100 M MEN CLARKE Lerone JAM
    100 M MEN FRATER Michael JAM
    100 M MEN GAY Tyson USA
    100 M MEN MULLINGS Steve JAM
    100 M MEN PATTON Darvis USA
    100 M MEN POWELL Asafa JAM
    100 M MEN RODGERS Mike USA
    100 M MEN WILLIAMSON Simeon GBR

Isn't Tyson getting surgery done on his groin?

Comment

Yes, after Brussels.

Comment

in theory, it doesn't hamper his running in any way (at least not if you can tolerate excruciating pain that is)

Comment

Asafa has shown he's in good form recently, and i am expecting big things from him either tomorrow night, or more likely in Rieti. Since 2000 he has either improved or equalled his p.b every year, and i am expecting this to continue!!

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin-dave
            Asafa has shown he's in good form recently, and i am expecting big things from him either tomorrow night, or more likely in Rieti. Since 2000 he has either improved or equalled his p.b every year, and i am expecting this to continue!!
            I'm a huge fan of his and I hope you're right but he has had a very disruptive season which has affected him technically as well as physically. I'd be ecstatic if he gets into the high 9.7s some time in these last few races. If he does set a p.b. then we can expect something huge (by non Bolt standards) next year.

Comment

Originally posted by EZSum
              I'm a huge fan of his and I hope you're right but he has had a very disruptive season which has affected him technically as well as physically. I'd be ecstatic if he gets into the high 9.7s some time in these last few races. If he does set a p.b. then we can expect something huge (by non Bolt standards) next year.
              If he sets a PB this year, wouldn't that already be something huge anyway considering it would be faster than 9.72 ? :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by croflash
                Originally posted by EZSum
                If he sets a PB this year, wouldn't that already be something huge anyway considering it would be faster than 9.72 ? :wink:
                Since Berlin it's become hard to say what constitutes a huge performance anymore. If Asafa ran 9.71 or better this season that'd be seriously impressive. I think it would take a mid 9.6 or better to qualify as that "huge" time I'd like to see from him and that'll have to wait till at least next year, if ever.

Comment

Lane Athlete Nation PB SB
                  1 FRATER, Michael JAM 9.97 10.02
                  2 RODGERS, Mike USA 9.94 9.94
                  3 CLARKE, Lerone JAM 9.99 9.99
                  4 GAY, Tyson USA 9.71 9.71
                  5 POWELL, Asafa JAM 9.72 9.84
                  6 PATTON, Darvis USA 9.89 9.94
                  7 BURNS, Mark TRI 9.96 10.00
                  8 MULLINGS, Steve JAM 10.01 10.01
                  9 WILLIAMSON, Simeon GBR 10.03 10.05

Comment

Asafa looked very good i n 9.89. No wonder his most important meet of the season will be in 2 days (Rieti).

Comment

Originally posted by Hano
                      Asafa looked very good i n 9.89. No wonder his most important meet of the season will be in 2 days (Rieti).
                      Most important meet in which sense ?

Comment

He is always at his best over there, so it seems important to him.

Comment

Well, yes, but the most important meet was definitely the WCHs.

Comment

Well, yes, but the most important meet was definitely the WCHs.
                            of course! but I still look forward to Rieti, I have the feeling Asafa could go sub 9.8.

Comment

full results?

Comment

Working...
                              X