Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [quote=Lord_Zanus]
    Originally posted by "guruof track":19x2jbcs
    SAF is not going to beat Allyson in a 200. I mean seriously.

Has Felix ever lost to anyone besides VCB since 2005? Not that I can remember.
    She lost to Sherone Simpson and Sanya Richards in 06 I believe. I don't know how many times. I think once or twice.[/quote:19x2jbcs]

AF lost to Sherone, yes. To SR?? Unless your talking about a 400, I don't recall those meet.

Comment

• Felix lost a 200m in London last year. TrackDaddy, who won what is correct, now let me ask you, "who won what" as it relates to 200m?

Having said all, these two does not get half the respect they deserve.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alucard
        2008 represemts the truest picture of Felix vs VCB as the later was not doubling. 2004, even though VCB won, 2005,2007,2009 all had Felix sitting watching VCB completing 4 100m rounds. Why do the Felix supporters blindly ignore this?
        Forget the 200/400 double, if Felix does the 100/200 double at any majors, it is hardly likely she medals at 100m, something VCB is adept at ,sans this year and the 200m picture would likely be different.
        If Felix had doubled (100/200) in 2005, 2007, and 2009, she still would have beaten VCB in the 200. The 100m would have far less affect on Felix than VCB since Felix is a sub 49 400m relay runner and a sub-50 open 400m runner. Face it, VCB has not been close to Felix in the WC meets.

If you think that 2008 is the truest picture of Felix vs VCB, then you are fooling yourself. It might have been true of what VCB is capable, but not what Felix can do. She came into the 2008 Olympics having run 23+ in the 200m in two meets prior to the OG.

Comment

• Since when the last race, or 2, you run prior to a major is a true reflection of your form? Try telling that to Melaine Walker and Lashunda Demus. Heck, try telling that to Felix. Using your logic then Felix should not medal in Beijing and DFM would have beaten VCB in the 100m.

The 2008 benchmark had both ladies running the 200m ONLY, who ran what pre Beijing and who had what for breakfast pre Beijing is horse manure.

Comment

• [quote=guruof track][quote="Lord_Zanus":1da3mgy4]
            Originally posted by "guruof track":1da3mgy4
            SAF is not going to beat Allyson in a 200. I mean seriously.

Has Felix ever lost to anyone besides VCB since 2005? Not that I can remember.
            She lost to Sherone Simpson and Sanya Richards in 06 I believe. I don't know how many times. I think once or twice.[/quote:1da3mgy4]

AF lost to Sherone, yes. To SR?? Unless your talking about a 400, I don't recall those meet.[/quote:1da3mgy4]

If I remember correctly Sanya did beat Felix in a deuce in 2005-06. Allyson lost more than once in 2006, I believe.

Remember ...back in 2006 Sanya set her 200m pr 22.17 and Felix's was still 22.18. They were very closely matched and generally battled down to the wire in all their races. This is going all the way back to high school.

In fact Felix was sort hovering at and above that 22.18 I believe until she dropped that 21.81 bomb in Osaka (probably not the best use of words ops: ).
            The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

Felix lost a 200m in London last year. TrackDaddy, who won what is correct, now let me ask you, "who won what" as it relates to 200m?

Having said all, these two does not get half the respect they deserve.
              We're definitely in agreement there.
              The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

Since when the last race, or 2, you run prior to a major is a true reflection of your form? Try telling that to Melaine Walker and Lashunda Demus. Heck, try telling that to Felix. Using your logic then Felix should not medal in Beijing and DFM would have beaten VCB in the 100m.

The 2008 benchmark had both ladies running the 200m ONLY, who ran what pre Beijing and who had what for breakfast pre Beijing is horse manure.
                Since when is when you have common sense and are familiar with an athlete performances. Obviously you lack in both of these areas!

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackDaddy
                  If I remember correctly Sanya did beat Felix in a deuce in 2005-06. Allyson lost more than once in 2006, I believe.

Remember ...back in 2006 Sanya set her 200m pr 22.17 and Felix's was still 22.18. They were very closely matched and generally battled down to the wire in all their races. This is going all the way back to high school.

In fact Felix was sort hovering at and above that 22.18 I believe until she dropped that 21.81 bomb in Osaka (probably not the best use of words ops: ).
                  My memory might be as bad as yours, but if Richards beat Felix it was when she came back from injury in 2006. Felix ran with a heavily bandaged leg at the US Championships in the rounds and qualified for the finals, but was not fit enough to run. It is possible that in one of her first meets back, she was beaten by Richards. I do know that Felix went on to beat Richads on 2 separate occasions, including the WAF where she also beat Simpson who had earlier ran 22.00 on two different occasions.. But as they say, a win is a win.

Felix's PBs for the years in questions have been:

2004 - 22.18
                  2005 - 22.13
                  2006 - 22.11
                  2007 - 21.81

Comment

• Originally posted by ILoveTrack
                    Originally posted by Alucard
                    2008 represemts the truest picture of Felix vs VCB as the later was not doubling. 2004, even though VCB won, 2005,2007,2009 all had Felix sitting watching VCB completing 4 100m rounds. Why do the Felix supporters blindly ignore this?
                    Forget the 200/400 double, if Felix does the 100/200 double at any majors, it is hardly likely she medals at 100m, something VCB is adept at ,sans this year and the 200m picture would likely be different.
                    If Felix had doubled (100/200) in 2005, 2007, and 2009, she still would have beaten VCB in the 200. The 100m would have far less affect on Felix than VCB since Felix is a sub 49 400m relay runner and a sub-50 open 400m runner. Face it, VCB has not been close to Felix in the WC meets.

If you think that 2008 is the truest picture of Felix vs VCB, then you are fooling yourself. It might have been true of what VCB is capable, but not what Felix can do. She came into the 2008 Olympics having run 23+ in the 200m in two meets prior to the OG.
                    You're sounding far too irrational and emotional. The 100m affects everyone no matter how good they are in the 400. They are two completley different events. Felix probably knows this better than you which is why she chose not to run the 100 in 2007, Felix is an amazing athlete, and deserves the praise but she's a human just like the rest of us.
                    All hail Lord Zanus!

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackDaddy
                      I don't know that anyone ignores the doubliing factor against VCB, Alu.

But who's fault is that? It is what its.

As for all this projecting that all these other people can beat Felix in the deuce if they don't double, well, y'all need to stop to rethink that.

When they run 21.8x or better holler at me.

And If Felix isn't doubling and is winning gold medals and other people are doubling and arent winning gold medals...it sounds like to me they need to give her management team a call. I'm not a math major but its pretty clear to me that one gold trumps a bucket of silver and bronze. She is very savvy and made the decision to drop the double attempt in 2007. Result? 3 Gold Medals.

onlooker...you said "the day Felix starts doubling is when she loses." Why would she double when she's winning gold and can see what doubling is doing to other people?

I just wanted to bring light to what's happening, that's all. I have no doubt that if VCB and KS make the deuce their priority and work at it as they do the 100m they will exchange victories on a regular basis with Felix. And it's true that 1gold is better than a any other combo of medals. I'm not blaming AF for doing just the deuce, I'm just saying that if her main competitors do the same thing the results will be different, we say that in 2008 with a focused VCB. Before the WC I was hoping for VCB to do just that but she didn't . VCB had that toe injury anyway, so it would've been difficult but I would have loved to have seen VCB give it a 'fresh' try.

One Love!
                      One Love!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Speedfirst
                        Ditto TD.......this talk about what Allyson will or won't do if she doubles, is all conjecture. No one knows the outcome, but what we do KNOW, is what has happened.
                        Thanks for nothing :lol:
                        One Love!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lord_Zanus
                          You're sounding far too irrational and emotional. The 100m affects everyone no matter how good they are in the 400. They are two completley different events. Felix probably knows this better than you which is why she chose not to run the 100 in 2007, Felix is an amazing athlete, and deserves the praise but she's a human just like the rest of us.
                          Since you have labeled my comments as irrational and emotional, let me see if I can help you understand what I said and what I didn't say. First, I didn't say the 100m doesn't affect everyone no matter how good they are in the 400. Second, I obviously didn't say the 100 and the 400 are the same events. What I did say is that if you have two runners who seek to double (100/200), and one runner's training program focuses on the 100/200 and the other runner focuses on the 100/200/400 (anyone who knows Kersee knows his runners do workouts for the 400), that logically you would expect the 100 to have less impact on the runner who has been trained for the 2/4 than the one who has trained for the 1/2. If that is irrational, then it says something about your IQ, not mine.

Would doubling affect Felix? Yes! But I do not think it would affect Felix as much as it does other runners because of her exceptional abilities in the 400m. I'm sorry if that is too irrational and emotional for you. :roll:

Comment

• Folks let's conclude that "ILoveTrack" will not give in. In the one season, 2008, when VCB does not double and wax Felix in the 200m "ILT" has it all figured out, Felix was not in shape as she ran 23+ coming into the Games. Now i've heard it all.

I am still waiting too see him use this new theory to explain Melaine Walker in 2009, Brown-Trafton last year or "the BigO" in 2007.

Until you do, we have this one FACT, the only occasion VCB did not double, she waxed Felix.

Comment

• Originally posted by onlooker
                              Originally posted by Speedfirst
                              Ditto TD.......this talk about what Allyson will or won't do if she doubles, is all conjecture. No one knows the outcome, but what we do KNOW, is what has happened.
                              Thanks for nothing :lol:
                              One Love!
                              on the road

Comment

• Not doubling matters.

ILT point stands on its merits.

VCB did not wax AF because she did not double.

The effects of doubling depends more on the athletes and their training more than which double they are doing.

If some of you were not so irrational and emotional you would not have ever attacked or try to convince ILT. lol

Comment

Working...
                                X