involved, lol

Comment

Originally posted by t_monk
                Originally posted by gh
                Borlée stays because IAAF rules say "wherever possible" an athlete from the host nation should be included in each event. It's good for the ticket-buying public.
                ohh I never knew.... but it explains alot
                duh, isn't that obvious?

how one misses gevaert at this meet.

go, carmelita!!!!

Comment

Obviously I could be wrong. Y'all are correct that one race doesnt make her "Usain Bolt." :lol:

However, did anyone notice the determination and focus on her face at the Golden League race, nevermind her results. It almost seems like a few others were dealing with the post WC let down and were packing it in.
                  The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

Originally posted by JWiz
                    Win one race, and suddenly she's Usain Bolt. :lol:
                    Me thinks Jeter will get another good look at Kerron and Shelly's fine derriere.
                    co-sign,tomorrow will be regular business. Jeter will not be winning.

Comment

Originally posted by "26mi235
                      Someone who got annihilated by almost .20 just a couple weeks ago looks unbeatable?
                      Jeter stops at 10.8. She doesn't have the race to dip below that mark. She only beats Fraser and Stewart when those women are off their game. At their best she can't compete with them.
                      This is a rather unusual set of conclusions to draw from recent observations. How would you change your interpretation if Jeter:

All of them?

Note that SAF has a great start and that Jeter does not have a technically good start. To me that indicates that Jeter can make significant gains from fixing her start, whereas SAF is maxed out with no upside in that department. Since Jeter is already running 10.8, clearly a technical change that would seem to be feasible would change her 'race' in a way that is contrary to your assertion.[/quote]
                      SAF may have maxed out for this year but an injury free season next year and 10.6x beckons. No one can tell me that the apendicectomy and strained hamstring did not slow her some. what it slowed was maintenance of top speed.
                      why don't people pronounce vowels anymore

Comment

Originally posted by DentyCracker

All of them?

Note that SAF has a great start and that Jeter does not have a technically good start. To me that indicates that Jeter can make significant gains from fixing her start, whereas SAF is maxed out with no upside in that department. Since Jeter is already running 10.8, clearly a technical change that would seem to be feasible would change her 'race' in a way that is contrary to your assertion.
                        SAF may have maxed out for this year but an injury free season next year and 10.6x beckons. No one can tell me that the apendicectomy and strained hamstring did not slow her some. what it slowed was maintenance of top speed.[/quote]

Last year right after the Olympics SAF was beaten by Lauryn Williams, this year... Then she turned around and started whopping a$$ again.

Comment

Last year right after the Olympics SAF was beaten by Lauryn Williams, this year... Then she turned around and started whopping a$$ again.
                          Williams beat SAF in Gateshead, and made a comment after the race referring back to Beijing, to the effect of that it was a fluke etc. I don't remember the exact wording.

SAF wasn't taking Gateshead seriously, but the comment woke her up. She made sure not to make the same mistake three days later in Lausanne. Williams was relegated to fourth place. SAF then won again in Rieti 5 days later. She capped it all off with the win at the WAF, a race in which Williams finished sixth.

Lesson: when the lion sleeps, don't wake it.
                          Regards,
                          toyracer

Comment

Originally posted by toyracer
                            Williams beat SAF in Gateshead, and made a comment after the race referring back to Beijing, to the effect of that it was a fluke etc. I don't remember the exact wording.

SAF wasn't taking Gateshead seriously, but the comment woke her up. She made sure not to make the same mistake three days later in Lausanne. Williams was relegated to fourth place. SAF then won again in Rieti 5 days later. She capped it all off with the win at the WAF, a race in which Williams finished sixth.

Lesson: when the lion sleeps, don't wake it.
                            Exactly what I was thinking lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Noon

Cheers

All of them?

SAF will improve her endurance come next year. She will focus more on the deuce thus, she will finish races better. Plus she should be 100% healthy by then, unless she gets some other injury of coarse.

I think kerron wins it over SAF and Jeter, WC top three again.

One Love!
                              One Love!!!

Comment

If Kerron can start she will win!

You know.. TVJ was showing some High speed camera footage of that Berlin Final and you could see how much more fluid than Stewart SAF is.. I mean KS's start was bad.. extremely short steps.. It would be nice to see how fast she could of went if she had a good start. She is be as flexible to get out the blocks as SAF but she can definitely improve her first two steps.

Comment

Working...
                                X