Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Torri Edwards 2010 comeback..........

She is my favorite US sprinter was thinking she could comeback strong in 2010.....thoughts
    Jeter had a great 07 and then a subpar 08 and back strong for 09 so it can be done

Cheers

https://twitter.com/TorriEdwards

Comment

Anyone knows which two meets she talking about?

She will be 33 in 2010.
      Aaron ran a couple sub-11 in her low-40's, Chandra Stirrup and DFM are running sub-11's, and of course Merlene PB'd at 36 :shock: :shock: So its very much possible IMHO, it just takes a certain type of drive and hunger thats all.

Comment

Originally posted by t_monk

She will be 33 in 2010.
        Aaron ran a couple sub-11 in her low-40's, Chandra Stirrup and DFM are running sub-11's, and of course Merlene PB'd at 36 :shock: :shock: So its very much possible IMHO, it just takes a certain type of drive and hunger thats all.
        If it's end of September, then it must be the mini tour of Asia. So Daegu, Shanghai and I think there's a meet in Japan.

Comment

Is she still with John Smith?

Comment

She will be 33 in 2010.
            Oldest performers with legal sub 11:00

40 years, 3 months, 20 days - Merlene Ottey - 10.99 Thessaloníki in 2000
            37 years, 9 months, 28 days - Chandra Sturrup - 10.99 Roma in 2009
            35 years, 2 months, 16 days - Eldece Clarke-Lewis - 10.96 Fort-de-France in 2000
            34 years, 12 days - Pauline Davis-Thompson - 10.97 Nassau in 2000
            33 years, 7 months, 25 days - Gail Devers - 10.99 Sacramento in 2000
            33 years, 6 months, 12 days - Debbie Ferguson-McKenzie - 10.97 Monaco in 2009
            32 years, 6 months, 10 days - Mary Onyali - 10.99 La Chaux-de-Fonds in 2000
            33 years - Chryste Gaines - 10.86 Monaco in 2003

Comment

Torri can come back and: win the US chmapionship, the World Cmapionships, Olympic Games, set a world record in both the 100 and 200. But........please, please, please, please, please do not ever allow her on another USA women's 4x100 relay again!

Comment

Originally posted by jpaule
                Torri can come back and: win the US chmapionship, the World Cmapionships, Olympic Games, set a world record in both the 100 and 200. But........please, please, please, please, please do not ever allow her on another USA women's 4x100 relay again!
                I thought she was a decent relay runner.

Comment

Originally posted by jpaule
                  I thought she was a decent relay runner.
                  She is a solid relay runner and passer but some on the board blame her for everything that befalls the USA 4/100 ladies
                  LW is the problem on relays

Cheers

Comment

The only knock I've consistently heard about Tori and the relays was her running anchor (besides the stick problem with LW last year). Running starts don't seem to be her forte.

I always thought we were missing the boat with her not being on first. She has an incredible start from the blocks but I'm not sure how effectively she runs the curve.
                    The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

What we learned in Beijing was that Torri should have been third leg all these years. Lost in the dropped pass was the fact that she blistered that bend. I have never been sold on her on first leg. She has run her best legs in the middle of the relay, including a second leg run in 2000 that her detractors seem to not know about.

Comment

I have always advocated for Torri getting locked in a bathroom, locker room, or closet during the relay.

She is been a disaster in the relays , PERIOD.

Comment

She will be 33 in 2010.
                          Aaron ran a couple sub-11 in her low-40's
                          who's Aaron ?? :?
                          i deserve extra credit

Comment

Christine Arron.
                            The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

[quote=mump boy]
                              Originally posted by "t_monk":312cxadm

She will be 33 in 2010.
                              Aaron ran a couple sub-11 in her low-40's
                              who's Aaron ?? :?[/quote:312cxadm]

I was tryin to say that Arron ran sub-11 in her 30's....
                              I don't know what I was thinking/doing when I was posting this...

Comment

Working...
                              X